You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

1 minute ago, El Rojo said:

Wouldn’t mind some of this action myself. Maybe a commune type thing? Group showers in the morning to conserve water etc?

You can come as well. Hades can stay though, if he came we will have another Jonestown on our hands.

I'm giving. 

• Upvote 1

It’s honestly absolutely baffling how people can perceive things so laughably wrong.  I don’t know if it’s the time that’s passed or just being disingenuous because it suits your opinion.  The idea that media caused the tories to lose votes at the last general election is possibly the most stupid thing I’ve ever read on here and I used to read Strontium dog fuckers posts.

Theresa May cost the tories votes because she’s a raging fucking imbecile.  Corbyn basically had the vast majority of the PLP against him.  Backed up by the liberal and right wing media coalition he should never have stood a chance.  Labour got so many votes on sheer policy alone.  People with a brain and empathy are fucking sick to death of the country being run for the elite few.  The myth that the tories are good for the middle classes is well and truly smashed to pieces.

I take issue with the thing about people not liking “the democracy of Corbyn being challenged with a vote of no confidence.”  That’s complete nonsense.  What people weren’t happy with was the fucking gobshites in the PLP trying to keep him off the ballot because they didn’t like his left wing policies and lowly members actually getting a say.  It was a disgusting affront to democracy if anything.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Guest said:

It’s honestly absolutely baffling how people can perceive things so laughably wrong.  I don’t know if it’s the time that’s passed or just being disingenuous because it suits your opinion.  The idea that media caused the tories to lose votes at the last general election is possibly the most stupid thing I’ve ever read on here and I used to read Strontium dog fuckers posts.

Theresa May cost the tories votes because she’s a raging fucking imbecile.  Corbyn basically had the vast majority of the PLP against him.  Backed up by the liberal and right wing media coalition he should never have stood a chance.  Labour got so many votes on sheer policy alone.  People with a brain and empathy are fucking sick to death of the country being run for the elite few.  The myth that the tories are good for the middle classes is well and truly smashed to pieces.

I take issue with the thing about people not liking “the democracy of Corbyn being challenged with a vote of no confidence.”  That’s complete nonsense.  What people weren’t happy with was the fucking gobshites in the PLP trying to keep him off the ballot because they didn’t like his left wing policies and lowly members actually getting a say.  It was a disgusting affront to democracy if anything.

Retro 

3 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Just had a notification saying Labour will back a second referendum.

The press release fully supports the motion as passed at conference

The full release reads:

Sent: 25 February 2019 17:27
To: Labour Party Press Office press@labour.org.uk
Subject: NEWS FROM LABOUR: Labour to table amendment to make its credible alternative plan the UK’s Brexit negotiating position

Labour to table amendment to make its credible alternative plan the UK’s Brexit negotiating position

Jeremy Corbyn MP, Leader of the Labour Party, will tomorrow (Tuesday 26 February) seek to enshrine Labour’s five Brexit demands in law by tabling an amendment to the government’s Brexit motion.

Labour’s amendment would force the government to make its credible alternative plan the Government’s negotiating objectives.Labour’s five demands for the Brexit deal are:

· A permanent and comprehensive customs union with the EU;
· close alignment with the Single Market underpinned by shared institutions and obligations;
· dynamic alignment on rights and protections;
· commitments on participation in EU agencies and funding programmes, including in areas such as the environment, education, and industrial regulation; and
· unambiguous agreements on the detail of future security arrangements, including access to the European Arrest Warrant and vital shared databases.

Jeremy Corbyn will tell a meeting of Labour’s Parliamentary Labour Party this evening that the party will back the Cooper-Letwin amendment to take ‘No Deal’ off the table and announce that Labour will also put forward or support an amendment in favour of a public vote to prevent a damaging Tory Brexit.

Speaking at tonight’s meeting of the Parliamentary Labour Party, Jeremy Corbyn MP, Leader of the Labour Party, will say:

“The Prime Minister is recklessly running down the clock, in an attempt to force MPs to choose between her botched deal and a disastrous No Deal. We cannot and will not accept.

“Last week, after our visit to talk to EU officials and leaders in Brussels and Madrid, no one can be in any doubt Labour’s alternative Brexit plan is serious and credible. We are convinced our alternative, which puts jobs and living standards first, could command support in the House of Commons, bring people who voted Leave and Remain together, and be negotiated with the EU.

“That’s why we will be putting down an amendment in parliament this week setting out Labour’s plan: for a comprehensive customs union with a UK say; close alignment with the single market; guarantees on rights and standards; protection for Britain’s role in EU agencies; and a security agreement which guarantees access to the European arrest warrant and vital shared databases. And we will be calling for legislation to underpin this mandate.

“We will also be backing the Cooper-Letwin amendment to rule out a No Deal outcome. One way or another, we will do everything in our power to prevent No Deal and oppose a damaging Tory Brexit based on Theresa May’s overwhelmingly rejected deal.

“That’s why, in line with our conference policy, we are committed to also putting forward or supporting an amendment in favour of a public vote to prevent a damaging Tory Brexit being forced on the country.”

Ends

4 minutes ago, RedBadger said:

Thanks for the introduction, I don't get on here that often now so I'd forgotten how some posters can be.  It really seems a bit childish to me but each to his own.

Childish doesn't even break the skin of the water. He is a tory who looks like Gemma Collins. 

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, RedBadger said:

Thanks for the introduction, I don't get on here that often now so I'd forgotten how some posters can be.  It really seems a bit childish to me but each to his own.

You know what really is childish? Throwing shade at someone without giving a reason. If you disagree with a point I've made, have the fucking basic decency to at least say why.

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog said:

You know what really is childish? Throwing shade at someone without giving a reason. If you disagree with a point I've made, have the fucking basic decency to at least say why.

He took issue with you going back and negging a post from 2009 you sad pathetic twat 

57 minutes ago, RedBadger said:

Haha did you just find my post from 2009 to return a "neg" ?  Man that's fucking childish 

Look, he even rep;red to you. But as is consistent with you, you chose to ignore it because it made you look like a right waldorf salad. 

2 hours ago, Boss said:

That's the thing, you want democracy but only when it suits you.

Interesting opening gambit.  Let's see where this goes...

You didn't like democracy when the MP's unanimously voted for no confidence in Jeremy Corbyn.

In a democratic party, the members choose the Leader;  the choice of hundreds of thousands of members is worth more than that of a couple of hundred MPs.  When MPs forced a leadership election in 2016, the members decided who they wanted.

You didn't like democracy when the people of the country voted for Brexit.

Do you think the Leave campaign - with its "dishonesty on an industrial scale" and its various breaches of electoral law - was an exemplar of democracy at its finest?  Do you think a 51.9/48.1 split represents "the will of the people"?  Do you think that every one of the 51.9% voted for either May's deal or No Deal?  Do you think being unhappy with the result of an election means that I don't respect democracy?  (By that logic, anybody who dislikes the Tory Government is an enemy of Democracy and shut just shut up and fall in line behind Theresa May.)  That referendum was an absolute shitshow; an affront to democracy.  Claiming that I don't like democracy on the grounds that I don't support Brexit is a bit like claiming that I don't fancy women on the grounds that I refuse to fuck the rotting corpse of Bella Emberg.

It's transparent where your allegiance lies 

Does having allegiance to a set of political principles mean I'm anti-democratic?  (Answer: obviously not. Only a fuckwit would imagine that.)  I have allegiances to certain principles; one of those, obviously, is democracy.  

when you're sticking up for people like Derek Hatton

I have never stuck up for Derek Hatton.  I don't know who would qualify as "people like Derek Hatton".

and going to Momentum meetings.

Meeting.  I attended one meeting organised by Momentum.  Contrary to the Wolfie Smith/Billy Bragg image I like to portray here, I'm really not an activist.  I'm an inactivist.

Not that I have a problem with any of that. Quite right too if that's what you believe. 

How jolly decent of you to concede that.

But let's not pretend that it's about democracy.

Allowing members of the Labour Party a greater say in the decision-making of the Labour Party is absolutely about democracy.  How could it be about anything else?

It's about taking back control of the Labour Party.

It's about ending the centralised control-freakery of the  New Labour era and devolving control to the party members.

That's what it's actually about.

That's what it's actually about.

Genuinely epic wrongness in that post.  It's almost admirable the way you managed to cram so much wrongness in one post.  You are the Homer or Milton of wrongness.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

I'm talking about the neg he gave me you plonker.

Just like the 4 negs you have given me in the last 20 minutes without a reason why? Hahahaha. More hypocrisy. You are a parody of yourself. I'm actually laughing at you. Hahahahaha 

5 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Which is exactly what you did to me you.  Grow up it's a childish negging.  i actually thought it was funny that someone that I assumed was an adult took it so seriously but don't you dare comment on my basic decency dick head.  Put your dummy back in,  I'm sorry if I offended you but I'm not getting into a spat with a child no matter how old they are. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Just like the 4 negs you have given me in the last 20 minutes without a reason why? Hahahaha. More hypocrisy. You are a parody of yourself. I'm actually laughing at you. Hahahahaha 

No hypocrisy, you know exactly why I did it. You negged me. I negged you back. I negged you again for insulting me. You gave me three revenge negs (guess it's you who's the hypocrite, then). I negged you two more time.

Congratulations on turning yet another thread into a shit-flinging disaster.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog said:

No hypocrisy, you know exactly why I did it. You negged me. I negged you back. I negged you again for insulting me. You gave me three revenge negs (guess it's you who's the hypocrite, then). I negged you two more time.

Congratulations on turning yet another thread into a shit-flinging disaster.

Simple question here (I know you struggle with them). Did you neg me without saying why? Yes or No 

1 minute ago, RedBadger said:

Which is exactly what you did to me you.  Grow up it's a childish negging.  i actually thought it was funny that someone that I assumed was an adult took it so seriously but don't you dare comment on my basic decency dick head.  Put your dummy back in,  I'm sorry if I offended you but I'm not getting into a spat with a child no matter how old they are. 

No, don't you dare try to take the moral highground.

How about explaining what your problem with the phrase "Congratulations to everyone who kept up the pressure on the Labour leadership for so many months" is? You know, like an ADULT would do.

• Upvote 1