You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

9 minutes ago, The Guest said:

The whole of it is my opinion, obviously.  My point which I think you still don’t get on the general election was that you can’t force May or the tories to have one.  If they want one then obviously they will get one because that’s what labour want as well.  If they don’t want one then this new group would not back a vote of no confidence to trigger an election because it would see them ousted from parliament.  This is even though it would likely lead to a softer Brexit than the tories are pushing for.  The reason for that is the chance there would be a labour government.

I know you can’t force May to have one. If more Tories defect though then I think it’s a very real possibility that she will call one. It’ll force her hand, she can’t get anything through parliament as it is. Losing the fragile majority she’s got with the DUP may mean she’s got little option but to call it.

It’ll also be interesting to see what the polling does now some Tories have moved over. Will they take any of the Tory vote share with them?

31 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I don't know if that poll is accurate or not, but I definitely personally know a few people who have been polled by YouGov and indicated a willingness to take part in future polls but have never been contacted by YouGov again once they've revealed that they're an unfaltering Labour voter. 

Sky Data poll gives 32 c / 26 l / 10 ind / 9 ld.

Although that may not mean much for the new group long term.

48 minutes ago, Turkish Delight said:

YouGov poll this morning has the Tories on 38%, Labour on 26% and Independent Group on 14%.

If a general election happens they'll get a massive majority now due to this split.

YouGov polls have form for artificially boosting the Tories. 

I doubt there's a single constituency  (except maybe the one where wotsername, Rico's mate, sits) that would return any of these twerps.

21 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Wow. What an inspiring speech by Heidi Allen, on how she's going to stand up for the downtrodden members of our society who have to rely on the welfare system of the country. 

That's me sold... 

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/25348/heidi_allen/south_cambridgeshire/votes

Screenshot_20190220_133531_com.android.chrome.jpg

I've met her a few times as she does a lot of cross bench work.

I'm yet to find out what she actually feels about anything as she's so slippery and noncommital.

She had some weird, for me anyway, views on feminism and said that Diane Abbot should 'man up' and take the racist and sexist abouse on twitter. Absolutely no compassion.

She's a strange fish.

6 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Travelling hundreds of miles to harass a heavily pregnant Jewish woman is the most Galloway thing ever.

2 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Did he travel solely for that purpose?

And did he harass her?

And is there any relevance to her being pregnant? Or Jewish? Or a woman?

And is there precedent for this that would make it "the most Galloway thing ever"?

11 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Of course he never. It's the usual dishonest level of debate from that particular poster. 

7 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

The FACT that Luciana is in London and George is in Liverpool, makes the assumption that George travelled hundreds of miles to harass her ludicrous. 

Obviously, as is the case with all of this, I await the evidence to back up the slander.

7 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

And did he harass her?

And is there any relevance to her being pregnant? Or Jewish? Or a woman?

And is there precedent for this that would make it "the most Galloway thing ever"?

I knew the answer. I just wanted to see how Mr Accuracy and Honesty would answer.

Will we receive an acknowledgement that he is wrong?

54 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

I know you can’t force May to have one. If more Tories defect though then I think it’s a very real possibility that she will call one. It’ll force her hand, she can’t get anything through parliament as it is. Losing the fragile majority she’s got with the DUP may mean she’s got little option but to call it.

It’ll also be interesting to see what the polling does now some Tories have moved over. Will they take any of the Tory vote share with them?

Maybe,  just maybe the new GIMPs might just pull a flanker and vote WITH the government to prop May up ? A GE would likely see them lose their seats, so in keeping with their shameless careerism, maybe a volte  face shouldn't be so surprising ?

12 minutes ago, Brownie said:

I honesty don’t know why any of you even bother with the likes of SD. He’s just a troll who should be universally ignored.

You are utterly clueless.

Galloway is what he is. If it doesn't bother you, fine, but don't deny it.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Captain Howdy said:

I don’t get this independent thing tbh, by definition you can’t have a group of independents, what is their collective goal,  what is there vision ? it seems to me that they haven’t thought this through unless there is some grand plan that I’m not aware of. 

I'd imagine their grand plan largely revolves around the accumulation of money and shameless self-promotion. Just a wild guess.

• Upvote 5