You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

He should’ve been expelled years ago and put on trial for war crimes. His little fucking chum, tony, too. 

Fantastic that this is being spun as corbyn’s personal axe grinding, would have never seen that coming. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Many Lib Dem and Green Party voters who are big fans of Alister Campbell, is there? 

Not really, I just think it's an odd move to expel Lib Dem voters if your intention is to win back people who voted Lib Dem/Green/Change.

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

It's mad that Campbell has been expelled for a clear and indisputable breach of a clause of the party rules that results in automatic expulsion while other people who have allegedly broken rules are afforded due process to have the allegations against them examined. 

What's the world coming too! 

Sigh... 

But, but...

2 minutes ago, Istvan Kosma said:

Not sure of your point? Galloway was expelled from Labour in 2003... 

It was more the fact of Corbyn supporting Galloway against the official Labour candidate I was referring to.

17 minutes ago, Istvan Kosma said:

Not sure of your point? Galloway was expelled from Labour in 2003... 

I think people are trying to compare Campbell stating BEFORE an election that he was voting for another party and then actually voting for that other party with Corbyn allegedly congratulating a rival candidate of Labour AFTER the election had took place. 

In doing this, these people are quite clearly misinterpreting the relevant Labour Rule, be that through stupidity or deliberate malice, as it's clear that the relevant Labour Party rule concerns acting against the interests of the party by trying to lose the party votes by voting or campaigning against them in the build up to an election, rather than an after the event congratulatory comment. 

I suspect that the numbskulls running with this argument already know this though when trying to make a ridiculous comparison between chalk and cheese situations. 

6 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I think people are trying to compare Campbell stating BEFORE an election that he was voting for another party and then actually voting for that other party with Corbyn allegedly congratulating a rival candidate of Labour AFTER the election had took place. 

In doing this, these people are quite clearly misinterpreting the relevant Labour Rule, be that through stupidity or deliberate malice, as it's clear that the relevant Labour Party rule concerns acting against the interests of the party by trying to lose the party votes by voting or campaigning against them in the build up to an election, rather than an after the event congratulatory comment. 

I suspect that the numbskulls running with this argument already know this though when trying to make a ridiculous comparison between chalk and cheese situations. 

So Andrew Fisher is bang to rights then isn’t he?  

38 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Not really, I just think it's an odd move to expel Lib Dem voters if your intention is to win back people who voted Lib Dem/Green/Change.

I think it’d be folly to target those switching as a protest vote in an election that doesn’t actually do anything by keeping somebody like AC. What they need to do is promise a second referendum, which they’ve done. Labour remain the only party who actually have a chance of either softening or even stopping Brexit. If people are voting Lib Dem and Greens in the hope it’ll stop Brexit, they’re sadly mistaken. 

Whether Corbyn or the Labour Party should have expelled Campbell or not is open for discussion. 

What is is blatantly obvious imo is Campbell went across all the media telling anyone who would listen he voted LD goading Corbyn and the LP to expel him. 

And I’d put money on the fact he did so knowing it would increase pressure on Corbyn. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Whether Corbyn or the Labour Party should have expelled Campbell or not is open for discussion. 

What is is blatantly obvious imo is Campbell went across all the media telling anyone who would listen he voted LD goading Corbyn and the LP to expel him. 

And I’d put money on the fact he did so knowing it would increase pressure on Corbyn. 

It’s not really up for discussion then, is it? Rules are rules. If you go on tv in the build up to an election advertising to all and sundry that you’re going to vote against labour, that’s a breach of rules and an immediate expulsion. Nowt to do with Corbyn swinging the sword or anything like that. The disciplinary processes are quite clear, as far as I can tell 

6 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Word

56 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I think it’d be folly to target those switching as a protest vote in an election that doesn’t actually do anything by keeping somebody like AC. What they need to do is promise a second referendum, which they’ve done. Labour remain the only party who actually have a chance of either softening or even stopping Brexit. If people are voting Lib Dem and Greens in the hope it’ll stop Brexit, they’re sadly mistaken. 

I think a lot of people who voted Lib Dem and Green in the European election were doing it in the hope it would force Labour to change their stance on Brexit.

Of course next time, they may look at what happened to Campbell, deduce that Labour is hostile to ideologically impure people like them, and then those voters may be lost to Labour in the longer term.

5 minutes ago, moof said:

It’s not really up for discussion then, is it? Rules are rules. If you go on tv in the build up to an election advertising to all and sundry that you’re going to vote against labour, that’s a breach of rules and an immediate expulsion. Nowt to do with Corbyn swinging the sword or anything like that. The disciplinary processes are quite clear, as far as I can tell 

The party rules aren't up for discussion, they’re crystal clear and Campbell knows them perfectly well. 

The discussion is whether you give him what he wants. 

Owen Smith crying the blues now. What a thoroughly bizarre fucking party. Nobody seems arsed in the slightest about improving the lives of people fucked over by the Tories, only about removing Corbyn by fair means or foul and defending anyone who tries to do the same, and turning Labour (back) into some liberal netherworld for people who would otherwise be Lib Dem but know they'd never get a job, or Tory but wouldn't feel comfortable admitting it at parties.

It's absolutely surrounded by people trying to shit its apparatus back away from members and into a vehicle purely for opposing Brexit. 

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog said:

Of course next time, they may look at what happened to Campbell, deduce that Labour is hostile to ideologically impure people like them, and then those voters may be lost to Labour in the longer term.

The over/under for this is about three.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It's absolutely surrounded by people trying to shit its apparatus back away from members and into a vehicle purely for opposing Brexit. 

The members are overwhelmingly opposed to Brexit, and have made that clear on numerous occasions. It's the leadership that has been thwarting them at every juncture.

32 minutes ago, Boss said:

Are they going to expel Tony Blair as well because he said the same thing?

Answers within 10 seconds that he voted Labour;

I don't normally agree with Blair but I actually thinks he speaks a lot of sense on the Brexit issue in that interview. 

2 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

The party rules aren't up for discussion, they’re crystal clear and Campbell knows them perfectly well. 

The discussion is whether you give him what he wants. 

Aye, that’s fair enough mate 

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Man who invented spin tactics goes on telly to say he voted Lib Dem and is promptly expelled by the Labour Party. 

Admiral Ackbar is sat on his garden lounger eating sardines and murmuring 'what the fuck?'

Haha