You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

1 minute ago, Numero said:

I got so fucking smashed on Cornish scrumpy as a kid that I thought I'd gone blind. It put me off cider ever since. Now, some of this might have been my fault, but I was drunk and the scrumpy didn't try to help me at all.

Rattler? 

You definitely need to respect that. 

I don't really drink Lager (Actually I've been drinking Heineken and Morretti more lately at home) but back when I did, I'd much prefer a Carling over a Fosters. Stella used to give me the worst headaches. There is a much better selection available in most places than there was 10 years ago. 

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I don't really drink Lager (Actually I've been drinking Heineken and Morretti more lately at home) but back when I did, I'd much prefer a Carling over a Fosters. Stella used to give me the worst headaches. There is a much better selection available in most places than there was 10 years ago. 

Beer was terrible when I was going out. Carling, fosters, John smiths and Gunness, that was about it. 

If it was draught I always preferred Kronenberg. Never liked Stella, smells like pot. Always made me laugh the way people described it as rocket fuel and it was about 0.8% stronger than fosters.

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Beer was terrible when I was going out. Carling, fosters, John smiths and Gunness, that was about it. 

If it was draught I always preferred Kronenberg. Never liked Stella, smells like pot. Always made me laugh the way people described it as rocket fuel and it was about 0.8% stronger than fosters.

I drink Guinness when I'm out mainly. 

Cider snobs are a bit of a new thing arent they? People who drink cider you've never heard of and say stuff like "I bet you're a lager dinker aren't you?".

I am, but I also happen to know your wife got fingered by your best mate from the cricket club, me Mrs told me and swore me to secrecy so perhaps you should be thankful I don't drink the strong stuff.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Yeah, I don't know. I had four pints of Stella once and was absolutely wrecked, as bad as if I'd drank a bottle of vodka. I can't explain it.

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Yeah, I don't know. I had four pints of Stella once and was absolutely wrecked, as bad as if I'd drank a bottle of vodka. I can't explain it.

All sorts of variables. The most drunk you'll ever feel is half way through your first pint on a summer's evening on a Friday after work when you're driving. I'd be up in the pub bogs making helicopter noises while I'm swirling the stream around. Give me an 80 euro Falaraki fishbowl filled with methylated spirit though and I could pick flowers with a JCB.

20 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

All sorts of variables. The most drunk you'll ever feel is half way through your first pint on a summer's evening on a Friday after work when you're driving. I'd be up in the pub bogs making helicopter noises while I'm swirling the stream around. Give me an 80 euro Falaraki fishbowl filled with methylated spirit though and I could pick flowers with a JCB.

Hahaha 

The last time I drank Stella was on an empty stomach at a work do, Christmas '96. Wasn't my intention. My bus got me there a fair bit early so I had a couple of pints on my own. Our food then took literally hours to arrive, so several more before eating anything. Fatal. I was working for Next as a Xmas temp. My boss at the time thought he was Bob Mortimer. Sat lording it at the head of the table, lapping up the tiny bit of power and interest it gave him from temp girls half his age, pretending he couldn't hear them and leaning in close as he could for every word. Openly dismissive of any younger lads though, oddly enough. 

At one point some water bombs came out from somewhere and he said that if anyone threw one at him they'd get punched in the face. I exploded one directly onto his glasses probably less than 3 seconds after he said that. He didn't punch me, but did inform me he'd be immediately relieving me of my duties. I threw chicken fajitas all over him at that point. I was 19 and definitely being an absolutely horrendous fucking tit, so I've never drunk Stella again. Ever.

Better to burn out than to fade away though. Smug little herbert.

56 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

There’s fuck all wrong with Guinness.

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Cider snobs are a bit of a new thing arent they? People who drink cider you've never heard of and say stuff like "I bet you're a lager dinker aren't you?".

I am, but I also happen to know your wife got fingered by your best mate from the cricket club, me Mrs told me and swore me to secrecy so perhaps you should be thankful I don't drink the strong stuff.

When you became aware of cider ‘snobs’ as you call them I expect was exactly the same time people tried to call perry cider, the introduction of Magners/Bulmers, carling cider, Stella cider or fucking kopparberg. 

All of which are undrinkable. 

There’s loads of top quality small cider producers up to as far north as Herefordshire, on top of that you have the likes of Thatchers, Stowford Press and Westons that make large scale decent ciders. 

There’s nothing snobbish about telling some daft cunt drinking strongbow or strawberry and lime kopparberg it’s not cider. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

The last time I drank Stella was on an empty stomach at a work do, Christmas '96. Wasn't my intention. My bus got me there a fair bit early so I had a couple of pints on my own. Our food then took literally hours to arrive, so several more before eating anything. Fatal. I was working for Next as a Xmas temp. My boss at the time thought he was Bob Mortimer. Sat lording it at the head of the table, lapping up the tiny bit of power and interest it gave him from temp girls half his age, pretending he couldn't hear them and leaning in close as he could for every word. Openly dismissive of any younger lads though, oddly enough. 

At one point some water bombs came out from somewhere and he said that if anyone threw one at him they'd get punched in the face. I exploded one directly onto his glasses probably less than 3 seconds after he said that. He didn't punch me, but did inform me he'd be immediately relieving me of my duties. I threw chicken fajitas all over him at that point. I was 19 and definitely being an absolutely horrendous fucking tit, so I've never drunk Stella again. Ever.

Better to burn out than to fade away though. Smug little herbert.

Did you turn up to work the next day?

9 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

When you became aware of cider ‘snobs’ as you call them I expect was exactly the same time people tried to call perry cider, the introduction of Magners/Bulmers, carling cider, Stella cider or fucking kopparberg. 

All of which are undrinkable. 

There’s loads of top quality small cider producers up to as far north as Herefordshire, on top of that you have the likes of Thatchers, Stowford Press and Westons that make large scale decent ciders. 

There’s nothing snobbish about telling some daft cunt drinking strongbow or strawberry and lime kopparberg it’s not cider. 

Yeah, I think if you've ever lived anywhere where they make it a stone's throw away, and it actually tastes of apples, it's normal that you aren't going to be buying Bulmers.

Bigger difference between shit cider and nice cider, than there is between shit lager and nice lager.