You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

4 hours ago, Anubis said:

I’d never heard of Henry Zeffman before you posted that. And given he’s writing in The Times, I doubt many more, who aren’t already against Corbyn, will.

Meanwhile...

Well, I couldn’t have got that more wrong, given the number of journalists jumping on this. What an extremely dangerous precedent we are seeing set here. And the danger isn’t from Corbyn or Labour supporters. 

So we believe all the people saying there’s racism in the Tory party, but we don’t believe those saying the same about the Labour Party? It’s either tribalism, or something else.  

(of course there is, people are a bit racist and just because you like labour it doesn’t make you immune). 

8 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

So Peston is full of shit as well, who'd have thunk it?

I'm more convinced than ever that atheism is one of the keys to saving this planet!

It is the key.

Back to this election again how has the Labour party allowed every single day to be kicked off with the Brexit anti-Semitism narrative ?it is not as if there isn't enough material out there with Boris's past to actually have to make it up go on the attack ffs. Actually bounced out of house this morning after watching BBC coffee hut in Wales interviewing voters and not one mention of Brexit all about environment and NHS . Then this groundhog Day shit again.

39 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

The Rabbi can have whatever view he wants, but the way that the BBC website has had it on the top of its homepage ever since it was released is... cunty. 

That's the point. There's no doubt there's a very small antisemitic element in the Labour party as there is in the Tory party. I'd argue the latter prevalence seems to be more mainstream. However the way the media is reporting this is not unsurprisingly unbalanced. Racist PM, fine, Tory holocaust denier candidate, fine.

Given the Rabbi's pro Israel and pro Tory stance he's hardly being objective here which barely seems to get a mention.

Criticism of the Israeli governments actions is entirely legitimate given that a large minority of Israeli citizens don't support their behaviour.

• Upvote 1

• Sunday 9 November 2014 01:00

Labour funding crisis: Jewish donors drop 'toxic' Ed Miliband

The leader's 'principled' stance on Palestine deters backers, forcing party 'to go to unions with begging

Not putting the whole article up but this is near the end...

Last week, the actress Maureen Lipman (below) announced that she was ending five decades of support for the Labour Party over its new foreign policy.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-funding-crisis-jewish-donors-drop-toxic-ed-miliband-9849299.html

Listening to the radio this morning they had some Jewish bloke on who claimed Corbyn was AS due to his endorsement of that dodgy mural of 2 obviously Jewish guys trampling over the backs of the poor and the fact that he has steadfastly ignored the Jewish Council an done nothing to improve the situation with them.

That mural was very dodgy... it was immediately apparent to me that it was AS... it was directly out of some Goebbels propaganda poster circa 1942.. I fail to see how Corbyn didn't immediately recognise it as such

Re the Jewish Council he met them April last year and promised to organise another meeting a little later... they never heard back from him. This smacks of lousy leadership to me. The mural I can't explain... I really don't think he's AS but is he really that naive and/or stupid? I don't know

Either way it's all very poor, indeed

It goes without saying that the Rabbi is deffo a bad Tory and the Tories are almost certainly worse than Lab re Islamophobia and all round racism but it's still absolutely shit