You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

4 minutes ago, mattyq said:

Sigh

This centrist thing is getting old very quickly

And it doesn't add any value to defeating the Tories and defeating Brexit

Defeating Brexit? Is that where we are now? Defeating “no-deal” Brexit yeah of course, I’m with you.... but this talk of defeating Brexit at all costs is undemocratic. 

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Defeating Brexit? Is that where we are now? Defeating “no-deal” Brexit yeah of course, I’m with you.... but this talk of defeating Brexit at all costs is undemocratic. 

That bit in bold, I didn't say it, you just did

Needless to say it's nonsense

Reports Corbyn knew nothing about this yesterday. Yet people still having a go at him for it. 

It appears leading members of Momentum also knew nothing about this.

Ironically, IMO, Momentum is one of the most top heavy undemocratic organisations I have come across, basically Lansman runs, controls and decides policy/agenda. 

Watson is a cock and needs removing, but the timing and framing is absolutely terrible and appears designed to cause Corbyn maximum damage.

33 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

That's just not accurate though. I don't know what rabbit hole you've gone down, but I beg you not to keep going otherwise you're going to bump into Hades and Dennis Tooth on your travels. You get both sides saying stupid shit. You know, like centre left politicians that don't agree with Corbyn are right wing mentalists, that old-fashioned left-wingers are a mix of Stalin and Hitler. It's just a bunch of internet and media nonsense. What's really happening is the left - all the way from the centre - are taking chunks out of themselves, either for being too left wing or being right wing. It's fucking lunacy. That's not to say the others aren't trying to kick themselves in the own arse, but the centre aren't my enemy. The right-wing economic policies that are eroding our social wellbeing are the enemy. I'm not going to forget it just because I dislike an Ummuna here or a fucking Watson there. The right wing - literally, I can assure you - sit around laughing about this shit. If we ever got our act together and actually started aiming our firepower in the right direction instead of in our own house, we'd be unstoppable. The right would be pushed out. Unfortunately the right are, ironically, much better at working together to get what they want - or much of it - than those who preach unity rather than practice it. 

Yeah we’re reading from a completely different book. A waste of time to discuss it further. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

What if you defeat it democratically? How is that undemocratic? Nobody ever explained how more democracy is less democratic. 

7 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Reports Corbyn knew nothing about this yesterday. Yet people still having a go at him for it. 

It appears leading members of Momentum also knew nothing about this.

Ironically, IMO, Momentum is one of the most top heavy undemocratic organisations I have come across, basically Lansman runs, controls and decides policy/agenda. 

Watson is a cock and needs removing, but the timing and framing is absolutely terrible and appears designed to cause Corbyn maximum damage.

I'd probably file this away with Lansmann's brief flirtation with challenging Jennie Formby for the General Secretary post: a (probably) well-intentioned but madly short-sighted brainfart, by Lansmann acting (more or less) alone. Like that earlier brainfart, the sooner this is forgotten, the better. 

BTW, I definitely meant that I've read every book ever written, I wasn't talking about the 'reading from different books' thing that I was directly responding to, meaning that I know the different perspectives, I'm really claiming I read ALL of the books. The Daily Mail headline writers will be on to that in a shot. 

2 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

BTW, I definitely meant that I've read every book ever written, I wasn't talking about the 'reading from different books' thing that I was directly responding to, meaning that I know the different perspectives, I'm really claiming I read ALL of the books. The Daily Mail headline writers will be on to that in a shot. 

Living your best life