You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

1 minute ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

The resurgence of IPA is one of the best things to happen in a long time.  You can drink more than 3 pints without feeling like Charlie Bucket and his Grandpa, frantically burping to save their lives.

I must admit I prefer darker beers, but a nice IPA goes down well sometimes. I used to drink IPA more when I worked in Scotland, quite like a pint if Deuchars when I can get it!

18 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Carling, a drink beloved mainly of the working class. It's snobbery.

EDIT: evidence that Carling is a working class drink

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2015/10/09/how-middle-class-your-lager

All of the lagers in that poll taste like piss as well

Give me a Guinness or a decent Ale any day... and then you go to Germany or Czech and the lagers are awesome

25 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

So I can go out, drink 7 or 8 pints and I'll be perfectly OK to get in a car and drive ?

Of course it gets you drunk.

Again, it's a case of one mans meat being another mans poison.

It's a long time since I drank 3.7% beer. Give me 5 pints of something decent over 8 pints of shite any day. 

22 minutes ago, mattyq said:

All of the lagers in that poll taste like piss as well

Give me a Guinness or a decent Ale any day... and then you go to Germany or Czech and the lagers are awesome

Trumer Pils is probably the best lager around. Surprisingly not the easiest to find in Vienna though.

9 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Trumer Pils is probably the best lager around. Surprisingly not the easiest to find in Vienna though.

A Salzburg brewery according to Google. Must have come across it as have had a few drinks there but don't remember it particularly

Innis & Gunn do a very acceptable lager but only draught in Scotland, I think.

My current old reliable is Budvar. You can buy it anywhere, it's reasonably priced and it's still lovely

• Upvote 1

When I worked in spoons we had some bloke who used to drink Carling shandy but with soda instead of lemonade. Mindblowimg. There was also a bloke who used to shit in a morrisons bag and leave it down the side of the toilet. We never worked out who he was, but it could conceivably have been the same guy.

9 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

When I worked in spoons we had some bloke who used to drink Carling shandy but with soda instead of lemonade. Mindblowimg. There was also a bloke who used to shit in a morrisons bag and leave it down the side of the toilet. We never worked out who he was, but it could conceivably have been the same guy.

I used to know an Irish fella who would substitute lemonade for cola in shandy.

I wretched every time I saw it. 

You just can’t have a sense of taste if you can stomach that.

Thing is I dont want strong lager that I can only drink 4 or 5 pints of, if I went out at 8 i'd be home by 10 pm.

I dont sit there admiring every fucking mouthful, nodding knowingly about how i can taste the hops or whatever,  I like to get it down my neck and get happily pissed.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, A Red said:

Thing is I dont want strong lager that I can only drink 4 or 5 pints of, if I went out at 8 i'd be home by 10 pm.

I dont sit there admiring every fucking mouthful, nodding knowingly about how i can taste the hops or whatever,  I like to get it down my neck and get happily pissed.

And sometimes something nice and refreshing, especially in the summer. 

• Upvote 1

On 05/07/2020 at 14:17, Section_31 said:

If it's two people, I know which one I'd call a dirty bastard first.

• Upvote 1