You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

1 hour ago, SasaS said:

Ironically, his "i will not share this and will delete it" e-mail was leaked to join the other leaks he was complaining about.

And how typical that the phrase "blizzard of lies" (having first been stripped of context) was the only bit to make it into the headlines.

17 hours ago, viRdjil said:

A number of the usual accounts (Riley, Weetman, etc) on Twitter been drawing parallels between Corbyn and Hitler again lately. Really sad to see.

Well, I mean, the parallels are obvious, aren't they.

Hitler was a vegetarian.  And he had facial hair. And... sorry, that's all I've got. 

20 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Shouldn't be preaching to the cult. Waste of time. Should be getting interviewed by Andrew Neil instead. It's a fucking disgrace, the antisemitic cunt. Fucking terrorist.

You missed out the last bit.

Ahh, it's misogyny now- https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/12/kate-osamor-becomes-fifth-female-labour-mp-to-face-deselection

I love this line-

Osamor, who served in the shadow cabinet until resigning last year, is on the left of the party and a staunch supporter of Jeremy Corbyn. It is unclear why the action has been taken against her, though party sources said there had been some local discontent that she had secured the seat ahead of other candidates.

Followed later in the article by-

Osamor resigned from Corbyn’s shadow cabinet after suggestions she had misled the public over her son’s drug conviction. He was handed a community sentence after being caught with drugs worth £2,500 at Bestival in Dorset last year.

Must be because she's a woman though.

21 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Jess Philips considering going for Labour leader if JC gets fired.  

Source?

(My knee-jerk reaction was "fucking typical of that egocentric, amoral, careerist cunt"... but then I realised that's out of order without first checking if there's any truth in it.

Also - what's this "if JC gets fired" shitdribble?)

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Well if he doesn’t win the next election won’t he get fired?  

I think it would be much more likely  (as that story says) that he'd stand down.

Much as I'd love to join in any shit-flinging at Phillips, I don't think there's to complain about in this non-story. (When asked, she said "Might do. I don't know.") If she's still an MP after the next election and if Corbyn stands down, then she's perfectly entitled to stand for election.  (I wouldn't necessarily put any money on her, like.)

1 minute ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I think it would be much more likely  (as that story says) that he'd stand down.

Much as I'd love to join in any shit-flinging at Phillips, I don't think there's to complain about in this non-story. If she's still an MP after the next election and if Corbyn stands down, then she's perfectly entitled to stand for election.  (I wouldn't necessarily put any money on her, like.)

She’s pretty popular from what I can see.  Working class and a woman.  

12 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

I think Jess Phillips would give Liz Kendall’s 4% of the vote in the leadership race a run for the money.

She’s more interested in self-promotion than trying to get a Labour government. 

I think she'd unite the country. Almost everyone could find a reason to hate the cunt.

• Upvote 2