You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

11 hours ago, Gnasher said:

If Swinson would have stayed calm and waited to see how Brexit would have unfolded instead of panicking and forcing an election because she though4 if brexit unfolded she would lose seats the political climate would have been a lot different 

The Tories sid not have the numbers to call an election. Swinson forced corbyns hand  She gave him little option. Assid the mps in his own party.

The sad fact is the only leader who had a constructive plan about brexit (andi want out) was Corbyn. And he is now ridiculed in the main 

I agree basically.  Had the opposition parties put aside their own agenda and formed a government then they could have got the referendum agreed and then had an election from a position of strength  

55 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

So basically they've got to elect a Tory as leader to win an election? I love this cuntry!

Was that deliberate or a Freudian slip?

I'd say if you want to win, you have to understand how the particular political system works and analyze possible ways of winning. You probably  need a leader with a strong personality that crosses over ideological lines, good tactics and a position that can win over people beyond your hardcore support.

Must say, irrespective of anything else I just find Jess Phillips unlistenable. She’s not anything close to the sort of individual who’ll play well with the electorate. It’s like with Owen Jones, rightly or wrongly message content ends up just being ignored or tutted at by many when the person delivering it automatically gets their back up.

Utterly charmless and chippy in the style of a woman permanently complaining her son has been excluded from class for punching someone who hid his pencil case. She reminds me of that receptionist at the leisure centre in The Day Today, all huffs, sighs and eye rolls.

Fuck presenting the party to the country at this point in its history with a total bellend like her permanently setting that sort of hand on hip, what are you going to do about our Declan being given ham sandwiches when he prefers chicken tone. 

• Upvote 2

I don’t think there are many suitable candidates. Starmer, is he going to win back the brexity north? Or build a sustainable class consciousness? Or attack the ruling orthodoxies? I’m not sure. I really don’t know where we go from here. There’s no candidate that stands out to me 

7 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Must say, irrespective of anything else I just find Jess Phillips unlistenable. She’s not anything close to the sort of individual who’ll play well with the electorate. It’s like with Owen Jones, rightly or wrongly message content ends up just being ignored or tutted at by many when the person delivering it automatically gets their back up.

Utterly charmless and chippy in the style of a woman permanently complaining her son has been excluded from class for punching someone who hid his pencil case. She reminds me of that receptionist at the leisure centre in The Day Today, all huffs, sighs and eye rolls.

Fuck presenting the party to the country at this point in its history with a total bellend like her permanently setting that sort of hand on hip, what are you going to do about our Declan being given ham sandwiches when he prefers chicken tone. 

She made a speech in one of the Brexit votes that Johnson lost a few months ago & while some of the points she was trying to get across were sound it was quite embarrassing as she spent most of the time apologising to Bercow for not knowing the protocol , and losing her thread constantly. Her & Johnson at PM Questions does not bear thinking about.

• Upvote 1

Just now, sir roger said:

She made a speech in one of the Brexit votes that Johnson lost a few months ago & while some of the points she was trying to get across were sound it was quite embarrassing as she spent most of the time apologising to Bercow for not knowing the protocol , and losing her thread constantly. Her & Johnson at PM Questions does not bear thinking about.

Yeah, I saw that mate. The worst part is she does it in a knowingly contrived way, obviously convinced its part of her look how very bloody authentic and tell it how it is I am USP.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In a statement Ofcom said: “We assessed complaints from viewers who felt that this programme was factually inaccurate and biased. In our view, the programme was duly impartial.

Fuck Ofcom. No wonder they can get away with shit like that when the system is so corrupt. Electoral Commission is probably the same.

When you can probably spend less than 5 minutes reading one of several articles showing how that documentary is clearly biased it proves that Ofcom haven't really checked properly or they were never interested in the first place. Like the documentary itself, the outcome was already determined.

The government is corrupt and serves several other countries governments along with a bunch of corporations instead of serving the population like it should do. Our elections are also a joke, so is the media and those that are supposed to oversee both and keep them running properly. Our democracy is a mirage.

• Upvote 3

On 11/01/2020 at 06:28, Bjornebye said:

B5859982-E6C5-4520-A49E-79E22E3C4E41.jpeg

On the "insult" angle, Sky News have done a few segments today on the 75th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz-Birkenau. 

The former chairman of the Board of Deputies, Jonathan Arkush, and another interviewee used their platforms to have a go at Labour. It was quite distasteful to hear them hijacking such a day for political point scoring.