You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

4 hours ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

Labour Against Antisemitism has submitted a 15,000 page report to the EHRC investigators.

Wow, they should get the same people working on the Tories and Islamophobia next. You might need a bookshelf or two to store the report on when it's done though.

3 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Wow, they should get the same people working on the Tories and Islamophobia next. You might need a bookshelf or two to store the report on when it's done though.

"What about the Tories?" is not, and never will be, a good riposte to accusations of shortcomings in the Labour Party.

3 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

"What about the Tories?" is not, and never will be, a good riposte to accusations of shortcomings in the Labour Party.

Any chance of you reading that article above?

These slanderous lot are just scared of losing their 300 quid daily fee for turning up at the house of lords. Its lies and smear to save their own pockets. Surely you can see that? 

2 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

Yeah it wouldn't be if I thought this was actually a serious problem. I think it's a bullshit smear campaign though so not bothered. And if they force Corbyn out that will drive anti-semitism way more than anything Labour have done wrong. A load of those 15,000 pages will be filled with shite too I'd guess, probably with a fair amount equating anti-zionism with anti-semitism.

The Tories on the other hand do have a serious problem with Islamophobia from what we can tell.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Any chance of you reading that article above?

These slanderous lot are just scared of losing their 300 quid daily fee for turning up at the house of lords. Its lies and smear to save their own pockets. Surely you can see that? 

I've read that article.

No, I don't see that peers are worried about losing attendance allowances. I have seen no evidence for that.

1 minute ago, Red Phoenix said:

Yeah it wouldn't be if I thought this was actually a serious problem. I think it's a bullshit smear campaign though so not bothered. And if they force Corbyn out that will drive anti-semitism way more than anything Labour have done wrong. A load of those 15,000 pages will be filled with shite too I'd guess, probably with a fair amount equating anti-zionism with anti-semitism.

The Tories on the other hand do have a serious problem with Islamophobia from what we can tell.

I suspect you haven't got the first clue about what is actually out there.

It would've happened to "toxic" Ed Miliband eventually, if he'd have stuck around for longer. Ed Miliband, "toxic."  I mean, come on now? 

The knives were being sharpened. Maureen Lipman was Miliband's Riley and Oberman. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-funding-crisis-jewish-donors-drop-toxic-ed-miliband-9849299.html

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

But you don't have any opinion you would like to share because it doesn't suit your biased one-dimensional agenda? 

I don't think it would serve any useful purpose for me to share my thoughts on it.

My agenda is the establishment of truth. I'm happy to allow the EHRC investigation to play out before I start pronouncing one way or the other.

2 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

I don't think it would serve any useful purpose for me to share my thoughts on it.

My agenda is the establishment of truth. I'm happy to allow the EHRC investigation to play out before I start pronouncing one way or the other.

How convenient.  

You are so transparent fella it is unreal. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

How convenient.  

You are so transparent fella it is unreal. 

No, it's just as a general rule, cherry-picking doesn't impress me much.

Would you take much notice of a table called "50 times Jeremy Corbyn stood by antisemites"? Well, then.

11 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

No, it's just as a general rule, cherry-picking doesn't impress me much.

Would you take much notice of a table called "50 times Jeremy Corbyn stood by antisemites"? Well, then.

Yes I would. But it doesn't exist does it SD. 

Cherry-Picking doesn't impress you much? Oh come off it. 

Don't cross the Corb

Labour MP Emily Thornberry is in hospital after coming off her bicycle in an accident outside Parliament.

The shadow foreign secretary was involved in a collision with a vehicle in Parliament Square, Westminster, outside the House of Commons on Friday.

The Islington South and Finsbury MP was taken to hospital in an ambulance.

A spokesperson for Ms Thornberry said she was recovering in hospital and was "hugely grateful" for the support of the paramedics and A&E staff.

"We hope she will be back on her feet, back to work, and back on her bike as soon as possible."

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

Not remotely, they voted 67.6% to leave the European Union.

Nice to see some empathy from the Liberal Democrat .

I guess though seeing as half the children in several areas of  Dudley are growing up in  poverty I'm sure you'll be happy they'll reap what they sow.

1 hour ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

I suspect you haven't got the first clue about what is actually out there.

I think I have, I was born in Hull and grew up in a council area just outside of it. There's a load of racist cavemen all over the country and Labour have some of those people as members, but I don't think it's hugely different from what it was before and it's being blown out of all proportions by people opposed to Corbyn.

28 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I think I have, I was born in Hull and grew up in a council area just outside of it. There's a load of racist cavemen all over the country and Labour have some of those people as members, but I don't think it's hugely different from what it was before and it's being blown out of all proportions by people opposed to Corbyn.

Blown out of all proportion.  Think it’s quite important to those on the receiving end.  

28 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Blown out of all proportion.  Think it’s quite important to those on the receiving end.  

Is that a deliberate misrepresentation or is it an instinctive thing?

If two people get killed, that's a very bad thing. If anyone claims 20,000 people were killed, that would be blowing it out of all proportion.

But you know that. 

32 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Is that a deliberate misrepresentation or is it an instinctive thing?

If two people get killed, that's a very bad thing. If anyone claims 20,000 people were killed, that would be blowing it out of all proportion.

But you know that. 

Hold on, unless there’s another type of racism issue in the Labour Party I’m missing this isn’t being blown out of proportion.  The people fucking investigating it have said it, the people suffering it have said it, even JC has said it. 

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Hold on, unless there’s another type of racism issue in the Labour Party I’m missing this isn’t being blown out of proportion.  The people fucking investigating it have said it, the people suffering it have said it, even JC has said it. 

The number of people found guilty of anti-Semitism in the Labour Party represent something like 0.06% of the membership.  Do you think that justifies the wall-to-wall coverage of "Labour’s anti-Semitism crisis"?

27 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

The number of people found guilty of anti-Semitism in the Labour Party represent something like 0.06% of the membership.  Do you think that justifies the wall-to-wall coverage of "Labour’s anti-Semitism crisis"?

Even Ed Milliband was accused of encouraging anti-semitism and also Chomsky got accused of ‘promoting’ anti-semitism. Some actually call them the wrong type of Jews on twitter, thought I think it might have been sarcastic.

I wonder how much evidence you could gather if you put together all of the Zionist smears against Corbyn since this whole drama started? Maybe that could go to 15,000 pages too. No involvement from the Israeli embassy though obviously, they've just been watching from the sidelines neutrally. Haha!