You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

Yeah, I think if you've ever lived anywhere where they make it a stone's throw away, and it actually tastes of apples, it's normal that you aren't going to be buying Bulmers.

Bigger difference between shit cider and nice cider, than there is between shit lager and nice lager.

Im going to be around Tiverton, Down St Mary, Witheridge and Crediton on holiday for a couple of weeks in 10 days time. 

I can’t fucking wait. 

3 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Yeah, I think if you've ever lived anywhere where they make it a stone's throw away, and it actually tastes of apples, it's normal that you aren't going to be buying Bulmers.

Bigger difference between shit cider and nice cider, than there is between shit lager and nice lager.

Oh I don't know about that. The gap between Morretti and Carlsberg is equivalent to Margot Robbie and Gail Platt off Corrie. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Oh I don't know about that. The gap between Morretti and Carlsberg is equivalent to Margot Robbie and Gail Platt off Corrie. 

I’d agree with Jairzinho, shit lager as long as ice cold I could still force it down. 

Shit cider is so fucking sweet it’s undrinkable. 

7 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Im going to be around Tiverton, Down St Mary, Witheridge and Crediton on holiday for a couple of weeks in 10 days time. 

I can’t fucking wait. 

That must be the first time anyone has ever been on holiday in Crediton.

I'm contemplating a trip back to the UK in August. Depending on the virus situation at the time, obviously.

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

No argument from me, mate. 

But I can drink a pint of Carlsberg. If I turned up at a pub and all they had was Strongbow, I'd probably get a cup of tea.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

That must be the first time anyone has ever been on holiday in Crediton.

I'm contemplating a trip back to the UK in August. Depending on the virus situation at the time, obviously.

I’ve been going on holiday near Crediton for over 30 years. 

Just now, lifetime fan said:

I’ve been going on holiday near Crediton for over 30 years. 

"near" is doing some heavy leg work there, mate. And, to be fair, you only need to go a mile or two and you're in a nice village like Sandford, Shobrooke, Thorverton. Took the missus to see all three last year. The fact that we went on a Saturday while they had cricket matches on, with bars that have Devon Mist on tap, was purely coincidental.

Out of interest, where do you go?

3 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

"near" is doing some heavy leg work there, mate. And, to be fair, you only need to go a mile or two and you're in a nice village like Sandford, Shobrooke, Thorverton. Took the missus to see all three last year. The fact that we went on a Saturday while they had cricket matches on, with bars that have Devon Mist on tap, was purely coincidental.

Out of interest, where do you go?

Parents had a caravan here;

http://www.yeatheridge.co.uk/

We still keep going down for the cider, golf and countryside. 

19 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Ahh yeah, near Black Dog.

Yeah, Black Dog, Yeatheridge Inn, Chumleigh, Chawleigh...

Got up to all sorts of shit around there as a kid including losing my virginity in a maise field. 

There’s a lovely fly fishing trout lake not far from Black Dog too. We’d cycle to Tiverton to but a load of alcohol from Safeway and then go and get pissed fishing. 

1 hour ago, lifetime fan said:

I’d agree with Jairzinho, shit lager as long as ice cold I could still force it down. 

Shit cider is so fucking sweet it’s undrinkable. 

You're gonna hate me but I really like the Tesco own brand cider. Its only 2:45 for 4 cans and its so refreshing when its warm. 

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

No argument from me, mate. 

But I can drink a pint of Carlsberg. If I turned up at a pub and all they had was Strongbow, I'd probably get a cup of tea.

Nah not Carlsberg. I got put off years ago when I ordered a pint of it on a hangover and it just have been the first pint of it poured in a few days. It fucking stunk. 

12 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Nah not Carlsberg. I got put off years ago when I ordered a pint of it on a hangover and it just have been the first pint of it poured in a few days. It fucking stunk. 

To be honest, I can't even remember the last time I had Carlsberg. Is it really worse than Carling?

1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

To be honest, I can't even remember the last time I had Carlsberg. Is it really worse than Carling?

It's on a par. Few mates used to buy it purely because they sponsored Liverpool at the time but there's a limit to my loyalty.

31 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Sorry Section but the answer to this is absolutely yes. Even the Carlsberg Export gives me the jitters. Its probably the worst lager in the world. 

Sadly Carlsberg and Carling tended to be your introduction to lager if you were born in the 80s. By the time you were around 17 or so, it was a pint of Carling at someone's birthday/christening in a social club, usually completely flat with no head. You all pretend you're enjoying it, but you're not. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Sadly Carlsberg and Carling tended to be your introduction to lager if you were born in the 80s. By the time you were around 17 or so, it was a pint of Carling at someone's birthday/christening in a social club, usually completely flat with no head. You all pretend you're enjoying it, but you're not. 

I do like the odd can of these

640x640.jpg

Red Stripe as well is lovely. 

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

You youngsters dont know you're born, if you started drinking in the 70's you were introduced to Grunhalle , a brew in Greenalls pubs that made any of the ones you have mentioned taste like Nectar.

• Upvote 1