You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Just put me on ignore you mewling quim 

ha ha just wish I was as good or clever as you.  Imagine the power that would bring!!! Or not as the case may be. I await your Pulitzer Prize nomination for services to trade magazines. 

This guy is just a prick. Not in a ‘call a guy a cunt on the internet’ type of way, but an actual twat with an inferiority complex. 

• Upvote 1

I've been thinking about the Laura Murray secondment rumour and I'm struggling to get past the Alan Partridge shrug gif.

EITHER 

She was never offered the job. Maybe someone thought about it and decided against it, but someone misspoke in front of a hack.  In which case

*shrug*

OR

Someone is making shit up.  Again. In which case 

*shrug*

OR

She was offered the job and decided not to take it. In which case 

*shrug*

OR

She is going to be seconded and, like millions of people around the world who have been seconded from one part of an organisation to another, she'll focus on the new job and have nothing to do with her substantive department.  In which case 

*shrug*

OR

She is going to be seconded, but will report back to the Leader's Office.  In which case, all the usual nobheads who have spent three years whining that Corbyn doesn’t do enough to combat anti-Semitism in the Labour Party will do a 180 and start whining that he's getting too involved. 

*eye-roll.. resigned sigh... shrug"

Add the EHRC to the list...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47482048

The Labour Party may have unlawfully discriminated against Jewish people, the UK's human rights watchdog says.

The Equalities and Human Rights Commission said it was considering launching a formal investigation into anti-Semitism in the party.

The EHRC will now write to the party to give it an opportunity to respond.

So Guardian are still at it every single day with anti-Semitism top of front page. Corbyn staff "asked to be copied in on complaints" hit the top last night after they'd done so well most of the day too.

Remember I mentioned Jewish Labour Movement meeting yesterday to decide whether to stay in Labour or leave? Well they were fine with reporting about them meeting and going through a load of negative shit at the same time here, (with the link title being "margaret-hodge-corbyn-misled-me-over-antisemitism-labour", ok.) but what happened after they voted to stay in last night? Well they just didn't report it, not interesting enough.

But what would've happened if they'd voted to leave? Well I think we know the answer to that one quite easily.

12 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

So Guardian are still at it every single day with anti-Semitism top of front page. Corbyn staff "asked to be copied in on complaints" hit the top last night after they'd done so well most of the day too.

Remember I mentioned Jewish Labour Movement meeting yesterday to decide whether to stay in Labour or leave? Well they were fine with reporting about them meeting and going through a load of negative shit at the same time here, (with the link title being "margaret-hodge-corbyn-misled-me-over-antisemitism-labour", ok.) but what happened after they voted to stay in last night? Well they just didn't report it, not interesting enough.

But what would've happened if they'd voted to leave? Well I think we know the answer to that one quite easily.

They didn't write a prominently placed separate article about it, but they did at least report it in the UK Politics Live section. Under

Jewish Labour Movement members back retaining their links to Labour

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2019/mar/06/brexit-latest-news-pmqs-mays-offer-to-protect-workers-right-dismissed-as-worthless-by-labour-and-unions-politics-live?page=with:block-5c803eace4b016d234256b4e#block-5c803eace4b016d234256b4e

Maybe because there will be another vote in April.

"But the vote was only informal. JLM members will hold a binding vote at its annual general meeting next month on whether the group should end its 99-year association with the Labour Party. "

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/jewish-labour-movement-votes-to-stay-affiliated-to-labour-for-another-month-1.481077

• Upvote 1

If we're now implying that investigations alone are proof of guilt and wrongdoing, I'd be bloody well ashamed to publicly support a party that enables and covers up for paedophiles.

The Liberal Noncecrats. 

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/inquiry-investigate-liberal-party-helped-15919282

• Downvote 1

If this EHRC investigation goes against Labour, can't they just attack the authors of any associated report and describe their findings as “hostile, mendacious and slanted”

Or, is it just UN war crimes investigations that you can do that with?.... 

In other news, there have been several recent disturbing attempts to redefine what antisemitism is. Hodge trying to conflate anti-zionism with antisemitism. And a few others, including Joan Ryan and Siobhain McDonagh, arguing that to be anti-capitalist is inherently antisemitic. How does any of this help the justified tackling of real antisemitism? Doesn't such twisting of the term risk people feeling resentful and shrugging off future claims of antisemitism, akin to the boy who cried wolf fable? 

On the former point, see a good read below:

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2019/mar/07/debunking-myth-that-anti-zionism-is-antisemitic

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

If this EHRC investigation goes against Labour, can't they just attack the authors of any associated report and describe their findings as “hostile, mendacious and slanted”

Or, is it just UN war crimes investigations that you can do that with?.... 

In other news, there have been several recent disturbing attempts to redefine what antisemitism is. Hodge trying to conflate anti-zionism with antisemitism. And a few others, including Joan Ryan and Siobhain McDonagh, arguing that to be anti-capitalist is inherently antisemitic. How does any of this help the justified tackling of real antisemitism? Doesn't such twisting of the term risk people feeling resentful and shrugging off future claims of antisemitism, akin to the boy who cried wolf fable? 

On the former point, see a good read below:

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2019/mar/07/debunking-myth-that-anti-zionism-is-antisemitic

Wish you linked to that one instead, would have been a more interesting read.

This plays in very nicely to the “antisemitism crisis” narrative, but announcing there “maybe” evidence of unlawful discrimination against Jews by Labour before even conducting an investigation seems irresponsible and unhelpful, to say the least. Is there any genuine basis for that claim? 

I look forward to the enquiries into the Windrush scandal, one amongst many human rights abuses carried out according to this government’s policies

6 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Then just pay them. 

Yawn.

I've paid subs in the past, I'll undoubtedly pay them at some point in the future.

The decision as to whether I do or not, however, is not within your remit.

Does that make you angry?

Does telling people what to do make you feel good about yourself?

Does it give you some kind of gratification that compensates for a lack of affection elsewhere in your life?

Or are you really just a very boring person?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SasaS said:

They didn't write a prominently placed separate article about it, but they did at least report it in the UK Politics Live section. Under

Jewish Labour Movement members back retaining their links to Labour

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2019/mar/06/brexit-latest-news-pmqs-mays-offer-to-protect-workers-right-dismissed-as-worthless-by-labour-and-unions-politics-live?page=with:block-5c803eace4b016d234256b4e#block-5c803eace4b016d234256b4e

Maybe because there will be another vote in April.

"But the vote was only informal. JLM members will hold a binding vote at its annual general meeting next month on whether the group should end its 99-year association with the Labour Party. "

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/jewish-labour-movement-votes-to-stay-affiliated-to-labour-for-another-month-1.481077

Cheers for link, was wondering if they'd mentioned it elsewhere. Will be interesting to see if they make an article on the main vote in april as well.

Erm, what?

A former Sunderland mayor and senior councillor has been suspended from the Labour Party pending an investigation. It is understood that Coun Stuart Porthouse – a cabinet member on Sunderland City Council – has been suspended after sharing an interview from ex-Labour MP, George Galloway, on social media. Mr Galloway spoke to Sky News last month, defending the Labour leadership over complaints around anti-Semitism within the party.

Read more at: https://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/politics/former-mayor-of-sunderland-suspended-from-labour-party-over-sharing-facebook-post-1-9637111

3 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Erm, what?

A former Sunderland mayor and senior councillor has been suspended from the Labour Party pending an investigation. It is understood that Coun Stuart Porthouse – a cabinet member on Sunderland City Council – has been suspended after sharing an interview from ex-Labour MP, George Galloway, on social media. Mr Galloway spoke to Sky News last month, defending the Labour leadership over complaints around anti-Semitism within the party.

Read more at: https://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/politics/former-mayor-of-sunderland-suspended-from-labour-party-over-sharing-facebook-post-1-9637111

If it's purely for sharing the post, what the actual fuck?