You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

3 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

It's not a good choice. It's also a word that I knew Stronts would jump on immediately, despite not being above using it himself. 

I haven't used it for more than a year and a half, precisely because it's a concerning term. But congratulations on managing to victim-blame, full marks.

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Modern anti-semitism? So criticism of an evil government who are committing genocide is anti-semitic? Did I get that right? 

No, once again you either don't understand or pretend not to.

You're allowed to criticise Israel, and indeed, you seldom do anything but.

It's the other things which are problematic - denial of the right of Jews to self-determination; delegitimisation and demonization of the Jewish state; application of double standards to Jews; invocation of antisemitic conspiracy theories and tropes when criticising Israel etc

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I haven't used it for more than a year and a half, precisely because it's a concerning term. But congratulations on managing to victim-blame, full marks.

Congratulations on not denying it, glad you learned something but you can fuck right off you tit. 

• Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I've been nothing but honest in my time here. Being non-committal is not dishonesty.

Already have about half a dozen negs today for talking about racist statements and actions by Corbyn. Multiply that by hundreds and you're half way to understanding my experiences.

Some people won't be happy until they force us all out of the country.

Behave. Negged.

1 minute ago, A Red said:

SD has said he doesnt want to call Corbyn anti- semetic, he has said why.  You might agree or disagree on his reasons but to keep going on with the insults is straying into bullying territory

He hasn't said that and he is big enough to throw his own insults around the place. Cant take it back though can he. Thats the signs of a bully right there. I can do this but oh god no you must say anything back or disagree with me because you know.... me me me cry cry cry. 

Bollocks. 

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

No, once again you either don't understand or pretend not to.

You're allowed to criticise Israel, and indeed, you seldom do anything but.

It's the other things which are problematic - denial of the right of Jews to self-determination; delegitimisation and demonization of the Jewish state; application of double standards to Jews; invocation of antisemitic conspiracy theories and tropes when criticising Israel etc

Oh right. Forgive me for hating innocent people getting used as target practice because of their religion/race. 

Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

Some game. My ancestors have had to flee their homes numerous times throughout history. I don't want to have to flee again.

You live on the Wirral Strontz. I know it might look like The Golan Heights but no-one is chasing you anywhere for being jewish. Its the poor Palestinians doing the fleeing. From you know, the Israeli war machine. 

• Upvote 3

That list of Corbyn's alleged antisemitism is hilarious. So much reaching. It's noticeable that a LOT of the examples seem to have an issue with Corbyn attending pro-Palestinian rights events. As always, the criticism of Corbyn's alleged racism tends to show a degree of racism in the mindset of the accuser themselves. The mural, the wreath, the IHRA definition etc. It's all been done before. And there's pretty much an innocent explanation for all of them. Yaaaaaaaawn. 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You live on the Wirral Strontz. I know it might look like The Golan Heights but no-one is chasing you anywhere for being jewish. Its the poor Palestinians doing the fleeing. From you know, the Israeli war machine. 

Golan is actually very nice and green looking. 

3 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

That list of Corbyn's alleged antisemitism is hilarious. So much reaching. It's noticeable that a LOT of the examples seem to have an issue with Corbyn attending pro-Palestinian rights events. As always, the criticism of Corbyn's alleged racism tends to show a degree of racism in the mindset of the accuser themselves. The mural, the wreath, the IHRA definition etc. It's all been done before. And there's pretty much an innocent explanation for all of them. Yaaaaaaaawn. 

I’ve been called a weasel for something much less in reference to another person.

37 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I've been nothing but honest in my time here. Being non-committal is not dishonesty.

Already have about half a dozen negs today for talking about racist statements and actions by Corbyn. Multiply that by hundreds and you're half way to understanding my experiences.

Some people won't be happy until they force us all out of the country.

This is a genuinely disgusting comment. You’ve lost the plot lad

2 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

I’ve been called a weasel for something much less in reference to another person.

No. You. Weren't.

This is yet another example of you taking a well-known euphemism like "weasel words" and interpreting it literally.

17 minutes ago, A Red said:

SD has said he doesnt want to call Corbyn anti- semetic, he has said why.  You might agree or disagree on his reasons but to keep going on with the insults is straying into bullying territory

Bullying. Right. Give your head a wobble too