You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

The Daily Fail are running a story about recently uncovered photos of Corbyn and McDonnell at the wedding of one of the Guildford Four. 

Do you know, the Guildford Four, who didn't bomb anything and were wrongly convicted? 

Oooh Jeremy, you are awful! 

There's been some temporary space vacant in the Jeremy Himmler Anti semite daily column inches that required filling with shite.

I see Austin acting like a drunk in a pub was making his playing up to the Tory gallery speech for about the 20th time (has he got another speech)? Oh he then went onto vote with the Govt to stop information being released related to prorogation of parliament and No Deal warnings.. Along with John Mann 

Speaking of John Mann

Peerage for John Mann, Labour MP who supported Brexit deal, could be seen as bribe

Theresa May’s resignation honours list was held up by a row over her decision to give the Labour MP John Mann a peerage.

The independent watchdog on Lords appointments warned that it would set a dangerous precedent and could be seen as a bribe, The Times understands.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/peerage-for-john-mann-labour-mp-who-supported-brexit-deal-could-be-seen-as-bribe-d6gpr7pqt

4 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Speaking of John Mann

Peerage for John Mann, Labour MP who supported Brexit deal, could be seen as bribe

Theresa May’s resignation honours list was held up by a row over her decision to give the Labour MP John Mann a peerage.

The independent watchdog on Lords appointments warned that it would set a dangerous precedent and could be seen as a bribe, The Times understands.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/peerage-for-john-mann-labour-mp-who-supported-brexit-deal-could-be-seen-as-bribe-d6gpr7pqt

Only took the peerage so he can deal with antisemitism, obviously took all of 30 seconds to mention Corbyn. Going to be independent Labour in the Lords.  

Truly a humble man.

2 hours ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Only took the peerage so he can deal with antisemitism, obviously took all of 30 seconds to mention Corbyn. Going to be independent Labour in the Lords.  

Truly a humble man.

Just one more reason to fuck the House of Lords off.

The campaign to make Corbyn like both a Communist and a Fascist who is a threat to people in this country is quite fucking ridiculous. I've spoken on here about how I don't much like Corbyn as leader of the Labour party, but fucking hell people know how to over-whip the pudding. It's not enough that he's doing fairly poorly as leader, people have to invent that he's a terrorist supporting mad man. This surely looks utterly ludicrous to anybody who spends 2 minutes listening to him talk. 

People are fucking weird. 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

The campaign to make Corbyn like both a Communist and a Fascist who is a threat to people in this country is quite fucking ridiculous. I've spoken on here about how I don't much like Corbyn as leader of the Labour party, but fucking hell people know how to over-whip the pudding. It's not enough that he's doing fairly poorly as leader, people have to invent that he's a terrorist supporting mad man. This surely looks utterly ludicrous to anybody who spends 2 minutes listening to him talk. 

What I find strange is that any political article on the Guardian with a comment section has loads of comments slagging Corbyn off.  Barely any of it is of the "I don't think he's a very good leader" or "too much baggage to get elected" or "Some of the policies are interesting but I doubt his capability to deliver them" type, they are all mainly massively hyperbolic nonsense.

As a purportedly left of centre publication you'd expect a bit more reasoned debate I would have thought.  Very weird. 

11 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

What I find strange is that any political article on the Guardian with a comment section has loads of comments slagging Corbyn off.  Barely any of it is of the "I don't think he's a very good leader" or "too much baggage to get elected" or "Some of the policies are interesting but I doubt his capability to deliver them" type, they are all mainly massively hyperbolic nonsense.

As a purportedly left of centre publication you'd expect a bit more reasoned debate I would have thought.  Very weird. 

I think a lot of the people who would have previously written comments in the Telegraph or Times have moved over since they introduced paywalls, although there does seem to be a concerted brigade at times.

2 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Whoever replaces him will be subjected to the same smears. Are you One Of Us? That's the only question on the lips of the Right these days.

2 hours ago, Mudface said:

I think a lot of the people who would have previously written comments in the Telegraph or Times have moved over since they introduced paywalls, although there does seem to be a concerted brigade at times.

I think a lot of comments on most free news sites are largely bots and political social media factories. Learned to ignore them ages ago.

On 06/09/2019 at 18:42, Section_31 said:

Jesus fucking Christ.

Screenshot_20190906-184134_Chrome.jpg

I would very much like to see KFC come out and have a go at them for copyright infringement. 

On 06/09/2019 at 21:53, Bjornebye said:

Ha yeah then someone would tell you to lose weight and you'd shoot them. 

Might try and get an old PS2 and get that. Fuck me the music as well. 

You can get all of the old version on Steam for PC for a couple of quid a go at the moment, and they are normally only about a fiver if I remember rightly. 

Cheap xbox controller as well and you're good to go. 

On 06/09/2019 at 22:42, sir roger said:

It will be all over the right wing press for the next period but once the election is called nobody will even remember that it took an extra 3 or 4 weeks than first mooted. 

Brown was different in that he was in power and seen as clinging onto it undemocratically.

The election was run with it it known that Blair would be stepping down for Brown at some point, it's not like they fucking hid it.

Yet, not a peep about the fact that May won (I know that's not strictly true) with no mention whatsoever of the idea that the current cunt would end up as Prime Minister. 

On 08/09/2019 at 22:20, Boss said:

I just think the country should have, or should've had (because it's too late now) some protectionist policies in place to protect it's own people from the effects of mass immigration. Certainly the working class communities and unskilled British workers. I think that's the job of the country. To look out for it's own people.

Fucking immigrants, coming over here shutting down our ship yards and coal mines, breaking our unions, designing the Austin Allegro and selling off our basic infrastructure to foreigners.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

The reason is simple, because they are ideologically opposed to him, his policies, and what he represents. It's no different with the way you're ideologically opposed to certain Tories. You probably don't mind Ken Clarke now because you're a Remainer and you're both on the same side, but I bet when he was voting through the bedroom tax, or the benefit cuts of the coalition government, I presume you weren't so much in favour of him then.