You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

34 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Stronts has gone full David Icke.

If Swinson would have stayed calm and waited to see how Brexit would have unfolded instead of panicking and forcing an election because she though4 if brexit unfolded she would lose seats the political climate would have been a lot different 

The Tories sid not have the numbers to call an election. Swinson forced corbyns hand  She gave him little option. Assid the mps in his own party.

The sad fact is the only leader who had a constructive plan about brexit (andi want out) was Corbyn. And he is now ridiculed in the main 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, viRdjil said:

Surely it wouldn’t work on Bernie?

They're having a go at it. It'll probably just get worse over time. Now that they know it worked on Corbyn they'll be more confident, even though Sanders is Jewish.

His campaign speechwriter has even started commenting on it :

Looks like it's a war of attrition tactic, just keep going and going at it until there's a mountain of crap that they've mostly created themselves/taken out of context. When it's first shown to people new to it though I guess they're just overwhelmed and don't even know how to deal with it. That's probably what worked with the Corbyn hit job too.

It's not to say that Corbyn never made any mistakes, but when you take things out of context, don't allow for human beings to make mistakes, then add a load of smears and other crap it's clearly a joke. It works though if it's not resisted enough, Sanders supporters will have to move fast on this or it could get out of hand.

9 hours ago, neopulian said:

The general public simply do not want people with suspected patriotism to be their leader.

This is the one of the main attack lines on any non-conservative. Miliband, Brown, Corbyn and the London mayor Khan who all have varying domestic and foreign policy views have been on the receiving end of it. Labour politicians need to combat it but not by standing for nothing or turning a blind eye to injustices.

In the short-term Labour need to reconsider their constitution on pacts. The below comments doesn't even mention any potential nationalist movement in Wales that could see something similar to Scotland. We need to consider how we work with Plaid Cymru and the Greens at the very minimum. 

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I never liked him but Andy Burnham would of been a better choice than some of the names I've seen. Isn't he mayor of Manchester now or something.

Yes he is and he's shite, completely invisible, and when he does appear he just moans about having his hands tied by central government even when he has some things within his own powers. 

22 minutes ago, Moo said:

I think Labour should go for a woman, not as tokenism but in the hope the press might think twice about how they tear into her.  But who? Nandy? Rayner?

I think Labour should go for the best person to lead the party, with no concern for whether or not they have a vagina. As for the papers, I'm fairly sure that they don't care much about who they rip into. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I think Labour should go for the best person to lead the party, with no concern for whether or not they have a vagina. As for the papers, I'm fairly sure that they don't care much about who they rip into. 

You're first line goes without saying, but there might be more than one appropriate candidate one of whom may be female.  And you're probably right about the papers/media, but I think they went easy on Swinson, and May before her, considering how vile they were and how much damage they were doing, even the more centre or left leaning outlets held back.