You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

People won’t like hearing it but the leadership Corbyn and his team are providing, not just on brexit, which is admirable, but some of the policies put forward for the economy, housing, workers etc. are an excellent template for democratic parties worldwide to follow. He will make a fantastic prime minister 

• Upvote 4

Given how Boris Johnson is shooting himself in the foot in the public daily and Swinson has had the hypocrisy week from hell, Corbyn is currently smelling of roses. 

What will the Mail headline be over the next couple of days?

"CORBYNS FINGERPRINTS FOUND ON MISSILE FRAGMENTS FIRED FROM IRAN"

"CORBYN PAINTED THE 'YOU ARE NOW ENTERING FREE DERRY' GRAFFITI USING CONDOR PAINT" 

"CORBYN FOLLOWS 12 YEAR OLD ISRAELI KIDS ON INSTAGRAM SO HE CAN HELP HAMAS PINPOINT THEM FOR MISSILE ATTACKS"

"CORBYN KICKED MY DOG" 

Yup, aren't we due another round of Anti semitism bashing sometime soon? Or will it be that Corbyn did some evil pro Soviet work in the past?

My relatives were telling me Labour are going to stop all air travel the other day, something they must have got from faceaids or the Daily Heil. It's great the older population of this country are starting to live in a different media environment than the rest of us.

27 minutes ago, Moctezuma said:

Yup, aren't we due another round of Anti semitism bashing sometime soon? Or will it be that Corbyn did some evil pro Soviet work in the past?

My relatives were telling me Labour are going to stop all air travel the other day, something they must have got from faceaids or the Daily Heil. It's great the older population of this country are starting to live in a different media environment than the rest of us.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/18/antisemitism-labour-criticised-for-failing-to-consult-jewish-members

Labour has been criticised for failing to consult Jewish members over its new disciplinary procedures for expelling members, and allowing the revised rules to be debated at conference on the Jewish Sabbath.

The Jewish Labour Movement, which is affiliated to the party, accused Labour of more “institutional failings” after it failed to discuss with it Labour’s proposed changes to the process for dealing with serious misdemeanours including antisemitism and other racism.

On 18/09/2019 at 10:26, AngryofTuebrook said:

It's more about red lines than red rosettes. May's proposals (I don't think Johnson even has any yet) were based on a deal that ruled out any customs union and  barred any forrins who weren't rich - and to hell with people's rights and peace in Ireland. Labour's starting position is totally different.  And unlike Johnson, Corbyn, Thornberry and Starmer are respected in the EU and their proposals have been well received. There's nothing "fairy tale" about it. 

I thought the EU, Ireland included, accepted May's deal and still see it as acceptable?

3 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

The buck stops with Jeremy Corbyn despite him having never posted one single thing about Rachel Riley on Twitter. He probably doesn’t know who she is. 

You honestly believe he doesn’t know who she is? You don’t think he’s been thoroughly briefed and made aware of the situation? Or that he’s forgotten? 

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

You honestly believe he doesn’t know who she is? You don’t think he’s been thoroughly briefed and made aware of the situation? Or that he’s forgotten? 

Oh, he knows full well who she is. Those wanks watching Channel 4 must brighten up many a dull weekday afternoon in the House. I bet he bellows out racial slurs as he cums too.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

He probably doesn’t. She’s of very little significance to him.... and let’s be honest he’s not exactly short of haters/smearers is he? I mean Laura Kuensberg was actually found guilty of smearing him FFS and she was paid to be seen as balanced.

5 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

He probably doesn’t. She’s of very little significance to him.... and let’s be honest he’s not exactly short of haters/smearers is he? I mean Laura Kuensberg was actually found guilty of smearing him FFS and she was paid to be seen as balanced.

You don’t think he’s ever watched Countdown? 

Or Laura Murray mentioned it? 

3 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

You don’t think he’s ever watched Countdown? 

It's actually possible.  I get the impression that he's not a big TV watcher: didn't he struggle to identify Ant & Dec a couple of years ago?

(Mind you, he's done a spot on Celebrity Gogglebox since then, so maybe that's opened his eyes to a world of magic and wonder and fit Manc slanderous super-numerate bullshitters.)

• Upvote 1

Just now, AngryofTuebrook said:

It's actually possible.  I get the impression that he's not a big TV watcher: didn't he struggle to identify Ant & Dec a couple of years ago?

(Mind you, he's done a spot on Celebrity Gogglebox since then, so maybe that's opened his eyes to a world of magic and wonder and fit Manc slanderous super-numerate bullshitters.)

It’s another example of making him out to be something he isn’t. Of course he’s fucking heard of her. Either from being a man, being alive for the last 15 years and seeing her all over the press for being fit and on telly 5 times a week. To then the last 2 years.  When the row has been everywhere. It’s just weird to even think he doesn’t know her. He might not care but to try and argue he doesn’t is daft. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1