You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Obviously this will be instantly dismissed as "Skwawkbox" but it actually quotes an IPSO report about the Jewish Chronicle. 

It looks like they've cobbled together a shoddy, untrue piece about the bullying of Louise Ellman in the Riverside CLP meetings. 

I think we should take any future allegations from the "Jewish S*n" with a rather large pinch of salt. 

https://skwawkbox.org/2019/11/29/ipso-hammers-jewish-chronicle-for-attacks-on-labour-supporter-and-its-conduct-during-investigation/

https://www.ipso.co.uk/rulings-and-resolution-statements/ruling/

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, redinblack62 said:

Why is Corbyn any less credible than Boris? 

Because not everyone has been waiting for a far-left knight to ride in and save them. Middle of the the road labour were very successful and most people were happy. You could tell that by all the voting. People don’t trust Corbyn, don’t believe that someone who’s been a fringe and often divisive MP is the man to lead them to the promised land.  He’s made a career out of bashing the West for years.  People don’t like that. He is viewed as a terrorist sympathiser, you can argue but he is.  Prince Andrew is a nonce because he had nonce mates and wouldn’t stop knocking about with them.  Who are JCs mates? 

37 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Because not everyone has been waiting for a far-left knight to ride in and save them. Middle of the the road labour were very successful and most people were happy. You could tell that by all the voting. People don’t trust Corbyn, don’t believe that someone who’s been a fringe and often divisive MP is the man to lead them to the promised land.  He’s made a career out of bashing the West for years.  People don’t like that. He is viewed as a terrorist sympathiser, you can argue but he is.  Prince Andrew is a nonce because he had nonce mates and wouldn’t stop knocking about with them.  Who are JCs mates? 

You argued your point well up until

"He is viewed as a terrorist sympathiser, you can argue but he is. "

then your Daily Heil tendencies came out.

57 minutes ago, redinblack62 said:

You argued your point well up until

"He is viewed as a terrorist sympathiser, you can argue but he is. "

then your Daily Heil tendencies came out.

That’s the way he’s viewed by a lot of people. The fact you don’t think he is doesn’t matter. 

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Then give them a credible alternative. Keir Starmer would walk this.  Where is he, locked up with JRM? 

So if Starmer put taxes up and supported nationalisation you would vote for Labour with Starmer as leader? Did you vote for Labour under Ed Miliband? 

Maybe all the leave voters would say let's forget Brexit because Keir Starmer. 

He is viewed that way. Usually by misinformed (brainwashed), uneducated or those who simply chose not to try see another point of view.

He has always sided with the underdog (hence his support for Palestine). I'm sure if you asked him he'd say he supports the Catalan struggle for independence. I've seen no evidence for this other than that's the man he is. The old way of trying to get what you wanted was via the IRA/ETA/Hamas methods until they realised dialogue is best. Corbyn has always encouraged dialogue. Can't understand anyone arguing against that.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Denny Crane said:

So if Starmer put taxes up and supported nationalisation you would vote for Labour with Starmer as leader? Did you vote for Labour under Ed Miliband? 

Maybe all the leave voters would say let's forget Brexit because Keir Starmer. 

I think Starmer would temper the policies that don’t sit well with the majority, he’s got less baggage, is a better speaker and much more likely to be elected. 

I voted for the party that would benefit me and my family the most. I know that’s bad and makes me worse than a nonce but, frankly, it worked.  

Labour should walk this.  But he won’t.  For one reason.  

20 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

He is viewed that way. Usually by misinformed (brainwashed), uneducated or those who simply chose not to try see another point of view.

He has always sided with the underdog (hence his support for Palestine). I'm sure if you asked him he'd say he supports the Catalan struggle for independence. I've seen no evidence for this other than that's the man he is. The old way of trying to get what you wanted was via the IRA/ETA/Hamas methods until they realised dialogue is best. Corbyn has always encouraged dialogue. Can't understand anyone arguing against that.

But a vast majority of people aren’t involved or engaged. Show them multiple pictures and videos of him calling terrorists ‘friends’ and it’s not hard to say he’s sympathetic. Because he is.  
His first instinct is to be anti-west and he’s provided examples of that.  So for people like lots on here he’s just what they want.  But for most ‘normal’ voters he’s easily discredited. That’s a fact. 

3 hours ago, viRdjil said:

Barry Gardiner is a real impressive fella isn’t he? I almost feel sorry for Nick Ferrari here.

I like gardener and always rated him when he's interviewed, but a few people on here when I mentioned that before seemed to think he was shite. He seems to have taken more of a back seat over the last 12 months, for a period he seemed to get a lot of the difficult interviews for labour, but long-bailey seems to be getting those slots, certainly since labour were trying to negotiate a Brexit compromise with May's government. 

12 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I think Starmer would temper the policies that don’t sit well with the majority, he’s got less baggage, is a better speaker and much more likely to be elected. 

I voted for the party that would benefit me and my family the most. I know that’s bad and makes me worse than a nonce but, frankly, it worked.  

Labour should walk this.  But he won’t.  For one reason.  

Quite a contradiction going on in this post. You even admit it is more than one reason in the post. I don't know if you and A Red are typical Tory voters and there aren't many Tory voters or those who like their policies and what they stand for on here. However neither of you would vote Labour unless it helps your finances. I mean you even point out that Starmer would have to change policies. So if you and A Red are typical of many Tory voters - unless Labour become more Tory in their economic offer you and others wouldn't consider voting for them. So it is more than Corbyn right? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Denny Crane said:

Quite a contradiction going on in this post. You even admit it is more than one reason in the post. I don't know if you and A Red are typical Tory voters and there aren't many Tory voters or those who like their policies and what they stand for on here. However neither of you would vote Labour unless it helps your finances. I mean you even point out that Starmer would have to change policies. So if you and A Red are typical of many Tory voters - unless Labour become more Tory in their economic offer you and others wouldn't consider voting for them. So it is more than Corbyn right? 

I don’t think so.  

Without Corbyn I’m pretty sure Labour would be all out remain and I’d vote for them.  Because Brexit is a shit storm.  Corbyn wants Brexit, that’s the opinion of lots of voters.  I think they are right.  So, if it suits me I’d vote labour.  Just like now With the Tories  it doesn’t mean i agree with all their policies, just that on balance the likelihood is id benefit. That’s why I’m voting Lib Dem now. 

3 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I don’t think so.  

Without Corbyn I’m pretty sure Labour would be all out remain and I’d vote for them.  Because Brexit is a shit storm.  Corbyn wants Brexit, that’s the opinion of lots of voters.  I think they are right.  So, if it suits me I’d vote labour.  Just like now With the Tories  it doesn’t mean i agree with all their policies, just that on balance the likelihood is id benefit. That’s why I’m voting Lib Dem now. 

What does voting LibDem achieve in your seat? Because nobody votes LibDem to get them into government, because they can't form a government, they can maybe just bail someone else out. However if they win your seat, it might keep someone out. So in a Tory seat, if you can replace that MP with a liberal, it might be like a vote for labour. And the opposite is true if you're keeping out a labour candidate. 

4 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

What does voting LibDem achieve in your seat? Because nobody votes LibDem to get them into government, because they can't form a government, they can maybe just bail someone else out. However if they win your seat, it might keep someone out. So in a Tory seat, if you can replace that MP with a liberal, it might be like a vote for labour. And the opposite is true if you're keeping out a labour candidate. 

I’m in Hazel Grove, Tory marginal and previously a Lib Dem seat. Hence voting Lib Dem. Wragg is in trouble, had 2 cabinet minister visits in the last few weeks and there’s a distinct lack of ‘Vote Wragg’ posters here. LDs are favourites and despite the candidate being thick as mince I’ll vote for her.  

4 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I’m in Hazel Grove, Tory marginal and previously a Lib Dem seat. Hence voting Lib Dem. Wragg is in trouble, had 2 cabinet minister visits in the last few weeks and there’s a distinct lack of ‘Vote Wragg’ posters here. LDs are favourites and despite the candidate being thick as mince I’ll vote for her.  

So as you don't want a labour government, does it not bother you a vote for the LibDems in a seat like yours makes it more likely? 

26 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I don’t think so.  

Well you did strongly imply you wouldn't vote for a party who would charge you more tax. You didn't vote Labour in 2015, I took from you not answering the direct question when Corbyn wasn't leader. You voted for the Conservatives in 2017 when they were promising No Deal is better than a Bad Deal. There is more evidence you want Brexit than Corbyn by your recent voting record. If Lib Dems have dropped revoke by their narrative they now have a harder Brexit policy than Labour. As they are supporting Johnson's deal v remain. Labour want to negotiate a softer Brexit v remain and let the people decide. 

Oh what is all out remain anyway, what exactly is it? 

9 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

So as you don't want a labour government, does it not bother you a vote for the LibDems in a seat like yours makes it more likely? 

I don't think there's going to be a Labour government, whatever happens in Hazel Grove.

1 hour ago, Denny Crane said:

Well you did strongly imply you wouldn't vote for a party who would charge you more tax. You didn't vote Labour in 2015, I took from you not answering the direct question when Corbyn wasn't leader. You voted for the Conservatives in 2017 when they were promising No Deal is better than a Bad Deal. There is more evidence you want Brexit than Corbyn by your recent voting record. If Lib Dems have dropped revoke by their narrative they now have a harder Brexit policy than Labour. As they are supporting Johnson's deal v remain. Labour want to negotiate a softer Brexit v remain and let the people decide. 

Oh what is all out remain anyway, what exactly is it? 

Sorry, I didn’t vote labour as I’d have lost my job under their policies. Selfish. 

What is remain? Everything before the last 3 years. 

On 28/11/2019 at 15:30, Rico1304 said:

Evidence for the last para? He’s been a back bench MP for 30 odd years. 

I assume they mean he is the only leader of a major party in Europe likely to have the guts to resist the Israel lobby ( and the funds their military finance brings ) and stand up in a meaningful way for Palestinian rights. They might consider that statesmanlike whatever his back story.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Sorry, I didn’t vote labour as I’d have lost my job under their policies. Selfish

What is remain? Everything before the last 3 years. 

You do like playing the victim card don't you it's boring. 

So remain for you is everything before the last 3 years, thanks for clearing that up. This is what you mean another Labour leader should have adopted by being all out remain to win voters over and what you have projected onto Starmer. If there is another referendum let's hope that is not the message. 

1 hour ago, Denny Crane said:

You do like playing the victim card don't you it's boring. 

So remain for you is everything before the last 3 years, thanks for clearing that up. This is what you mean another Labour leader should have adopted by being all out remain to win voters over and what you have projected onto Starmer. If there is another referendum let's hope that is not the message. 

Playing the victim? What are you on about? I’m explaining why I did it.