You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

7 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

The false anti semitism shit could well turn out to be vote winner for Corbyn. 

The downside is it does no good to those poor jewish kids who suffer real predujice on a day to day basis.

He said he wants to abolish the House of Lords. Funny how loads of MP's have now come out calling all this bullshit. They get 300 quid a day just for turning up. Greedy lying mutant bastards. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

This feels pertinent somehow.

Yes, it's much the same sort of false dichotomising we see in the Corbyn debate.

"Oh, you don't want Jeremy Corbyn as Prime Minister? Well you must love big business and hate the poor, then."

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

Yes, it's much the same sort of false dichotomising we see in the Corbyn debate.

"Oh, you don't want Jeremy Corbyn as Prime Minister? Well you must love big business and hate the poor, then."

Do fuck off. Its nothing like that at all. A blatant smear campaign full of lies and hypocrisy is far far worse. Utter cunt of a comment SD. You only come on this thread to wind people up so I suggest you fuck right off out of it.

Fucking cunts throwing anti-semitism jibes around like confetti when in-fact they are the real bigots. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Do fuck off. Its nothing like that at all. A blatant smear campaign full of lies and hypocrisy is far far worse. Utter cunt of a comment SD. You only come on this thread to wind people up so I suggest you fuck right off out of it.

Fucking cunts throwing anti-semitism jibes around like confetti when in-fact they are the real bigots. 

I didn't even mention antisemitism, so I don't know where that comes from. I was talking about the "With us, or with the enemy" absolutism that permeates every interaction with Corbyn supporters, to the extent that even Labour politicians from other schools of left-wing thought are routinely denounced as Tories and told to quit the party.

Quite why anyone should get wound up by a fairly anodyne observation like that, I don't know, but I'll take your word for it that people get triggered.

16 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

I keep reading and hearing how massive this anti Semitic problem is but I see little or no evidence just vague generalisations. I’m not saying it’s not there just that I haven’t seen it, you can’t convict without evidence .

You only have to disagree with someone to be called it these days mate. 

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I think it may have been a generalisation. Have you been to Dudley? I feel sorry for them too. 

Apparently the black country accent is more broader in women than men. Yes, thats right, the female of the species is more Dudley than the male.

• Upvote 9

27 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

I keep reading and hearing how massive this anti Semitic problem is but I see little or no evidence just vague generalisations. I’m not saying it’s not there just that I haven’t seen it, you can’t convict without evidence .

There's a few accounts on Twitter which do exposés on it, there's new stuff pretty much every day, people sharing posts from neo-Nazis etc. Labour Against Antisemitism has submitted a 15,000 page report to the EHRC investigators.

26 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

0.06% of the Labour membership. Less than the wider population.

8 minutes ago, A Red said:

Apparently the black country accent is more broader in women than men. Yes, thats right, the female of the species is more Dudley than the male.

Ha. I went out with a girl from Eddington years ago. Super hot but her voice....... took a lot of ignoring. 

13 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

There's a few accounts on Twitter which do exposés on it, there's new stuff pretty much every day, people sharing posts from neo-Nazis etc. Labour Against Antisemitism has submitted a 15,000 page report to the EHRC investigators.

Lmao

38 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

There are antisemites and some antisemitic thought belonging to Labour Party members, like in every other walk of life. But the idea that they are an institutionally racist party, or that there is a unique “antisemitism crisis” within Labour is completely manufactured. 

• Upvote 1