You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Just now, Hank Moody said:

It's like you're trying to say something without actually saying it. You could just articulate what the issue is with it. 

OK. You cannot question someone's sense of humanity if that someone doesn't speak up against something perpetrated by members of his own faith or ethnic group. It's their right to speak or stay silent, because they don't feel they are collectively or in other way responsible, just because they share religion or ethnicity with the perpetrators.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Looks like Deggsy has been doing his homework.  I mean, why wouldn’t it occur to anyone on the committee to search his twitter timeline. 

You've said the exact same things about Muslims on the Muslim thread. As it happens, I think both you and Hatton are wrong.

8 minutes ago, SasaS said:

OK. You cannot question someone's sense of humanity if that someone doesn't speak up against something perpetrated by members of his own faith or ethnic group. It's their right to speak or stay silent, because they don't feel they are collectively or in other way responsible, just because they share religion or ethnicity with the perpetrators.

Why does a Jew living in say, Leeds, have to stand up against something Israel does?  

9 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Where did you copy that from? And I disagree, both on counts that he was questioning their humanity and that you can't question it. 

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Have I?  Show me. 

Yes you have. And I'm not your secretary, so go and have a gander for yourself.

EDIT: One part I may have got wrong is the thread. It's more likely on the various attack threads. But you have suggested it.

1 minute ago, Anubis said:

Even if you found it word for word and presented it to him on a silver tray, he'd just say "ah but you've misinterpreted it, it doesn't really say that" or some similar nonsense.  The massive Tory cuntbag.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

EDIT: One part I may have got wrong is the thread. It's more likely on the various attack threads. But you have suggested it.

Ha ha there we go again.  The accusation, the request for proof, the row back.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Anubis said:

No row back. You've said it. People have pulled you up about it. 

That second line. Nice. Tells me everything about the snide you are.

Annoying isn’t it?  If there’s so many should be the work of minutes to find them. 

Although, if, and if being the operative word, I’ve said it then some on here believe it about Jews. So are you saying I’m wrong or right now?   

Just now, Hank Moody said:

Where did you copy that from? And I disagree, both on counts that he was questioning their humanity and that you can't question it. 

I'm on my computer, used the spellchecker in text processor and copied the text to the forum window, it came out funny, apologies.

On the tweet, how was he not questioning their humanity, these are his very words. If you have a Muslim neighbour, do you expect him to speak up against every terrorist act committed by jihadis anywhere every time you bump into each other?

I agree up to a point with Jairzinho that Muslims do get asked that, but mainly in Islamophobic context, it doesn't make it right that they get asked that and when they are asked, it is at least mostly in relation to an attack in the country where they live.

3 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Annoying isn’t it?  If there’s so many should be the work of minutes to find them. 

Although, if, and if being the operative word, I’ve said it then some on here believe it about Jews. So are you saying I’m wrong or right now?   

Not annoying. I don'rt see how pointing out that you've suggested Muslims should speak out more against extremists (which you have) is no different to Hatton, and that I think you're both wrong, should lead to the type of nasty little innuendo you placed in that post.

2 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I'm on my computer, used the spellchecker in text processor and copied the text to the forum window, it came out funny, apologies.

On the tweet, how was he not questioning their humanity, these are his very words. If you have a Muslim neighbour, do you expect him to speak up against every terrorist act committed by jihadis anywhere every time you bump into each other?

I agree up to a point with Jairzinho that Muslims do get asked that, but mainly in Islamophobic context, it doesn't make it right that they get asked that and when they are asked, it is at least mostly in relation to an attack in the country where they live.

I think it's right they they do speak out. I'm not saying every time something happens, all billion Muslims should make a statement. I'm saying, any right thinking Muslim and any right thinking Jew should, in my view, be leading voices against those Islamic and Jewish states and actors that do what is against most right thinking Muslim and Jews good nature. I think British people should speak out against the sales of arms to countries that are not unlikely to use them for anything other than self defence. That doesn't mean I question British people. I think it's more credible and visible from them. 

32 minutes ago, Boss said:

What's changed about you? You never used to attack people personally all the time and be so arrogantly condescending and confrontational.

My two cents as someone that went through that phase and some of this is taken from Jonathan Haidt's work. SJW culture originated on Tumblr and moved to to Twitter, mainly through young women. Young women engage in shaming tactics to keep other girls in line. Now, you mix that in with a higher than average percentage of Cluster B (dramatic, emotional, erratic) personality disorders on heavily online women and trans people you get a toxic brew of yelling and shaming without any reason or argumentation. The more loud and unhinged you are, the more status you get. Any rational or balanced thought is condemned. If anything it shows that treatment for mental illness is terrible and we're all suffering from loss of some greater values.