You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

11 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

That being said it appears clear that Labour have a lot of work to do. I think a lot of people who have recently been polled and said they’d vote Lib Dem will realise when it comes to the crunch if you want the Tories out and a chance at remaining in the EU, Labour is the sensible choice.

I think you underestimate how disliked Corbyn is. This election is deffo not an anyone but the Tories one for anyone who votes in the middle ground. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I think you underestimate how disliked Corbyn is. This election is deffo not an anyone but the Tories one for anyone who votes in the middle ground. 

This study done by the LSE is quite eye-opening though not at all surprising.

http://eprints.lse.ac.uk/67211/1/CAmmaerts_Journalistic representations of Jeremy Corbyn_Author_2016.pdf

TL:DR version: 

“an overall picture of most newspapers systematically vilifying the leader of the biggest opposition party, assassinating his character, ridiculing his personality and delegitimising his ideas and politics”

1 minute ago, viRdjil said:

This study done by the LSE is quite eye-opening though not at all surprising.

http://eprints.lse.ac.uk/67211/1/CAmmaerts_Journalistic representations of Jeremy Corbyn_Author_2016.pdf

TL:DR version: 

“an overall picture of most newspapers systematically vilifying the leader of the biggest opposition party, assassinating his character, ridiculing his personality and delegitimising his ideas and politics”

It is what it is though. People don't like him, it doesn't need to be fair, it just needs to be a reality. For any of those people currently thinking they're going to vote LibDem, he just is not a credible option.

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

It is what it is though. People don't like him, it doesn't need to be fair, it just needs to be a reality. For any of those people currently thinking they're going to vote LibDem, he just is not a credible option.

Yeah you raised a good point in the need of being pragmatic. I do feel sorry the British people being robbed of a true social democratic leader by your leeching billionaires. Especially the working class people who would suffer the most from the Tory party (with Lib Dems?) being in government.

5 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Yeah you raised a good point in the need of being pragmatic. I do feel sorry the British people being robbed of a true social democratic leader by your leeching billionaires. 

It's been true of politics for years. We've been completely strangled for domestic legislation for 3 years because of brexit which was on the back of 40 years of press lies about the EU and a referendum where there were more lies told about the key objectives than there were truths. 

5 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

It's been true of politics for years. We've been completely strangled for domestic legislation for 3 years because of brexit which was on the back of 40 years of press lies about the EU and a referendum where there were more lies told about the key objectives than there were truths. 

I’ve said this before but I do wish in a way Corbyn was nastier... almost more Trumpian in his approach, especially towards the media. What that whole debacle and Brexit taught us is you won’t win being nice and playing by the rules dictated by the media. He’s too decent a man for his own good IMO.

12 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I mean, singing ‘Hey Jews’ instead of ‘Hey Jude’ no one would be daft enough to do that right? Especially not a Labour politician during a time of particular sensitivity.  

In a world where politicians openly endorse rape and blame rape victims you never know.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

It wouldn't be the case if it wasn't for the twisted lies and smears about him and the way most of the media portray him. Anyone who listens to him properly knows what a thoroughly decent and honest human being he is. Instead half the people think he is some sort of anti-semitic terrorist loving hippie who wants to infiltrate the government and bring the country to its knees from within. Thick cunts band to the fact that the country is on its knees because of the so called patriotic mob who are only arsed about lining their own silk pockets whilst the rest of us shoulder the burden and will be spending the winter cold and hungry. 

"Im freezing and had noodles from a food-bank for my tea but yeah Rule Brittania get rid of these darkies No-Surrender!" 

Thick cunts deserve what will happen if they vote Boris Johnson in. 

10 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

It’s funny you say that, the Labour candidate for Rotherham has been accused of something similar.  The world has gone mad.  

Yeah labour politicians aren’t immune to it. I’ve heard something similar with regards to Margaret Hodge (allegedly) for example. That could explain the animosity between herself and Corbyn.

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

It wouldn't be the case if it wasn't for the twisted lies and smears about him and the way most of the media portray him. Anyone who listens to him properly knows what a thoroughly decent and honest human being he is. Instead half the people think he is some sort of anti-semitic terrorist loving hippie who wants to infiltrate the government and bring the country to its knees from within. Thick cunts band to the fact that the country is on its knees because of the so called patriotic mob who are only arsed about lining their own silk pockets whilst the rest of us shoulder the burden and will be spending the winter cold and hungry. 

"Im freezing and had noodles from a food-bank for my tea but yeah Rule Brittania get rid of these darkies No-Surrender!" 

Thick cunts deserve what will happen if they vote Boris Johnson in. 

Mate, people still piss and moan about him talking to the IRA before the peace process started, they piss and moan about his opposition to using nuclear weapons, they can't see the decent man for all the bullshit. I hear old women say 'I don't like the look of him', he's screwed for being decent and not dressing like a banker!

I've said before that I may not have walked away from Labour if there were more people like him in the party, and it's true but it's not what people in this cuntry want!

This cuntry gets the government it deserves!

11 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Mate, people still piss and moan about him talking to the IRA before the peace process started, they piss and moan about his opposition to using nuclear weapons, they can't see the decent man for all the bullshit. I hear old women say 'I don't like the look of him', he's screwed for being decent and not dressing like a banker!

I've said before that I may not have walked away from Labour if there were more people like him in the party, and it's true but it's not what people in this cuntry want!

This cuntry gets the government it deserves!

They dismiss that the Queen wore Green to meet McGuinness...

_61197402_queen.jpg

She may as well have ballied up. 

12 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

_61197402_queen.jpg

My heart broke when Tory and Lib Dems MPs booed Corbyn for honouring the Grenfell victims, that was a real low point in humanity.

6 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

My heart broke when Tory and Lib Dems MPs booed Corbyn for honouring the Grenfell victims, that was a real low point in humanity.

They even heckled when he told them why he was wearing a green tie the vile cunts. Wasn't sure I heard it from Lib-Dems but certainly the Tory benches were all "eeeuurrrgrhhhh aaarrrggghhh hahahahaaarrgggg raaarrrr" the fucking ghouls. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

_61197402_queen.jpg

I dont think there was ever a problem with the Queen wearing green to meet NI ministers, seems like a decent thing to do.

Decent wage for call-centre staff that. Above minimum wage as well. Go on Jezza lad. 

Funnily enough I have just tried to go onto the Lib-Dem job page assuming of course that they pay more than Labour. Guess what.... Its down for maintenance. 

https://www.libdems.org.uk/work_for_us