You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

31 minutes ago, Mudface said:

True, the Mail have historically been kind to the Labour party and its leaders.

You misunderstood, its not the attitude towards the labour leader it's the realization that there is a strong possibility Corbyn will win.

I repeat  the Brexit vote has been an ongoing disaster for the conservative party.

17 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

I can think of a very good reason why The Daily Mail would be in favour of Brexit. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-subsidies-idUSKCN1RE0W9

The mail seems to have softened it's stance on Brexit since Dacre left.

As for tax havens  it must be wonderful for you to live in a world where you're surrounded by good guys and the rest of the planet is inhabited by scoundrels. I'd also live to still believe in Disney films and father Christmas but alas

https://www.icij.org/investigations/luxembourg-leaks/seven-eu-countries-labeled-tax-havens-in-parliament-report/

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/labour-councillor-attacked-over-hitler-16095082

Labour councillor attacked over 'Hitler had the right idea, anyone got any gas canisters' post on Facebook

A Labour councillor is under fire after he appeared to post "Hitler had the right idea, anyone got any gas canisters?" in a Facebook discussion about travellers. Cllr Bob Murray gave "no comment" answers when the Local Democracy Reporting Service rang up to ask whether he was responsible for the post and whether he would be resigning his seat.

The comments on the Prestatyn councillor's account were condemned by his fellow ward councillor, who had started the thread to explain the council's "sensible response" to the arrival of a group of Travellers.

On 07/04/2019 at 07:51, Gnasher said:

You misunderstood, its not the attitude towards the labour leader it's the realization that there is a strong possibility Corbyn will win.

I repeat  the Brexit vote has been an ongoing disaster for the conservative party.

I repeat, the Brexit vote has been an ongoing boost for Fascists. 

A narrow Remain victory would also have deepened the Tory rift, but without giving encouragement to racists and without threatening to knacker the economy. 

I'm not sure why SD keeps posting things like his recent post , as per AoT's post the great majority of Corbyn supporters ( and Corbyn himself ) are glad to see racists and arseholes such as that councillor thrown out tout suite.

The issues we get annoyed with are lies and exaggerations made specifically to besmirch the party and particularly the leader, by people who usually have a separate agenda and usually spread in right-wing newspapers.

• Upvote 1

I think you are sure why he keeps posting this.

And his posts at least occasionally break the echo-chamberry pattern of someone sharing an anti-Corbyn or anti-Labour media article to be followed by the usual three to five whorracunt posts from fans before another article makes its way to the thread.  

Which makes the thread exceedingly predictable and pretty boring, instead of offering a lively debate on a very interesting period of UK politics.

2 hours ago, sir roger said:

I'm not sure why SD keeps posting things like his recent post , as per AoT's post the great majority of Corbyn supporters ( and Corbyn himself ) are glad to see racists and arseholes such as that councillor thrown out tout suite.

Every little helps, Roger.  If his eternal campaign on this thread can convince just one reader not to vote Labour, it's job done.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SasaS said:

I think you are sure why he keeps posting this.

And his posts at least occasionally break the echo-chamberry pattern of someone sharing an anti-Corbyn or anti-Labour media article to be followed by the usual three to five whorracunt posts from fans before another article makes its way to the thread.  

Which makes the thread exceedingly predictable and pretty boring, instead of offering a lively debate on a very interesting period of UK politics.

As somebody who has never been much of a Corbyn fan, and somebody who is generally pretty gobby, I have had friendly enough disagreements about politics with those 'echochamberists' you're referring to. We didn't even call each other cunts. The cunts.

Just now, TK421 said:

Every little helps, Roger.  If his eternal campaign on this thread can convince just one reader not to vote Labour, it's job done.  

I think he has every right to post it. I just don't know why he doesn't do the same with the LDs or Tories. It's a bit like when he criticises people for posting anti-Israel stuff but not mentioning something that happened in Syria or something, except the boot being on the other foot entirely. There's a word for it, but I can't quite remember what it is. 

Snarf.

49 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Yep, I'm sure it'll really make a difference in Liverpool constituencies, where Labour majorities are 30,000.

47 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I think he has every right to post it. I just don't know why he doesn't do the same with the LDs or Tories.

I promise that if a Lib Dem ever advocates the gassing of gypsies, I'll post something about it.

In the meantime I look forward to you all raising questions like this when people post negative stuff in the Lib Dem thread...

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

I promise that if a Lib Dem ever advocates the gassing of gypsies, I'll post something about it.

Yes. Just that one thing, though. It needs to be a word for word match, not just a compendium of criticisms posted about Labour and next to nothing about anybody else. C'mon now.

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

In the meantime I look forward to you all raising questions like this when people post negative stuff in the Lib Dem thread...

'You all'. I know it's way easier to imagine we're all one homogenous lump with the same view, but I don't support Labour or Corbyn, and I do regularly disagree with these guys on things and pick them up for things they say regardless of the parties if my opinion differs. 

This is all besides the point. You, of course, post criticisms and repost negative reports and points without doing the same thing. That's fine, I've got no issue with that. It just amuses me that you say the same thing about those posting about Israel, yet you do it yourself. It's just the opposite way. In light of your 'I'm never hypocritical' type posts, it made me have a eye-rolling chuckle. It's really not a big deal.