You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

55 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

3) Rico is desperate to find something to sneer at now that Corbyn is emerging as the country's last hope to stop Brexit. 

I just thought it was amusing that as the country enters into a Margaret Atwood style dystopia Labour are tweeting about lobsters.   Of course it is funny but because it’s Labour we can’t find it funny.   Otherwise someone else wins lefty of the week.  

5 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I just thought it was amusing that as the country enters into a Margaret Atwood style dystopia Labour are tweeting about lobsters.   Of course it is funny but because it’s Labour we can’t find it funny.   Otherwise someone else wins lefty of the week.  

It’s more amusing that you’re still trying to distract from your own party, hand in hand with the far-right, driving us into that dystopia Rico. 

Yours,

Lefty of the year

3 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

You can write all kinds of horrible shit about Labour without opprobrium (see: Boss over the last 24 hours) but woe betide you if you attempt to find some humour. Seven negs I think it was yesterday for a harmless Corbyn joke?

Just now, Sixtimes Dog said:

You can write all kinds of horrible shit about Labour without opprobrium (see: Boss over the last 24 hours) but woe betide you if you attempt to find some humour. Seven negs I think it was yesterday for a harmless Corbyn joke?

I’ve never seen anyone whine so much about negs honestly. Try being a Maguire fan for a year, it would toughen you up, trust me. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, viRdjil said:

I’ve never seen anyone whine so much about negs honestly. Try being a Maguire fan for a year, it would toughen you up, trust me. 

It's not the negs (I'm the most negged person in forum history, after all), but the po-faced humourlessness which offends.

Nothing wrong with a bit of Maguire every now and again.

Sean Maguire Greatest Hits.JPG

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

I don't get this. The opposition parties (and most of the Tory party aside from May and close advisers) were deliberately excluded from any involvement in the Brexit negotiations, well until May got desperate at least. The whole affair has been a Tory-run shitshow from start to finish, with multiple attempts to subvert the usual processes in the House, culminating in this ridiculous nonsense right now. At no point until a few months back, have the Tories tried to get consensus that could pass- it's always been about what they want to do- and now it's too late, we've got a hard right bunch of pricks willing to ram it through.

His fence sitting and fudging of the issue has done as much to run down the clock as the tories. He failed to oppose. He failed to pick his side, whatever it may be (I'm sure some cultist will come back with something about the conference), but it's all been tiptoeing one way and then the other from Corbyn depending on what the situation dictates. He's never said "we shouldn't be leaving." it's all been an if, then and if, then and if, then IF this happens we'll campaign to remain. It's a fucking fudge. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Chris said:

His fence sitting and fudging of the issue has done as much to run down the clock as the tories. He failed to oppose. He failed to pick his side, whatever it may be (I'm sure some cultist will come back with something about the conference), but it's all been tiptoeing one way and then the other from Corbyn depending on what the situation dictates. He's never said "we shouldn't be leaving." it's all been an if, then and if, then and if, then IF this happens we'll campaign to remain. It's a fucking fudge. 

Respecting the result of the referendum and wanting a deal with the EU that best protects workers rights and people's living standards has been a pretty consistent message from day one. That's only changed fairly recently when it became clear that the country was heading for no deal and the priority was to stop that.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chris said:

Nope, it’s 100% a Tory mess. This tired shit is so blasé. Must have some kind of brain injury to still be talking about “cultists” and the like given the context of where we are. Give your head a wobble, man 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Chris said:

But the 'fudged' position would have been more appropriate to what the country voted for. A withdrawal sure, but one that didn't lose every single benefit of remaining. Whether or not that would have been possible is unclear as the Tories didn't allow any input to their own negotiation and went purely on what May thought would be acceptable to her own party. Johnson's doing exactly the same now, with even less of a mandate than May had.

I think we have reached stage stage where both main parties accept Brexit is disaster that must be stopped and it's full on brinksmanship to have the other call a halt. If the Tories can have Labour be the ones that stop the UK leaving the EU then power is guaranteed for the next 25 years.

44 minutes ago, Chris said:

Corbyn’s problem is that his position on Brexit was too nuanced now?

29 minutes ago, moof said:

Nope, it’s 100% a Tory mess. This tired shit is so blasé. Must have some kind of brain injury to still be talking about “cultists” and the like given the context of where we are. Give your head a wobble, man 

It's the ultimate divide and rule tactics deployed. When the amount of focus has been to apportion blame on the opposition for the 30 year Tory war on Europe, you know a lot of the criticism is disengenous.