You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

6 hours ago, Hank Moody said:

Did she do something?

19 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Isn’t it more that they offered to talk through their differences and other people accused them of grooming?  A pretty slanderous thing to say as Anubis would agree. 

It was quite possibly the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen on Twitter, and that's saying something.

Basically someone responded to Oberman who was talking about anti-Semitism saying they hadn't seen any or it was a smear or such like, when she responded this person said she was a 16 year old who suffered from anxiety and she was instigating a pile on, in my view if you are old enough to go on Twitter and get involved in a debate you can't then throw your age and the fact you suffer from anxiety around. No one made her get involved. But whatever, some people see it differently as bullying so fair enough, that's their prerogative.

The ridiculous part was when Oberman offered to meet her and buy her a coffee to discuss the issues people started accusing her of grooming a child and tagging the Met into tweets about her. Crazy stuff.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

It was quite possibly the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen on Twitter, and that's saying something.

Basically someone responded to Oberman who was talking about anti-Semitism saying they hadn't seen any or it was a smear or such like, when she responded this person said she was a 16 year old who suffered from anxiety and she was instigating a pile on, in my view if you are old enough to go on Twitter and get involved in a debate you can't then throw your age and the fact you suffer from anxiety around. No one made her get involved. But whatever, some people see it differently as bullying so fair enough, that's their prerogative.

The ridiculous part was when Oberman offered to meet her and buy her a coffee to discuss the issues people started accusing her of grooming a child and tagging the Met into tweets about her. Crazy stuff.

It was strange to watch, and as we’ve seen there’s been damage done to her reputation.  She did warn people she was going to sue if they retweeted.  Lots of large pro-Corbyn accounts obviously.  

44 minutes ago, Hank Moody said:

Also, the obligatory TLW...

Riley can groom me. 

Here’s the medium article. It’s not grooming, but when your offer has been declined and you’ve been told your persistence is causing somebody increasing problems, and still you persist and persist with your actions, then it becomes something more insidious than a simple offer to meet for coffee, and more akin to sly bullying. She should have just backed off.

I thought we’d all learnt something from the mental health thread. Maybe not.

https://medium.com/@shaunjlawson/beneath-contempt-how-tracy-ann-oberman-and-rachel-riley-harassed-dogpiled-and-slandered-a-22663fe709e

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Here’s the medium article. It’s not grooming, but when your offer has been declined and you’ve been told your persistence is causing somebody increasing problems, and still you persist and persist with your actions, then it becomes something more insidious than a simple offer to meet for coffee, and more akin to sly bullying. She should have just backed off.

https://medium.com/@shaunjlawson/beneath-contempt-how-tracy-ann-oberman-and-rachel-riley-harassed-dogpiled-and-slandered-a-22663fe709e

Block - game over.  

24 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Fucking hell, now there’s a balanced article if I ever saw one!  

The shit about her GCSEs and what a strong young woman she is is very obviously someone smugly labouring an oh so clever in-joke with her mates, in a way she thinks she can’t be collared for.

I always thought cocaine was the best example of a thing which makes everyone behave like more of a cunt, but it’s almost certainly becoming too invested in being seen to win online arguments.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dr Nowt said:

The shit about her GCSEs and what a strong young woman she is is very obviously someone smugly labouring an oh so clever in-joke with her mates, in a way she thinks she can’t be collared for.

I always thought cocaine was the best example of a thing which makes everyone behave like more of a cunt, but it’s almost certainly becoming too invested in being seen to win online arguments with strangers.

Disagree. You cunt.

Just now, Sugar Ape said:

Disagree. You cunt.

I for one am outraged at the low behaviour you’ve stooped to in bullying a disabled, but also laughing at how much I’ve made you fume.

And in case you don’t realise how much I’m laughing at you, I’ll write it out.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.