You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

6 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Just like presenting a show for a state broadcaster doesn't make you believe in everything the state does, being right about apartheid doesn't mean you're going to be right about... anything else ever. People are so quick to get entrenched in their positions. 

Politics and the internet; where picking a side is more important than having a discussion in good faith.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

Let he who has never hosted a show for a regime that hangs gay people from cranes cast the first stone.

Can you stop using gays to back up your argument you disrespectful ignorant fuck. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

That's just the internet. The problem lies in what's considered an authoritative source. For some it's official accounts, others investigative journalists, and others still conspiracy theorists.

There are grains of truth and massive holes everywhere; scepticism of everyone is the soundest starting position. As a species, we're all questionable.

Spot on

3 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

That's just the internet. The problem lies in what's considered an authoritative source. For some it's official accounts, others investigative journalists, and others still conspiracy theorists.

There are grains of truth and massive holes everywhere; scepticism of everyone is the soundest starting position. As a species, we're all questionable.

Hence the outrage expressed by people here (and in the real world) and towards Corbyn for simply asking for evidence is baffling.

1 hour ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

Let he who has never hosted a show for a regime that hangs gay people from cranes cast the first stone.

Yep. Also people who have sung at a song contest hosted by a country that shoots kids playing on the beach. 

3 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Wait a minute, you're suggesting that Corbyn wasn't actually paid 'upto £5000' for being interviewed on PressTV four times, but rather he is being bought by the Iranian regime to do their bidding should, in a decade's time, they do something that reqiures somebody in parliament saying 'let's see evidence' before rushing to judgement. 

Yep, I'm saying exactly that. Particularly as there is evidence, you might not agree with it but its evidence. 

Corbyn was paid, effectively by the Iranian regime, because he wouldnt say anything to embarrass them, and even if he did, it would be more than counterbalanced by his support of them. Good propaganda. He is now in debt to them. Big businesses and regimes like Iran will spread money around to buy favours, either short term or long term. Corbyn, an MP in one of the most influential western countries, gave a small short term boost to their credibility and now, longer term, he is doing their bidding.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, A Red said:

Yep, I'm saying exactly that. Particularly as there is evidence, you might not agree with it but its evidence. 

Corbyn was paid, effectively by the Iranian regime, because he wouldnt say anything to embarrass them, and even if he did, it would be more than counterbalanced by his support of them. Good propaganda. He is now in debt to them. Big businesses and regimes like Iran will spread money around to buy favours, either short term or long term. Corbyn, an MP in one of the most influential western countries, gave a small short term boost to their credibility and now, longer term, he is doing their bidding.

That’s you on the list.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, A Red said:

Excellent. Now I know the standard of evidence that is set, i can apply this to this to everybody who has received money from somebody else. Thanks for this. I personally thing it is utterly ridiculous and idiotic, but considering how many people it makes look like murderer and terrorist sympathisers, and just horrific humans, I’m going to run with it. 

2 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Excellent. Now I know the standard of evidence that is set, i can apply this to this to everybody who has received money from somebody else. Thanks for this. I personally thing it is utterly ridiculous and idiotic, but considering how many people it makes look like murderer and terrorist sympathisers, and just horrific humans, I’m going to run with it. 

Calm yourself down

Of course, I might be wrong, I've been wrong many times before, it doesnt worry me. In which case Corbyn is just guilty of not thinking things through when accepting the job with Press TV. Mind you £4k a show, whilst not in your pay league, is pretty appealing. He should have asked himself "why me and whats in it for them?"

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, A Red said:

Calm yourself down

Of course, I might be wrong, I've been wrong many times before, it doesnt worry me. In which case Corbyn is just guilty of not thinking things through when accepting the job with Press TV. Mind you £4k a show, whilst not in your pay league, is pretty appealing. He should have asked himself "why me and whats in it for them?"

There is, don't you think, a slight difference between 'shouldn't have done a show for press TV' and 'potential leader of the UK in league with a foreign government'. I mean, a little bit of thought would go a long way. 

3 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

There is, don't you think, a slight difference between 'shouldn't have done a show for press TV' and 'potential leader of the UK in league with a foreign government'. I mean, a little bit of thought would go a long way. 

I dont think it is unreasonable to consider why he was paid by a foreign country. You think it was entirely innocent and there is no reason to question it, I think it was either very naive or at worst collusion with a questionable regime. 

9 minutes ago, A Red said:

I dont think it is unreasonable to consider why he was paid by a foreign country. You think it was entirely innocent and there is no reason to question it, I think it was either very naive or at worst collusion with a questionable regime. 

Imagine a politician who had been paid by Isr**l getting such an easy ride.

Nope, me either.

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, A Red said:

If you’re going to tell me what I think, there’s probably only going to be space for one person that in the discussion. I think it’s probably wise to use occam’s razor, just like Stronts has always preached on here. Jumped by to conclusions that he wasn’t paid quite a low sum to work for PressTV would be... dunno. I’m sure Stronts will be along with an unbiased defence of Corbyn in a minute.