You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

10 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Interesting that Luciana Berger's 79.5% vote share is not down to personal popularity, but is due to her apparently riding on the coattails of Labour, while Diane Abbott's 75.1% vote share is because her constituents like her. Quite remarkable, in fact.

Disgraceful post. Sad!

Our messiah Jeremy is going to become pm. Then he's gonna smooth talk other countries into agreeing that a New World Order government be set up, then he's gonna be our world leader.

Then he's gonna resign, place Abbott there instead, and your post, along with all other criticism of Abbott on the intertubes, will be removed.

The thing about the ‘yeah, but her constituents like her’ line is that not only am I not one of her constituents, but I don’t have to agree with her constituents. Just like I don’t agree with May’s constituents, or Boris’s, or Mogg, or anybody else. I might be wrong, or they might, but them liking her or not doesn’t really prove much. 

So, to sum up:

You can’t be racist against a white person in this country. 

You're a good egg if your constituents vote you in as an MP, unless you’re a Tory or an MP who doesn’t like Corbyn. In that case the constituents are cunts.

People vote personally for MPs like Abbott who are great, but cunts like Chuka and Berger are only voted for because they run on the Labour ticket.

People wouldn’t vote for someone like Abbott for nearly 30 years unless she was great, but they would vote for someone like Mike Gapes for almost 20 years. Even though Gapes is a cunt obviously.

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, moof said:

Do you honestly think people would vote for the same MP for 30 years if they thought she was a shit cunt?

9 minutes ago, Hank Moody said:

The thing about the ‘yeah, but her constituents like her’ line is that not only am I not one of her constituents, but I don’t have to agree with her constituents. Just like I don’t agree with May’s constituents, or Boris’s, or Mogg, or anybody else. I might be wrong, or they might, but them liking her or not doesn’t really prove much. 

4 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

So, to sum up:

You can’t be racist against a white person in this country. 

Yep

You're a good egg if your constituents vote you in as an MP, unless you’re a Tory or an MP who doesn’t like Corbyn. In that case the constituents are cunts.

Nope, nobody made a value judgement on whether that makes an MP a “good egg”

People vote personally for MPs like Abbott who are great, but cunts like Chuka and Berger are only voted for because they run on the Labour ticket.

Shrug, I’d like to see that theory tested, they should stand in a by-election

People wouldn’t vote for someone like Abbott for nearly 30 years unless she was great, but they would vote for someone like Mike Gapes for almost 20 years. Even though Gapes is a cunt obviously.

Nope, nobody said that. Maybe his constituents think he’s doing a good job. 

What a pile of wank you’ve just posted

21 minutes ago, Hank Moody said:

Disagree. What’s your line of thinking here, mate?

Essentially that racism requires some historical context. There’s no history of whites being systemically oppressed in this country. White people can’t experience actual, structural racism - so any comments based on their skin colour is ultimately benign. 

• Downvote 1

I joke about it, but the "you can't be racist against white people" notion is a bit sinister. In fact, it goes some way to explaining Labour's antisemitism problem. Because Jews are "white" in their book - witness Andrew Murray's assertion that Hitler is only hated so much because his victims were white - and if you can't be racist against white people, you can't be racist against Jews.

I just hope I live long enough to see rabid identity politics consigned to the dustbin of history.

4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

I joke about it, but the "you can't be racist against white people" notion is a bit sinister. In fact, it goes some way to explaining Labour's antisemitism problem. Because Jews are "white" in their book - witness Andrew Murray's assertion that Hitler is only hated so much because his victims were white - and if you can't be racist against white people, you can't be racist against Jews.

I just hope I live long enough to see rabid identity politics consigned to the dustbin of history.

Did no one tell him about Roma?

Is racism defined only by having a different skin colour? 

I’m sure far right people don’t particularly hate the colours black or brown. Sure they drink coffee.

Was the tribal slaughtering Rwanda classed as racist violence or because they were both black tribal? I don’t know the answer.

7 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

What a dirty fucking insinuation