You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

13 minutes ago, magicrat said:

How then is now widely perceived that Labour have sided with the Palestinians against Israel which is now blown up in a full scale antisemitic shit storm ? 

I believe it’s because Corbyn is the leader, and it looks like it’s something he’s quite passionate about. There are plenty of Labour MPs who are pro Israel e.g., Ian Austin, Joan Ryan, Chuka Ummuna, Margaret Hodge, Luciana Berger,

13 minutes ago, magicrat said:

How then is now widely perceived that Labour have sided with the Palestinians against Israel which is now blown up in a full scale antisemitic shit storm ?  I am not saying it's correct but I'm at a loss as to how they let things get so bad in respect to a non core issue. Media doesn't help but it should have never got to this point. 

It's all a distraction. Tom Silent Disco Watson asked for some of Corbyn's sprouts from his allotment when he was hungry one day but Corbyn had ran out. Watson didn't believe him so he decided to use Labour Friends of Israel to bring down the entire party from within. Media won't speak out on it because they don't want people getting ideas about growing their own veg.

2 hours ago, Strontium Dog said:

How should I know? Do I look like his official biographer?

No.  You look like someone who went along with the daft idea the he's a Communist.

That's a fuck of a lot of assuming you've packed in to try to justify your daft post about Galloway.  And still you didn't quite succeed.  Never mind.  You know, we all go off half-cocked from time to time.  It's no big deal to just admit that you posted something daft.  It's certainly a lot easier than the lengths you go to to try to defend stuff.

(Incidentally, I'm no fan of Galloway; not by a long stretch.  I wouldn't be gutted if he were prevented from joining the party.)

5 hours ago, stringvest said:

Is he fuck a communist.  He's an wideboy and an opportunist. He's every bit as bad as the likes of Philip Green.  He doesn't care who he has to fuck over, or how much bullshit he has to peddle, in order to get what he wants.  He's a cynical cunt who misled the naive, the plain thick and the hopeless to further his personal ambition.  He's the left's Boris Johnson. 

Come on, when did he gazump yer?

And, I see that Rachel Riley and Oberman are threatening a 17 year old girl on Twitter this time, via their solicitor, threatening legal action. 

Because that's how you carry out pre-action protocol shit, not your standard letter before action, but do it all on Twitter. Because you don't foresee that your blind followers will pile on and harass ANOTHER young woman. 

Utter scumbags. 

19 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

And, I see that Rachel Riley and Oberman are threatening a 17 year old girl on Twitter this time, via their solicitor, threatening legal action. 

Because that's how you carry out pre-action protocol shit, not your standard letter before action, but do it all on Twitter. Because you don't foresee that your blind followers will pile on and harass ANOTHER young woman. 

Utter scumbags. 

Did she do something?

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

No.  You look like someone who went along with the daft idea the he's a Communist.

That's a fuck of a lot of assuming you've packed in to try to justify your daft post about Galloway.  And still you didn't quite succeed.  Never mind.  You know, we all go off half-cocked from time to time.  It's no big deal to just admit that you posted something daft.  It's certainly a lot easier than the lengths you go to to try to defend stuff.

(Incidentally, I'm no fan of Galloway; not by a long stretch.  I wouldn't be gutted if he were prevented from joining the party.)

You can't be that foolish as to not think he was a communist, can you? 

What evidence do you need? Does the wall to wall Soviet Communist posters at Militant HQ not give it away? Maybe the fact that the magazine was in red, black & white or that they were called "Militant", or that they followed exactly the same infiltration techniques laid out by Trotsky to join larger organisations and steer them towards Leninism, or that he was expelled for being a radical.

1 minute ago, Scooby Dudek said:

The Militant were expelled for being an organisation within the labour party, their policies were not the reasons for their expulsion. The leadership, NEC etc made a point of stating that their policies were not the reason for their expulsions. 

He was expelled because Militant were in breach of the Labour Party's constitution. 

37 minutes ago, Hank Moody said:

Did she do something?

It would appear to link to an article by Shaun Lawson, when Oberman sent about 60 tweets to a 16 year old girl with anxiety issues who asked to be left alone. 

The solicitor is tweeting loads of people who have shared that article and threatening them with legal action. 

38 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

The Militant were expelled for being an organisation within the labour party, their policies were not the reasons for their expulsion. The leadership, NEC etc made a point of stating that their policies were not the reason for their expulsions. 

Think about that for a second. Militants policy was to set up an organisation within Labour. They were expelled for setting up an organisation within Labour. So how has Militant's policies got nothing to do with their expulsion? 

3 hours ago, A Red said:

Singling out Jews around the world to denounce Israel is anti-semitic, it is implying a responsibility to them and potentially stirring up hatred against them for the actions of a country over which they have no control. It doesnt matter, in my opinion, whether it is a Jewish state or not.

Israel is not acting in the name of Judaism any more than Saudi is in the name of Islam. Singling out Muslims around the world for the actions of a government, Saudi e.g, over which they have no control, is anti islamic. It is implying blame and potentially stirs up hatred.

ISIS is a different matter, it does act in the name of Islam and the message spread via its religious teachers. Not all obviously.

I’d suggest it’s bigoted more than anti-Semitic. It falls under the same kind of semantics as “all you blacks” or ‘all you Asians” and casts people as a collective rather than responsible individuals.

if he had said all you horrible Jewish cunts, then that would be both bigoted and anti-Semitic.

6 hours ago, mattyq said:

He's a grade A bellend and shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the Labour Party.

Good friends with a certain fat bastard bluenose Mayor by all accounts

I'm Irish so excuse any ignorance but saying that a left leaning politician shouldn't be allowed near the Labour party is exactly what is wrong with ENGLISH politics IMO. There are barely 3 parties represented in parliament in England so if someone definitely does not agree with the policies of the other 2 then he has no home to go to.

The point I'm trying to make is that it is bananas that approx 55 million people are represented by 2 parties +6 Lib-Dems. It's as bad as the situation in the US. 

How is 1st past the post still a thing in a modern country? A party needs to be virtually all encompassing if only 2 of them represent the will of a huge diverse population. If 1st past the post existed Labour would probably split into at least 3 parties and Cornyn would be in a Left leaning party. He wouldn't be accused of being a fucking "commie" by a lot of his party because his party would be generally aligned with his policies. 

How the Republicans in US and Tories in UK have managed to keep the uber rich, the ultra-religious and the dirt poor uneducated S×n-reading, Fox-watching population together is a fucking magic trick.

Introduce a PR system in the UK and surely elected officials will more often represent their constituents and a more diverse but open discussion takes place. 

God help you, if he exists obviously, getting a coalition to govern though. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, A Red said:

Singling out Jews around the world to denounce Israel is anti-semitic, it is implying a responsibility to them and potentially stirring up hatred against them for the actions of a country over which they have no control. It doesnt matter, in my opinion, whether it is a Jewish state or not.

Israel is not acting in the name of Judaism any more than Saudi is in the name of Islam. Singling out Muslims around the world for the actions of a government, Saudi e.g, over which they have no control, is anti islamic. It is implying blame and potentially stirs up hatred.

ISIS is a different matter, it does act in the name of Islam and the message spread via its religious teachers. Not all obviously.

say for example a British or US celebrity was asked on French tv in 2003 what he thought of the Iraq war and he responded nuetrally, or that he didn't care, or it was none of his business, or that he wasn't a politician, or that it wasn't his decision so hey-ho fuck it. If the show's host disagreed with this opinion, referencing the killing of innocent millions including children. 

Would anyone sane on earth think that the interviewer was racist against British, or anti-American. Or would they think that he had a fucking point

Feels like the entire political spectrum is fucked. Has humanity ever had to sift through so much bullshit. There's is so much news, so much of it false or conspiracy but each of it finds a home with somebody and is backed to the hilt regardless. We've a billion different echo chambers and more tribalised opinions than ever.  We are all guilty of it.

Even the big news outlets fill their media with mostly celebrity gossip and bullshit headlines with dishonest journalism. How the fuck do you find or even recognise the truth when you do. It's only going to get worse. People's lives can be ruined over a stupid tweet they made as a teenager or even now if it's taken out of context because even context doesn't matter anymore and theres no forgiveness just outrage, no recognising that we have all said something that could be percieved far worse but in no way reflects the real content of our character. Just some of the shit we have all written on here... joking around! would ruin half of us taken out of the context of what this sites humour can be like.

We will never find solutions to very important issues because everything is fragmented and each fragment is too busy damning the other with made up or very selective statistics. Its the age of bullshit.

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Utter scumbags. 

DzJeCkYW0AA1R_L?format=jpg&name=small