You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

7 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

An eighth one has jumped, Joan Ryan (sadly she shares a name with my late aunt who was a good person)! Citing anti-Jewish racism in her case!

I still don't buy it!

I've just read her biography, expenses cheat, and a nasty piece of work, seems like Frank Field (another former LINO)!

She's the LFI bod who was filmed at the party conference in Liverpool, talking funding with a bloke from the Israeli Embassy.

21 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

So, say, Ann Coffey. She’s not more of an asset than Deggsy?  

It scares me how blinkered politics makes someone.  No jokes, no piss taking, no reality. 

Ann Coffey wasn't mentioned in the quote.  Before this week, I had literally never heard of the cunt excellent constituency MP.

Luciana Berger has never really been a supporter of Labour.  As far as I know, Degsy has.  I'd say any party would be better off trading a supporter for an opponent.

4 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

She's the LFI bod who was filmed at the party conference in Liverpool, talking funding with a bloke from the Israeli Embassy.

Yeah, doesn't surprise me, she's called Brown out in the past when he was PM. Quite happy to shit stir with no confidence votes when it suits her, doesn't like a taste of her own medicine!

They should be made to stand in by elections if they quit the party the represented at the most recent election, goes for all parties including mine!

15 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Imagine being called a decent Labour MP by the Mail? Ouch.

As for him being down the allotment. I for one am outraged by this outrageous behaviour. 

Screenshot_20190219-083330_BBC News.jpg

As if it wasn't shit enough trying to make a story - a front-page story - out of "Corbyn reacts to party crisis by going to his allotment 24 hours before it happened", it turns out it's not even true.  He wasn't at his allotment.  He was at Jeremy Hardy's funeral.

14 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Because she's never really been a Labour supporter.

She pretends she left because of Labour is rammed with anti-Semites, encouraged by the thoroughly anti-Semitic party leader.  That, of course, is bullshit.

What Ruth George has said there is snide, but it's not entirely baseless.  It's known that LFI has close ties to the Israeli Government (and, despite LFI's opacity, the filming from Al Jazeera's The Lobby appears to confirm a financial link).  Now two prominent members of LFI have fucked off to join a grouping which is structured in such a way that it can keep it's funding opaque; a grouping whose main motivation is to damage the leadership of a democratically elected party leader - a motivation which coincides with that of the Israeli Embassy.

The important point, though, is to follow the IHRA guidance of not conflating criticism of Israel with anti-Semitism.  Ruth George made an unfounded allegation of potential foreign influence in the Independent Group.  That is not, in any way, anti-Semitic.

Purity test? Oh man, you’ve gone the whole hog here.  

You can read her mind and admit the Labour selection process is shit.  

Fuck. 

13 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Ann Coffey wasn't mentioned in the quote.  Before this week, I had literally never heard of the cunt excellent constituency MP.

Luciana Berger has never really been a supporter of Labour.  As far as I know, Degsy has.  I'd say any party would be better off trading a supporter for an opponent.

Ha ha.  X supports labour but touches kids. He’s better than y who doesn’t like JC.  

Oh man. It’s funny.  

Joan Ryan should've been kicked out of the party when she instigated a baseless, malicious and defamatory antisemitism complaint against Jean Fitzpatrick, all because Ryan lost her temper when asked uncomfortable questions about LFI's stance on illegal settlements and how that tied in with their alleged backing of a two state solution. 

Bullying an old woman. The horrible pig. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Joan Ryan should've been kicked out of the party when she instigated a baseless, malicious and defamatory antisemitism complaint against Jean Fitzpatrick, all because Ryan lost her temper when asked uncomfortable questions about LFI's stance on illegal settlements and how that tied in with their alleged backing of a two state solution. 

Bullying an old woman. The horrible pig. 

Yeah it surprised me when I read she backed a two state solution to the Israel-Palestine issue.

She believes in a two state solution as much as I believe that Thatcher was just what this country needed!

5 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Rico is spot on about Hatton though.

At the time that people from the right of the party are jumping ship claiming take over by radical lefties, you let back in the most visible figurehead of the Militant wars of the 80s?

Very bad look.

Hatton is one member in a party of about half a million.  As far as I know, there's no democratic reason to deny his application for membership.  It doesn't matter whether the tabloids think this is something they can present as showing Labour in a negative light; if they didn't go with this, they'd just make some shit up anyway.  Fuck 'em.  At the last General Election they had nothing like the impact they had previously enjoyed; despite some frenzied propagandising, a big chunk of the electorate decided that Labour are more trustworthy than the Heil, the Scum and the Star.

On 2/19/2019 at 6:18 AM, Hank Moody said:

That's the thing. Despite not being a Blairite, in any shape or form, and opposing the wars that cost a fuck load of money and, more importantly, a fuck load of lives, I think the left have gone off a cliff with him. I'm much more of a Brownite than a Blairite, but things - whilst a mile away from being a perfect Utopia - improved dramatically after 18 years of Tories. I can't believe that those on the left would sooner see two parties get none of their policies enacted and live under perpetual Tory rule than have a group that, whilst not matching their political ideal, would do what New Labour did and balance the financial side with decent support for people and social policies. The country would be much better under Brown or Blair than these Tories. Making out as if they're right wingers who are no different from Tories won't really get anybody anywhere. 

I'd happily have Miliband or Jeremy Corbyn in power rather than the Tories, too. But the problem is, they can't win elections with the wider population. So 0 of the policies that I want get put into place rather than 60 or 70%. The priority should be to get back in power, then slowly drift to the left. Make life better for people, then start drifting the left wing ideas. I get the desire for a left wing government, but here's the truth as I see it... if we're not pragmatic about it, what we get for all our ideals is the opposite of what we want. 

It would appear that the pragmatism always has to come from the left. The left were pragmatic during the Blair/Brown election years. Certainly a lot less bolshy than the LFI crew have been during Corbyn’s Leadership. 

Blair had to battle a Tory party who were there to be defeated.

Corbyn has had to battle a Tory Party tearing itself apart, but with members of his own party forming a human chain to protect the Tory bastards with screams of anti-semitism, dragging us backwards, it’ll never work etc.

The right wing of the Labour Party want a fucking good kicking, and umunna is nothing but a self righteous, entitled fucking windbag.

• Upvote 5

Can anybody help me with this one? 

Young Labour tweeted this tonight. It's since been deleted. The FBPE's and usual suspects are up in arms at such a "disgusting" tweet, evidence of antisemitism etc, etc. It's a bit juvenile and probably not that appropriate for an official twitter account, but I've looked at it a few times and I still can't fully work out why it's allegedly disgusting/racist/antisemitic etc, etc? 

I'm being genuine here. Can anybody help? 

DzzW0MmWoAAeyYi.jpeg

On 2/19/2019 at 6:34 AM, Strontium Dog said:

I can't believe the Magnificent Seven don't want to stay in a party with people like Louise...

DztV_IIX0AYsDIZ.jpg

If the influence of a group such as LFI means that they will try to subjugate and control the party hierarchy, from top to bottom, and stir shit up rather than work for the party cause, the. Louise is spot on. 

This is not anti-Semitic, nor does it try to suggest that anti-semitism is any less important than any other form of bigotry or prejudice. It is about control, anti-semi time is being used as a tool to try and vehemently wrestle power away from an elected leadership, by a single issue lobby group.