You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Guest Pistonbroke
17 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Ah FFS Jeremy... two of them are Jewish. Wait 9 days you idiot!

Stop being stupid lad. The knobbers are all to quick to sling dirt, no need for a so called intelligent bloke to muck in with them. 

13 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Stop being stupid lad. The knobbers are all to quick to sling dirt, no need for a so called intelligent bloke to muck in with them. 

I wasn’t trying to ‘sling dirt’ at him. I just would like for him him to bit more careful leading up to the votes... try to be a bit more ‘disciplined’, if you like . Just watch, tomorrow the usual suspects will use this to smear him.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, viRdjil said:

I wasn’t trying to ‘sling dirt’ at him. I just would like for him him to bit more careful leading up to the votes... try to be a bit more ‘disciplined’ about it if you like . Just watch, tomorrow the usual suspects will use this to smear him.

Why, because you read something in a report that isn't there? You are every bit as daft of those slinging the mud by using their foolish logic to come up with that being anywhere near AS. Fuck me, do you want him to ignore important issues in case it upsets the Jewish community, I'm sure most Jews wouldn't think what he said is AS. Those who like slinging the mud will carry on regardless, they just use the AS as a go to excuse like a kid saying the dog has chewed his homework. 

13 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Why, because you read something in a report that isn't there? You are every bit as daft of those slinging the mud by using their foolish logic to come up with that being anywhere near AS. Fuck me, do you want him to ignore important issues in case it upsets the Jewish community, I'm sure most Jews wouldn't think what he said is AS. Those who like slinging the mud will carry on regardless, they just use the AS as a go to excuse like a kid saying the dog has chewed his homework. 

As we’ve seen from @Strontium Dog™’s post earlier, criticising someone like Phillip Green could be (mis)interpreted as anti-semitic in the current political climate. Do you know think it’s worth being clever about this just for now at least? We have an election coming up!

Guest Pistonbroke
10 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

As we’ve seen from @Strontium Dog™’s post earlier, criticising someone like Phillip Green could be (mis)interpreted as anti-semitic in the current political climate. Do you know think it’s worth being clever about this just for now at least? We have an election coming up!

Fuck me, SD is not the voice of the Jewish community. Those voters who have made up their mind that Corbyn is AS are not going to be bothered either, they've made up their petty little minds ages ago. You on the other hand just like posting stuff like this for arguments sake. I've said my piece though, so no point making a Mountain out of a Molehill. 

1 hour ago, viRdjil said:

I thought it was abundantly clear to even the merest mind that it was the singling out which I had a problem with, and that is not happening here.

Not that I have much time for the simplistic zero sum logic which thinks a few people having a lot of money means that loads of other people have to be poor, but there's nothing racist about Corbyn's tweet.

6 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I thought it was abundantly clear to even the merest mind that it was the singling out which I had a problem with, and that is not happening here.

Not that I have much time for the simplistic zero sum logic which thinks a few people having a lot of money means that loads of other people have to be poor, but there's nothing racist about Corbyn's tweet.

Are you seriously going to pretend that the "singling out" of Philip Green has anything at all to do with anything other than his conduct and the pedestal that your Tory Government put him on in 2010?

Give your daft little head a wobble. 

(Also, you're wrong about the role of the super-rich in exacerbating and perpetuating poverty - but that's a matter for another thread.)

13 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Phillip Green hasn't been singled out anyway. He might have been exclusively mentioned in one video. However, they've gone after Branson too. There's a recent parody video on all the forms of social media. 

They proper lay into his pickle. 

I posted the Branson one on here that Corbyn had put on twitter. 

Am I allowed to call Phillip Green a fat sleazy greedy cunt? 

Some unpleasant stuff in that JLM submission document. And some stuff that needs rectifying as promptly as possible. 

Sad to see them repeating lies about Jackie Walker and Louise Ellman being bullied out of the party though. And the section on Corbyn enabling antisemitism is hilariously reaching. There's also a fair bit of he said this evidence that seems as strong as a "they didn't say it at all" rebuttal. Also trigger ballots against Jewish members, irrespective of the reasons for that process being invoked, seem to be being described as evidence of antisemitism. That's dangerous. It sends out a message that Jewish MPs are beyond reproach, as any challenge against them, no matter what the reason, will be classed as antisemitic. The Luciana Berger police protection lie/confusion seems to be relied on too. 

• Upvote 1