You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

17 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Notorious tax dodging, BHS collapsing, maybe an Everton fan Philip Green?

What's wrong with that?

I reckon if my party was under investigation for institutional racism, I probably wouldn't use a member of the minority we're accused of discriminating against as the example target of our viciously populist message. But maybe that's just me. 

Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

I reckon if my party was under investigation for institutional racism, I probably wouldn't use a member of the minority we're accused of discriminating against as the example target of our viciously populist message. But maybe that's just me. 

Yeah, I think your view is more anti-Semitic than Labour's ad really.  But I'd imagine a few people share that viewpoint.   

4 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Yeah, I think your view is more anti-Semitic than Labour's ad really.  But I'd imagine a few people share that viewpoint.   

I kind of get where SD’s coming from. If it was up to me I’d also strongly advise all Labour members against making any negative comments on Jewish people until after the election at least. Lose this battle to win the war.

4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

So the Labour party can't ( correctly ) criticise people who dodge tax and leave black holes in peoples pensions if they are Jewish. That seems fair.

That’s pretty much it. Do not fine do not criticise do not question. Or you are an anti-Semite. 

Convenient of SD to ignore the Lib Dem email fraud. 

12 minutes ago, sir roger said:

So the Labour party can't ( correctly ) criticise people who dodge tax and leave black holes in peoples pensions if they are Jewish. That seems fair.

You can criticise whoever you want. It's pretty clear that it's the singling out which is problematic here. Not for the first time either.

• Downvote 3

27 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Fuck off Stronts, you're talking absolute arse biscuits as usual! Green is a tax dodging cunt, end of!

His religion (or lack of it for that matter) is fuck all to do with that fact ((c) Rafa)!

Don’t you think it’s wise for Labour to avoid being critical of Jews for the next 10 days? Gives the right less to weaponise IMO.

1 hour ago, viRdjil said:

Don’t you think it’s wise for Labour to avoid being critical of Jews for the next 10 days? Gives the right less to weaponise IMO.

Erm, no. Labour should criticise people who are worthy of criticism, their ethnoreligious heritage shouldn't come into it. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Erm, no. Labour should criticise people who are worthy of criticism, their ethnoreligious heritage shouldn't come into it. 

Not forever, only until the election, which is just 9 days away. After that then I agree with you, everyone should be fair game.

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

From the Independent.

Police have confirmed that a report was made and told the Independent they are attempting to contact the victim for a full account.

Was the report via a 999 call or by some other means ? Still seems odd to me that he was so badly beaten yet no ambulance was called. No photos of his injuries and he left the country without even making a statement to the police. 

Shorim Security aren't exactly an average run of the mill security firm either.

4 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Was the report via a 999 call or by some other means ? Still seems odd to me that he was so badly beaten yet no ambulance was called. No photos of his injuries and he left the country without even making a statement to the police. 

Shorim Security aren't exactly an average run of the mill security firm either.

Any reason you’re doubting him?