You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

I said months and months ago maybe even a year that Corbyn couldn't win this. Not because of him and his beliefs. I believe he is absolutely the right person to lead this country because of his decency and honesty. He has lost this because he has been absolutely slaughtered unfairly and smeared for wanting to sit down and have talks instead of violence and because he has been seen to care more about humanity than financial gain.

Those with too much of a financial interest in power outside of politics have been terrified of him. They appear to have fucking won and the world continues to completely punch itself into a bloody stupor. If god existed he would have stopped this fight years ago. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I said months and months ago maybe even a year that Corbyn could win this. Not because of him and his beliefs. I believe he is absolutely the right person to lead this country because of his decency and honesty. He has lost this because he has been absolutely slaughtered unfairly and smeared for wanting to sit down and have talks instead of violence and because he has been seen to care more about humanity than financial gain.

Those with too much of a financial interest in power outside of politics have been terrified of him. They appear to have fucking won and the world continues to completely punch itself into a bloody stupor. If god existed he would have stopped this fight years ago. 

I'm with you on this marvellous post.

It’s a load of bollocks that Corbyn is inarticulate, weak and lacking in charisma. Far too many people swallow the bullshit spewed by right wing media. Far too many people despise foreigners. Too few people care about the sick, disabled and homeless. Too many people take the NHS for granted, especially those who don’t have any real history of poor physical and mental health. 

• Upvote 11

2 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

It’s a load of bollocks that Corbyn is inarticulate, weak and lacking in charisma. Far too many people swallow the bullshit spewed by right wing media. Far too many people despise foreigners. Too few people care about the sick, disabled and homeless. Too many people take the NHS for granted, especially those who don’t have any real history of poor physical and mental health. 

If only there way people could express their support of him? 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Great post 

38 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I said months and months ago maybe even a year that Corbyn couldn't win this. Not because of him and his beliefs. I believe he is absolutely the right person to lead this country because of his decency and honesty. He has lost this because he has been absolutely slaughtered unfairly and smeared for wanting to sit down and have talks instead of violence and because he has been seen to care more about humanity than financial gain.

I totally disagree with the bit bolded.

hes lost this because he’s been absolutely unable to build a strong and cohesive message of opposition against a government that has been disliked by the majority of people and somehow has allowed Johnson so ride in as a “new” face without having to answer to being a part of the Tory government that people have disliked for 4 years or more.

being decent and honest and doing the right thing in current politics is pointless if you’re doing it from the sidelines.

to get into power, the Labour Party needed to hold these cunts to account, and at almost every point where it should’ve done in the last 2 years it’s shot itself in the foot instead.

as leader, hes responsible for that.

Corbyn has forced more defeats on a sitting government ( and more on average per year ) than any other opposition leader in history , so that is bollocks Bob , and what Corbyn supporters have got used to , totally false comments or exaggerated criticisms that are repeated so often they are just swallowed whole by huge swathes of the populace.

18 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I totally disagree with the bit bolded.

hes lost this because he’s been absolutely unable to build a strong and cohesive message of opposition against a government that has been disliked by the majority of people and somehow has allowed Johnson so ride in as a “new” face without having to answer to being a part of the Tory government that people have disliked for 4 years or more.

being decent and honest and doing the right thing in current politics is pointless if you’re doing it from the sidelines.

to get into power, the Labour Party needed to hold these cunts to account, and at almost every point where it should’ve done in the last 2 years it’s shot itself in the foot instead.

as leader, hes responsible for that.

Fuck me, whats the point of living eh?

31 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Spot on. 

And if you're gloating over this you're a dickhead.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Corbyn has forced more defeats on a sitting government ( and more on average per year ) than any other opposition leader in history , so that is bollocks Bob , and what Corbyn supporters have got used to , totally false comments or exaggerated criticisms that are repeated so often they are just swallowed whole by huge swathes of the populace.

Hasn't alot of them defeats though been heavily in parts to splits in the tory party over hard brexiters and those wanted a soft exit. They'll hold such a majority now it'll be near impossible for them to lose a vote

8 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Corbyn was incidental in that. It was the tories lack of clear majority and splits in their own party that cause defeats, not corbyn.

• Upvote 1

I think Corbyn's decency has let him down. I think he has tried to bring in a gentler politics but I don't think that is realistic in this 'I can shout louder than you ' era. I think he failed to adjust his tactics for this election when he should have realised that Johnson is a whole different type of cunt than May , and got down in the dirt if necessary. It probably would not have changed the election result completely , but I was literally screaming at him during the the election debates where he refused to bring up Arcuri , parenthood , Russian dossiers , orphans being left in Syria et al.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Might not be a nice sentiment, but is true.

being nice and having absolutely no influence over anything is hardly a win.

Yep, don't tell the truth and prosper, I'm over half a century in age and still have the values of telling the truth since I was a small child instilled within me via my parents.  Yet this is how we have to behave? very sad times.

I do think it's time for him to go, he had an election with a small tory majority, and one with a hung parliament, so a slight gain, and in some respects earned another crack to see if he could improve again. But this one's a big defeat and it's unlikely that he's going to have anything up his sleeve that will convince anyone he's going to do better next time. 

In our darkest days under the hodge it was difficult to imagine how we were ever going to get out of the slump, but 5 years later we got our hands on a brilliant leader who took us all the way back to the top. 

Utopia lies ahead. 

He will never win a general election brexit votes lost or not. I think now Labour needs a leader who will be aggressive challenging the Tories on their actions. Fuck knows who that is but you don't keep a leader who suffers a defeat this big. smearing and propaganda is so effective it's depressing.

Part of me thinks why bother at all, we get the government the media tells us to have. The influence of the sun and daily mail in this country is massive.

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

You're well intentioned, but noone is terrified of Corbyn. He was an absolute godsend to the Conservative party - a godsend. He's essentially allowed them to be as incompetent, as unruly, as combustible as they like .. and still to walk away trumps at the end of it.

This 'good man' notion is silly too. He has been cut-throat & clumsy in his manner of managing divisions and crises within the party. If he had any care for the 'people' as he puts it he would have walked away long ago. No, he's a deeply proud, narcissitical individual who has always been unfailingly devoted to his own beliefs and never demonstated the flexibility or compromise to figure out what needs to be done to get Labour into a position of being competitive. It is oh, oh so easy to be the frowning, fingers-in-ears child in the corner who knows they'll never have to actually execute or deliver upon what they say. Can you tell I don't care for the man?