You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

Don't want to hijack the thread going into minutiae of an election that we don't know will even happen for two years , but on one hand you say that popularity won't win him an election then say you see ' fear in peoples eyes ' about him. As I say he picked up nearly 13m votes so he obviously isn't that scary to people who haven't already had their mind made up by MSM or their political allegiances . Being able to explain the manifesto and policies without political bias will help once again.

Your post also features Brexit heavily and we have no idea what will happen there before a GE. If as you suggest, the Tories go in without a resolution they will lose lots of votes to the Brexit Party and the election could end up being won with a relatively small vote.

Labour will invest heavily in swing seats and we saw how this can help in Peterborough , and I don't think we will do as badly as you suggest in Scotland where Corbyn's policies go down quite well in the larger cities. I think the Tories vote will collapse up there completely.

Well we'll see. I might be a gamble you fancy. It's not one I do. Johnson will get 5 more years easily if he runs against Corbyn in my view. 

1 hour ago, moof said:

The fear of Corbyn in their eyes. Haha, fucking hell

So you think people aren't fearful of him? I see it every day. The Tories are going to make it their platform, choose us and our right wing brexit as the option is Corbyn and McDonnell. It will ensure they don't lose too many votes to the brexit party. In fact I wouldn't be that shocked if a deal wasn't done with them where they don't stand in marginal Tory seats in return for a role for farage. 

Corbyn has a puncher's chance but almost any other leader and Labour would be looking at a massive majority.  The most likely next election will be after the Remainer MPs block Brexit again and Boris goes to the country to get a mandate to sort it out once and for all.  The Tories will do a deal of some kind with Farrage and he will run against Labour in its Brexit heartlands leaving Boris with a clear run in the seats he needs to win.  

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

So you think people aren't fearful of him? I see it every day. The Tories are going to make it their platform, choose us and our right wing brexit as the option is Corbyn and McDonnell. It will ensure they don't lose too many votes to the brexit party. In fact I wouldn't be that shocked if a deal wasn't done with them where they don't stand in marginal Tory seats in return for a role for farage. 

What about Corbyn do you think they’re terrified of?

1 minute ago, viRdjil said:

Lol. There’s absolutely nothing about him that’s terrifying in my eyes.

He is fucking hung. I just hope equal overage gets given to Johnson's package in the inevitable election campaign. He may have 13 sired kids, but he's got a dick like a Chinese sparrow.

Times headline is all about support for Corbyn within the Labour Party  (according to a YouGov survey) "plummeting" to... about 60%; the same as it was in the leadership elections of 2015 and 2016.

I'm definitely getting the feeling that the racist, tax-dodging billionaire Murdoch doesn't want Corbyn to be PM, for some reason. 

30 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Times headline is all about support for Corbyn within the Labour Party  (according to a YouGov survey) "plummeting" to... about 60%; the same as it was in the leadership elections of 2015 and 2016.

I'm definitely getting the feeling that the racist, tax-dodging billionaire Murdoch doesn't want Corbyn to be PM, for some reason. 

Could this be the same guy whose Fox News has been known to make fun of kids with down syndrome live on air?

It amazes me that enablers of the sickness on both sides of the Atlantic like this horrendous creature don't take more shit than they do.

For decades he's been the propaganda arm of every known form of human shithousery

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Could this be the same guy whose Fox News has been known to make fun of kids with down syndrome live on air?

It amazes me that enablers of the sickness on both sides of the Atlantic like this horrendous creature don't take more shit than they do.

For decades he's been the propaganda arm of every known form of human shithousery

Ever since 1992 and the "It's The S*n Wot Won It" election, it's been accepted wisdom among all Westminster party leaders that the only way to get into Downing Street is to suck Satan's ballbag. Corbyn is the first leader of any party to challenge that.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

If I ever get told I've got a small finite figure of months to live, Murdoch is toast. I promise you that. 

13 hours ago, viRdjil said:

What about Corbyn do you think they’re terrified of?

I think they're scared he'll bankrupt the country and bend over to Islamic terrorism. It doesn't matter they're wrong, it is the perception that has been built about him and because he's a 80s labour left winger, he's an easy target. Lots and lots of people see him as a communist and Dominic raab was on the telly banging that very drum again this morning. 

22 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Ever since 1992 and the "It's The S*n Wot Won It" election, it's been accepted wisdom among all Westminster party leaders that the only way to get into Downing Street is to suck Satan's ballbag. Corbyn is the first leader of any party to challenge that.

If he calls Murdoch a cunt in public he will go up in my estimation. Inestimably. 

I do wonder if a young female leader with the same policy platform and conviction would be perfect at this point, it would be pretty difficult for the press to smear someone in the same way (though they would try). That would mean Corbyn has almost acted as an ice breaker taking the opprobrium and widening the Overton window to the left. I'd keep McDonnell to preserve continuity of the team and thought behind the project.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Moctezuma said:

I do wonder if a young female leader with the same policy platform and conviction would be perfect at this point, it would be pretty difficult for the press to smear someone in the same way (though they would try). That would mean Corbyn has almost acted as an ice breaker taking the opprobrium and widening the Overton window to the left. I'd keep McDonnell to preserve continuity of the team and thought behind the project.

Vicious misogynist cunts in the media would love a young woman to attack. 

Having said that, if Pidcock were to take over from Watson, we'd actually have a united party leadership, doing what the members want (and what the country needs).

2 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Erm, no he isn't. First Labour or Tory leader, maybe.