You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

17 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Description

statesman or stateswoman is usually a politician, diplomat or other notable public figure who has had a long and respected career at the national or international level.

The kind of person who might, for example, be well respected by senior politicians in the EU, the US  and Latin America? The kind of person who might win international peace prizes? The kind of person who might be invited to speak at conferences around the world?

That kind of person?

17 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

The kind of person who might, for example, be well respected by senior politicians in the EU, the US  and Latin America? The kind of person who might win international peace prizes? The kind of person who might be invited to speak at conferences around the world?

That kind of person?

Oh come on, he’s got a few dodgy mates and if you are mentioning that Gandhi award then I may piss myself. 

as Jim might say ‘statesman my arse’

17 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Description

statesman or stateswoman is usually a politician, diplomat or other notable public figure who has had a long and respected career at the national or international level.

I mean, how does that not describe the Corbs? He’s a politician that has had a long and respected (by some) career at the national level. Pretty much to a tee.

However, can you be a statesman with a beard? 

3 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

I mean, how does that not describe the Corbs? He’s a politician that has had a long and respected (by some) career at the national level. Pretty much to a tee.

Can you be a statesman without one?!

• Upvote 1

I’d rather not get bogged down on something as mind-numbing dull if that’s ok lads. I don’t really care that much if some randos think Corbyn is not a stateman. I’m sure he wouldn’t either. We’re better than that. Let’s focus on the meatier stuff.

38 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

I get you like him, that’s fine.  But until now he’s never had a senior position, sponsored any significant legislation, represented a labour government internationally.  Sure, he’s had pet projects and visited them but he’s a back bencher.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

I’d rather not get bogged down on something as mind-numbing dull if that’s ok lads. I don’t really care that much if some randos think Corbyn is not a stateman. I’m sure he wouldn’t either. We’re better than that. Let’s focus on the meatier stuff.

Absolutely. What has Rachel Riley been up to lately?

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I get you like him, that’s fine.  But until now he’s never had a senior position, sponsored any significant legislation, represented a labour government internationally.  Sure, he’s had pet projects and visited them but he’s a back bencher.  

How did you read that I like him from my post?

I criticised his beard for Christ’s sake!

3 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

If we compare and contrast, say with Boris, there you have someone who has indeed held senior positions, sponsored significant legislation, and represented a Tory government internationally.

And fucked each and every assignment up.

But I guess you like him, because hes a "character"

2 minutes ago, redinblack62 said:

If we compare and contrast, say with Boris, there you have someone who has indeed held senior positions, sponsored significant legislation, and represented a Tory government internationally.

And fucked each and every assignment up.

But I guess you like him, because hes a "character"

No, he’s a complete fucking buffoon.  He’s a disgrace to the role and I’d imagine 99.9% of the country are embarrassed by him.  And still Corbyn is behind.  

(I’m sure a search of ‘Johnson’ will show I’ve never liked the cunt) 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

No, he’s a complete fucking buffoon.  He’s a disgrace to the role and I’d imagine 99.9% of the country are embarrassed by him.  And still Corbyn is behind.  

(I’m sure a search of ‘Johnson’ will show I’ve never liked the cunt) 

But the people embarrassed by The Cunt will still vote for him.