You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

All I can do is provide links to Twitter accounts with screenshots of the things these individuals have written or shared. If people don't think spreading Rothschild conspiracy theories, or claiming that the House of Saud are Zionist puppets, or claiming that the Holocaust has been exaggerated, etc etc are antisemitic in the first instance, then they're not going to be convinced by the evidence provided.

19 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

- Michael Morgan (JVL member)

- Apsana Begum (Labour candidate in Poplar & Limehouse)

- Matthew Collings (Labour candidate in SW Norfolk, now suspended)

- Gerry Beckett (Labour member in Liverpool Riverside)

You asked for 3, ok, I cheated by giving you 4, I could find more, but I have other things to do with my life than to do your research for you.

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

All I can do is provide links to Twitter accounts with screenshots of the things these individuals have written or shared. If people don't think spreading Rothschild conspiracy theories, or claiming that the House of Saud are Zionist puppets, or claiming that the Holocaust has been exaggerated, etc etc are antisemitic in the first instance, then they're not going to be convinced by the evidence provided.

Michael Morgan - Anti-Zionist. Or more clearly, anti-Israeli slaughter of Palestinians. He is anti-semitic for opposing the slaughter of innocent Palestinians. I didn't see any holocaust denial in there. He does (and I disagree massively with him) say that holocaust facts are exaggerated. Its his opinion, he is not a denier as far as anything there shows? Is that anti-semitic? Or is he anti-Israels war machine. Like most decent human beings are? Source - The JVL Twitter Account (Jewish Voice Watch) 

Aspana Begum - Believes that Zionists control governments financially for them to support the murder of Palestinians. Thats not anti-semitic. Source - Gnasher Jew on Twitter 

Matthew Collings - Suspended for behaviour on social media. Can you point to the part where it states he was anti-semitic? Or any mention of anti-semitism? Source - Eastern Daily Press

Gerry Beckett - Again, not anti-semitic. Absolutely against the murdering of Palestinians and fake anti-semitic smears. Source - Twitter account of 12 Scouts (We Fight Anti-Semites) - A quick scan through their account shows more false allegations and smears than Gnasher and Rachel Riley which is really saying something. 

So yet again you are full of shit. Its another example of using Anti-Semitism as a natural response to hearing something that doesn't suit you. I genuinely think using Anti-Semitism as a got to reaction for disagreeing with someone is anti-Semitic in itself and destroys the work genuine people are doing to eradicate anti-semitism. 

Right, well, if you can't agree that statements like "Jews do not pray to Jesus, they killed him" and "their Holocaust industry depends on a gross exaggeration of the facts" and "Zionists are animals to be exterminated" are unambiguously antisemitic, then further dialogue on this topic seems futile. All I can suggest is that you educate yourself about what antisemitism is.

6 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Right, well, if you can't agree that statements like "Jews do not pray to Jesus, they killed him" and "their Holocaust industry depends on a gross exaggeration of the facts" and "Zionists are animals to be exterminated" are unambiguously antisemitic, then further dialogue on this topic seems futile. All I can suggest is that you educate yourself about what antisemitism is.

Out of the four, I winced at Michael Morgans if I'm honest. You can have that one. Jewish deicide was and is an abhorrent way to create hate towards Jews. I apologise as a human being on behalf of people who spout stuff like that. 

How about the other 3? Saying the conversation is futile seems very convenient SD. And typical.

I hated Mugabe and his murderous regime. That doesn't make me racist. 

I hate what Myra Hindley did to them poor children. That doesn't make me sexist. 

I hate the Israel war machine for murdering innocent people and having a hold over countries and media outlets who don't report or condemn Israel for it. I also hate people who throw "Thats anti-semitic" around like confetti. That doesn't make me anti-semitic. 

All 3 make me a human being who cares about others and the also, the truth.  

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Out of the four, I winced at Michael Morgans if I'm honest. You can have that one. Jewish deicide was and is an abhorrent way to create hate towards Jews. I apologise as a human being on behalf of people who spout stuff like that. 

How about the other 3? Saying the conversation is futile seems very convenient SD. And typical.

Okay, well I'm really mostly just repeating stuff in the links I already posted, but if you insist.

Apsana Begum claimed the House of Saud was controlled by "Zionist masters". She shared articles by antisemite and 9/11 truther Ken O'Keefe, and antisemite Ben White.

Matthew Collings has been suspended as a Labour parliamentary candidate for a variety of social media posts, such as insisting that the antisemitism issue in Labour has been fabricated and driven by Israeli money, as well as referring to former chief rabbi Jonathan Sacks as a "hate filled racist".

Gerry Beckett spreads Rothschilds conspiracy theories on Twitter.

There are plenty of antisemites within labour. They need to be fucked off. I’m pretty sure the conversation was originally about whether Jeremy Corbyn personally hates jews. Which is a hatstand accusation and is so utterly ridiculous that anybody who claims as such can be completely discounted from any sensible debate. 

When is the investigation into racism allegations from other parties? Or is racism only noteworthy when it happens within Labour? Truly an insane set of circumstances 

• Upvote 2

I think the links posted have either clearly strayed into unacceptable antisemitic conduct or are right on the edge of doing so. Some people overstep the mark and get overly passionate in speaking out against apartheid, war crimes, child slaughter particularly when it appears to be carried out with impunity. 

However, can we clarify who decides whether or not a person (i.e. Ben White) that somebody has retweeted is "antisemitic"? 

I'm not making a categorical claim here and I welcome all information that provides clarity, but I have heard of Ben White before and, while not being overly knowledgeable of him, I have it in my head that he is a vocal critic of Israel and that he hasn't officially been found culpable of antisemitism, but rather accused of such a charge by similarly vocal online zionists? 

We're straying into very dangerous territory if we can strongly imply that somebody is antisemitic because they've retweeted or shared content from somebody else who is "antisemitic" when we don't actually scrutinise whether or not the author of the original, shared content is actually antisemitic, or the motivations and credibility of the person who made that initial allegation against them. 

Quality passive/aggressive anti semitism here:

A high school principal in Florida has been fired after telling a student’s parent “not everyone believes the Holocaust happened”.

The Palm Beach county school board voted 5-2 to fire William Latson on the grounds of “ethical misconduct” and “failure to carry out job responsibilities”.

Latson, former principal of Spanish River high school in Boca Raton, was fired because he could not be contacted when “all hell broke loose” after his statement went public, sparking national outrage. Latson was on a previously scheduled vacation in Jamaica when the media learned of his comments in July, reported the South Florida Sun Sentinel.

The controversy stemmed from an email exchange with a parent in 2018. A parent sent Latson an email asking how students are taught about the Holocaust, and asking if Holocaust education will be made a priority.

“Not everyone believes the Holocaust happened,” Latson wrote, according to email records obtained by the Palm Beach Post. “And you have your thoughts, but we are a public school and not all of our parents have the same beliefs.”

He wrote: “I can’t say the Holocaust is a factual, historical event because I am not in a position to do so as a district employee.”

18 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I think the links posted have either clearly strayed into unacceptable antisemitic conduct or are right on the edge of doing so. Some people overstep the mark and get overly passionate in speaking out against apartheid, war crimes, child slaughter particularly when it appears to be carried out with impunity. 

However, can we clarify who decides whether or not a person (i.e. Ben White) that somebody has retweeted is "antisemitic"? 

I'm not making a categorical claim here and I welcome all information that provides clarity, but I have heard of Ben White before and, while not being overly knowledgeable of him, I have it in my head that he is a vocal critic of Israel and that he hasn't officially been found culpable of antisemitism, but rather accused of such a charge by similarly vocal online zionists? 

We're straying into very dangerous territory if we can strongly imply that somebody is antisemitic because they've retweeted or shared content from somebody else who is "antisemitic" when we don't actually scrutinise whether or not the author of the original, shared content is actually antisemitic, or the motivations and credibility of the person who made that initial allegation against them. 

Just imagine if you’d be so charitable about white supremacy? I don’t think so. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, viRdjil said:

If you listen to the right, Jeremy Corbyn is:

1. A rabid anti-semite

2. An enemy of the hindus

3. An enemy of the muslims

4. A Russian spy

5. An ISIS supporter

6. IRA

7. The Warrington bombing mastermind

The make him out to be the worst super-villain, it’s very funny.

Boomski... another belter. “A bigger threat than Adolf Hitler”.

4 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Boomski... another belter. “A bigger threat than Adolf Hitler”.

A quite spectacular loon, is Allison. Sadly, some think it would be a good political strategy to have Labour appeal to people like her by putting Jess fucking Philips or some other nonentity as leader. 

5 minutes ago, moof said:

A quite spectacular loon, is Allison. Sadly, some think it would be a good political strategy to have Labour appeal to people like her by putting Jess fucking Philips or some other nonentity as leader. 

Genuinely curious, if our centrist and right wing posters believe this particular story? @A Red @Rico1304 @Strontium Dog™ @Boss

Pearson was criticised for a tweet sent less than an hour after the first of the 22 March 2016 Belgian bombings in which she linked them with the case for leaving the European Union, a position she had supported in a column.[13][14][15]

Following the May 2017 Manchester Arena bombing at the end of a concert, Pearson called for the introduction of internment.[16]

In September 2019, Pearson falsely accused a man with a seriously ill child of wearing a microphone when confronting Boris Johnson, due to the man's allegiance for the Labour Party. Despite being presented with evidence that this was in fact, not the case, Pearson did not issue an apology and in fact doubled down.[17]

She seems nice, but at least it appears she is a true Tory.

Pearson was declared bankrupt on 9 November 2015, following a personal insolvency order made by the High Court of Justice in London on 9 November 2015. The bankruptcy petitioner was the Commissioners for HM Revenue and Customs, implying that the case involved unpaid taxes