You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

If you’re going to tell me what I think, there’s probably only going to be space for one person that in the discussion. I think it’s probably wise to use occam’s razor, just like Stronts has always preached on here. Jumped by to conclusions that he wasn’t paid quite a low sum to work for PressTV would be... dunno. I’m sure Stronts will be along with an unbiased defence of Corbyn in a minute. 

I was just making an assumption, seeing as you werent happy with my suggestions, that you thought it was all innocent. Fair enough, you have a different view, I wont speculate what it is, I'm sure you will tell me. 

2 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

If you’re going to tell me what I think, there’s probably only going to be space for one person that in the discussion. I think it’s probably wise to use occam’s razor, just like Stronts has always preached on here. Jumped by to conclusions that he wasn’t paid quite a low sum to work for PressTV would be... dunno. I’m sure Stronts will be along with an unbiased defence of Corbyn in a minute. 

You're trying to neg me out of the thread, but now you want to hear from me? Mixed signals, man.

As it happens, the money is a bit of a red herring. I think Corbyn would defend the Iranian regime whether they had paid him or not.

• Downvote 2

Just now, Sixtimes Dog said:

Imagine a politician who had been paid by Isr**l getting such an easy ride.

Nope, me either.

It very much depends what for. Even though we now know that Israel doesn’t have a completely free media, I’m sure we wouldn’t be able to get a word in for your virulent condemnation of their support for state terror, occupation, and cold-blooded murder. 

I, on the other hand, would tell you to behave. 

13 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Dunno about all this Press TV shenanigans, but if anyone can point to any part of Corbyn's tweet that's either innacurate or out of order please do so.

To me, it looks like the only that is wrong about his comment seems to be the person making it. Genuinely don’t know how he deals with these constant attacks seemingly effortlessly. He’s made of sterner stuff than most.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

It very much depends what for. Even though we now know that Israel doesn’t have a completely free media, I’m sure we wouldn’t be able to get a word in for your virulent condemnation of their support for state terror, occupation, and cold-blooded murder. 

I, on the other hand, would tell you to behave. 

Then get called anti-semitic 

18 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

To me, it looks like the only that is wrong about his comment seems to be the person making it. Genuinely don’t know how he deals with these constant attacks seemingly effortlessly. He’s made of sterner stuff than most.

It's always the way with Labour leaders, always.

The right has no arguments to counter the left so they play the man and not the ball. May was always trying to espouse ideas that sounded almost left wing (workers on boards etc) and most people wouldn't be averse to the idea of, for example, nationalizing railways.

When you've got no argument though you attack the man. The S*n doing 'stings' on Gordon Brown when he's trying to ring a mum to sends her condolences on the death of her son, Red Ed Miliband who looked a bit daft eating a pig, even though his main rival had actually fucked one. The examples are infinite, we could literally be here all night.

Interesting how the anti-Semitism brigade were silent when his dad was being pilloried as 'the man who hated Britain.'

Corbyn is on a whole new level though, but that's what happens when you go off the reservation and choose someone who's not from the establishment's list of approved choices.

Whoever succeeds him will get much the same treatment I imagine, especially if they're not one of the crowd that likes to buy the lobby mob a pint and tell them what great journos they are.

Brown tried to placate Murdoch et al and was still annihilated, Corbyn can't be arsed trying as there's no point. It will only end when he's kicked out and David Miliband returns home to a hero's welcome.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

You're trying to neg me out of the thread, but now you want to hear from me? Mixed signals, man.

As it happens, the money is a bit of a red herring. I think Corbyn would defend the Iranian regime whether they had paid him or not.

I’m not trying to beg you out of anywhere. I negged two posts I didn’t like. I rep your posts when I like them. That’s the intended use. As for what I want... a little consistency would be nice. 

As for Corbyn defending the Iranian regime, I assume you mean their misdeeds (otherwise, what would need defending)? What makes you think that? 

BTW, I’ve not forgotten the Galloway thing. I’ll hook that up in a bit. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It's always the way with Labour leaders, always.

The right has no arguments to counter the left so they play the man and not the ball. May was always trying to espouse ideas that sounded almost left wing (workers on boards etc) and most people wouldn't be averse to the idea of, for example, nationalizing railways.

When you've got no argument though you attack the man. The S*n doing 'stings' on Gordon Brown when he's trying to ring a mum to sends her condolences on the death of her son, Red Ed Miliband who looked a bit daft eating a pig, even though his main rival had actually fucked one. The examples are infinite, we could literally be here all night.

Interesting how the anti-Semitism brigade were silent when his dad was being pilloried as 'the man who hated Britain.'

Corbyn is on a whole new level though, but that's what happens when you go off the reservation and choose someone who's not from the establishment's list of approved choices.

Whoever succeeds him will get much the same treatment I imagine, especially if they're not one of the crowd that likes to buy the lobby mob a pint and tell them what great journos they are.

Brown tried to placate Murdoch et al and was still annihilated, Corbyn can't be arsed trying as there's no point. It will only end when he's kicked out and David Miliband returns home to a hero's welcome.

Even the supposedly the supposedly impartial and balanced BBC smear him. Remember this one?

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/jan/18/bbc-trust-says-laura-kuenssberg-report-on-jeremy-corbyn-was-inaccurate-labour

Just now, viRdjil said:

Even the supposedly the supposedly impartial and balanced BBC smear him. Remember this one?

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/jan/18/bbc-trust-says-laura-kuenssberg-report-on-jeremy-corbyn-was-inaccurate-labour

Their headline the other day about this Iran Tweet was 'Corbyn branded a fool' or some such, as opposed to, say, Corbyn urges caution.

The source of the criticism for the headline was Jeremy Hunt no less, a foreign secretary of such ability that he thought his Chinese wife was Japanese. When he owned a business he also told his staff to 'keep it down' when they were watching 911 unfold on telly because his sales department were trying to make phonecalls.

Like or loathe Corbyn, but there's nothing in his history as bad as some of the absolutely despicable words and actions of virtually every member of this current Tory crop. 

It's no coincidence that during purdah at the last election when the media had no choice but to provide equal coverage, Corbyn got more popular and May got less popular. 

I suppose that's what happens when you don't constantly splice imagery of him being doorstepped  for the fifth time in the same week, with an image of May and her fella leaving church.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

Are you  not reading the thread SD ?

He has taken issue with Iran in the Commons more than all but one other MP ( Kelvin Hopkins ) out of 650.

He's had quite a bit to say about arms sales to Saudi Arabia, as well.

How many billions of pounds worth of arms has the UK sold to Saudi Arabia?

Even the House of Lords says some of them are in violation of international law re the situation in Yemen.

What's the Tory response? Refuse to end them, and instead call on Iran to end it's support for the Houthis.

If accepting money from a foreign government means you're in their pocket...does a qamis even have pockets?

1 hour ago, A Red said:

What do you think?

No idea, really. I think anybody that works or works for PressTV shouldn’t, but I don’t think for a single second that he supports the horrible shit done by Iran. No more than the horrible shit done by US, UK, Israel is condoned by those working for their state broadcasters. Now, if he was on there supporting their shit, then it’s a different thing. 

I mean, this standard isn’t set for people working for any other media outlet. It’s guilt by association. If I could say whatever I like, I’d happily appear on IPBC.

7 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

It’s almost like there’s a disconnect between saying things, and doing things.  

He he said they were baddies, then took their money and said they were goodies.  Which is more representative?  Mmm. 

Can someone who speaks dimwit decipher this?

40 minutes ago, A Red said:

Well that was a waste of time

Well... sorry to disappoint you with my honesty and that I’m not willing to pretend I know what was going through his head. You might be willing to condemn a guy as a traitor, say his loyalty to his nation can be bought for next to nothing, and imply he supports all sorts of hideous shit because he presented a fucking TV program, but I’m not. 

5 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

If you want to get an idea of Corbyn's position on Iran, you could do worse than go here:

https://edm.parliament.uk/

and do a search using the search word "iran" over Corbyn's time in parliament.

Then look at the content of the edms, and who signed them.

Or, you can watch what he said when they offered him some cash.  

11 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Well... sorry to disappoint you with my honesty and that I’m not willing to pretend I know what was going through his head. You might be willing to condemn a guy as a traitor, say his loyalty to his nation can be bought for next to nothing, and imply he supports all sorts of hideous shit because he presented a fucking TV program, but I’m not. 

Fucking hell