You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Bleeding John Bolton Stumbles Into Capitol Building Claiming That Iran Shot Him

b4izlbcwcv2iosslgfz9.png

WASHINGTON—Bursting through the Congressional chamber doors while moaning and clutching his shoulder, John Bolton reportedly stumbled into the Capitol building Friday claiming that he’d been shot by Iran. “Help, help, I’ve just been attacked by a large Middle Eastern country around 636,000 square miles in size,” said the national security advisor, telling those assembled that he’d just been minding his own business when an aggressive Islamic Republic had thrown him on the ground and shot him with a long-range missile. “Right after Iran shot me, I heard the nation laugh and say ‘Somebody stop me before I go on a homicidal rampage.’ It was acting crazed and irrational, and I could smell enriched uranium coming from one of its urban centers. Please, hurry, if we move quickly, we might still be able to catch it before it’s too late.” Upon further questioning, Bolton admitted that the incident had happened so fast that it was possible he’d been attacked by Venezuela or North Korea. 

https://politics.theonion.com/bleeding-john-bolton-stumbles-into-capitol-building-cla-1834847900/amp?__twitter_impression=true

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Do you think these are just six unrelated unfortunate coincidences?

I think the more pertinent question is why anybody would trust fabricated statements from UK/US governments supporting an escalation in tensions with a nation they’re obviously desperate to go to war with. 

• Upvote 2

Have none of you read the statement?  It’s not warmongering in any way. I’ve posted it above just to be fucking clear.  

Theres footage of an Iranian military boat at the side of a tanker.  That tanker blew up.  So it’s either a CIA plot or the Iranians.  Are we agreed they are the 2 options? 

4 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Appropriately enough, it blows the "Iranian limpet mines footage" out of the water.

Fucking hell - if the US created a false flag, which involved attaching fake limpet mines and then firing a missile instead...wouldn’t they just create a false flag where they pretend Iran fires a missile?  

1 minute ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

It destroys the "evidence" against Iran.  In the absence of evidence, any reasonable person would say that Iran is exonerated.

Where’s the evidence?  It’s a man who says he thought it was a missile. That’s not evidence. Fucking hell.  

3 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

It is almost certain that a branch of the Iranian military - the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps - attacked the two tankers on 13 June. No other state or non-state actor could plausibly have been responsible.

What fucking planet would you have to be on to believe that bullshit.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

It has been a powder keg for centuries

Pedantic point, but I'd say "decades" rather than "centuries".  Prior to the early years of the 20th Century (with the fracturing of the British, French and Ottoman Empires and the increasing importance of oil) it was no better or worse than Europe or anywhere else.

47 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

It destroys the "evidence" against Iran.  In the absence of evidence, any reasonable person would say that Iran is exonerated.

I don't think exonerated is the right word, but claims of certainty seem premature.  I definitely don't think it's right to chastise the opposition for disputing said 'certainty' in lieu of evidence.

• Upvote 2