You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

14 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Thankfully 98% of them will be dead within about six months.

Unsure as to what are they so scared of? Free healthcare and education for all, strong welfare system, with higher tax to help pay for it. Surely that’s better than tanking the economy or tearing the UK apart?

Just now, viRdjil said:

Unsure as to what are they so scared of? Free healthcare and education for all, strong welfare system, with higher tax to help pay for it. Surely that’s better than tanking the economy or tearing the UK apart?

Yeah, they don't need that stuff. They have money. Money + not giving a shit about other humans + being a thick jingoist cunt.

3 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Quite a few people seem convinced Johnson will call an autumn general election if he's named Tory leader with no deal at the top of the manifesto.

Rightly or wrongly, I reckon if Labour had anyone else at the helm other than Corbyn, they'd walk it.

Hope to fuck I’m wrong, but have long had a terrible feeling he’ll find it harder to win their leadership election than a general against Corbyn.

3 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

All Tories care about is money. I'm alright jack and I've got cash in the bank. 

Labour has been depicted as some kind of communist wrecking machine that's going to take four of your houses off you and give them to Grenfell survivors. 

26 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Labour’s lawyers need to come out swinging against dangerous, lying cunts like this.

I don't think they would have a hope in hell of suing Gove for that.

He didn't say Corbyn indulges in antisemitic hate speech.

Gove could quite legitimately argue that Corbyn engaging in conversation with other people who have said quite antisemitic things is an example of him "indulging" it. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

I don't think they would have a hope in hell of suing Gove for that.

He didn't say Corbyn indulges in antisemitic hate speech.

Gove could quite legitimately argue that Corbyn engaging in conversation with other people who have said quite antisemitic things is an example of him "indulging" it. 

Really?

It looks like a clear libel to me.

16 minutes ago, moof said:

Got a real kick out of this. Very subtle, Jeremy, you sly old fox 

7D988F2C-A224-41E9-87D9-816F3554672F.jpeg

I don’t know... I think it’s unintentional. I don’t think he’s that type of person. Even if he was, he’d be smart enough to understand that it wouldn’t be a wise move to open yourself up for a possible “anti-semitic” saga right this moment.

29 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

I don’t know... I think it’s unintentional. I don’t think he’s that type of person. Even if he was, he’d be smart enough to understand that it wouldn’t be a wise move to open yourself up for a possible “anti-semitic” saga right this moment.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/businesslatestnews/9668396/Margaret-Hodges-family-company-pays-just-0.01pc-tax-on-2.1bn-of-business-generated-in-the-UK.html

When you get interrupted by a woman trying to make a protest, you fall back on instinct.  That might mean assault her, or it might mean keeping your nerve and your manners; it depends on the kind of person you are. 

https://m.independent.ie/videos/world-news/video-corbyn-interrupted-during-miners-gala-speech-by-woman-pleading-to-speak-to-him-35909665.html

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

When you get interrupted by a woman trying to make a protest, you fall back on instinct.  That might mean assault her, or it might mean keeping your nerve and your manners; it depends on the kind of person you are. 

https://m.independent.ie/videos/world-news/video-corbyn-interrupted-during-miners-gala-speech-by-woman-pleading-to-speak-to-him-35909665.html

He seems like a thoroughly decent fella. I really don’t understand how anyone, given the choice of Corbyn and Hunt or Johnson would pick the latter to lead your country.

18 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

He seems like a thoroughly decent fella. I really don’t understand how anyone, given the choice of Corbyn and Hunt or Johnson would pick the latter to lead your country.

It’s easy to understand when you consider those people don’t have the critical thinking skills to do anything other than parrot the shit their read on Twitter, and have that shit form their opinion of Corbyn as some mentalist, hell bent on destroying the UK because he hates Jews. When you listen to that shit and accept that it is the truth, it’s very easy to say ‘he’s soooo bad, I’d rather have Boris the liar’. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
26 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Even if Labour had a more popular leader, most would pick the latter. Far too many people don't want to see the bigger picture, they are happy in their own little bubble and will only budge if their own circumstances are threatened. Look at Brexit. Most people are happy to take 52% as being what is best for all, yet a lot of those ignore 98% of scientists warnings about important matters such as Global warming. 

No politician is perfect, it would also be impossible for any of them to please everyone. Corbyn gets way too much stick, peddled by the worst media in the Modern World. Owned by cunts who couldn't give a shit about half the morons who swallow their shite.