You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

1 minute ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Negged.

Making jokes about racist attacks is sort of crossing a line.

So the bloke who constantly accuses me of racism revels in a racist attack? What word could be use to describe that?  Poor Majid isn’t the right kind of Muslim for NT. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Rico1304 said:

So the bloke who constantly accuses me of racism revels in a racist attack? What word could be use to describe that?  Poor Majid isn’t the right kind of Muslim for NT. 

Again, I'm not sure I've revelled in anything. Show me where I've said anything which mocks his assault or champions it? 

You pathetic creature. 

When the Right are in charge the Left are expelled, because they try to change the direction the party is going. 

It is the Left who are criticised for being undemocratic and bullies.

When the Left are in charge the Right walk away, because they can't change the direction the party is going.

It is almost like there is an agenda

• Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

When the Right are in charge the Left are expelled, because they try to change the direction the party is going. 

When the Left are in charge the Right walk away, because they can't change the direction the party is going.

It is almost like there is an agenda

This is what really pisses me off. Decades of being told to hold your nose and keep the faith while careerists were parachuted in, the vote shrank by millions and the party was destroyed in Scotland. Then we finally get a left-leaning leader, he increases the vote to its highest for 20 years and the right kick off. Pricks.

• Upvote 8

19 minutes ago, Mudface said:

This is what really pisses me off. Decades of being told to hold your nose and keep the faith while careerists were parachuted in, the vote shrank by millions and the party was destroyed in Scotland. Then we finally get a left-leaning leader, he increases the vote to its highest for 20 years and the right kick off. Pricks.

The right are just really good at playing politics. I hate the cunts, but I can't help but use the TLW phrase... you need a bit of that. I couldn't care less about Corbyn using allotments or Miliband eating a bacon butty, but if they run their party the same way, they're going to lose. They're going to lose, man. I put quite a bit of the increase in Labour's vote down to how bad the Tories are, but last election May's share grew by over 5% whilst Corbyn grew by 9%. How could such a shit leader grow by so much? I'll leave people to guess which one I'm referring to. 

I think Corbyn is a nice bloke, soft and cuddly and passionate about things he has been passionate about for years. Typical lefty, with typical lefty views. Great. FFS get a cunt in like Alistair Campbell in to sort the party out behind the scenes. The state of both parties is a disgrace.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hank Moody said:

The right are just really good at playing politics. I hate the cunts, but I can't help but use the TLW phrase... you need a bit of that. I couldn't care less about Corbyn using allotments or Miliband eating a bacon butty, but if they run their party the same way, they're going to lose. They're going to lose, man. I put quite a bit of the increase in Labour's vote down to how bad the Tories are, but last election May's share grew by over 5% whilst Corbyn grew by 9%. How could such a shit leader grow by so much? I'll leave people to guess which one I'm referring to. 

I think Corbyn is a nice bloke, soft and cuddly and passionate about things he has been passionate about for years. Typical lefty, with typical lefty views. Great. FFS get a cunt in like Alistair Campbell in to sort the party out behind the scenes. The state of both parties is a disgrace.

Well, a lot of people tired of the machine-like, rigidly on-point managerialism of Campbell et al. That's not really politics, there's no room for dissent or questioning and the result was the imposition of bland, vacuous nobodies who seemed to have absolutely no Labour values at all.

The MPs are a mess right now, as the dregs from that era are still in place and are a nightmare to manage- the howls, smears and conspiring will increase dramatically if a Campbell-like figure is recruited to scare them into falling in line. Behind the scenes though, it looks much healthier with a massive, enthusiastic membership and re-engaged activists. They have something to campaign for now. 

• Upvote 1

The issue is the narrative is controlled by the MSM and that is the view most people see/absorb. 

Watching Sky at the moment, Progress on slagging Corbyn, Newstatesman on slagging Corbyn and these are the Left people on the panel. 

Labour MP leaves and is called a traitor and it is disgusting and everyone condemns it as outrageous.

Labour MP leaves and called Corbyn a threat to national security and it is ignored- accepted as fact. 

Apparently last night the PLP was positive towards the 7 MPs and negative towards Corbyn, again confirming they are correct. No mention of the context that the PLP has always been (undemocratic) opposed to Corbyn. 

The narrative is Corbyn is bad, Labour are HARD LEFT and the country needs centrists politicians. 

Rinse and repeat on every subject. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Well, a lot of people tired of the machine-like, rigidly on-point managerialism of Campbell et al. That's not really politics, there's no room for dissent or questioning and the result was the imposition of bland, vacuous nobodies who seemed to have absolutely no Labour values at all.

The MPs are a mess right now, as the dregs from that era are still in place and are a nightmare to manage- the howls, smears and conspiring will increase dramatically if a Campbell-like figure is recruited to scare them into falling in line. Behind the scenes though, it looks much healthier with a massive, enthusiastic membership and re-engaged activists. They have something to campaign for now. 

I'm not talking about somebody like Campbell being the guy standing, but somebody in the party able to manage properly. There needs to be organisation and professional management, and some plain old political know how. The Tories will just trample all over Labour otherwise. If they're not effective, nothing will get done. Being effective doesn't mean, in my view at least, you need to lose what you're about.

Take for example the no confidence vote. That has to be one of the most politically inept manoeuvres I've seen in a long time. Step 1) Do nothing for ages and get criticism for all angles. 2) Just as you've decide to ride out the storm and wait until it could actually work, you do it when it won't work. It needs fixing. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

The issue is the narrative is controlled by the MSM and that is the view most people see/absorb. 

Watching Sky at the moment, Progress on slagging Corbyn, Newstatesman on slagging Corbyn and these are the Left people on the panel. 

Labour MP leaves and is called a traitor and it is disgusting and everyone condemns it as outrageous.

Labour MP leaves and called Corbyn a threat to national security and it is ignored- accepted as fact. 

Apparently last night the PLP was positive towards the 7 MPs and negative towards Corbyn, again confirming they are correct. No mention of the context that the PLP has always been (undemocratic) opposed to Corbyn. 

The narrative is Corbyn is bad, Labour are HARD LEFT and the country needs centrists politicians. 

Rinse and repeat on every subject. 

And it's amazing that people swallow it all up, a narrative being ran by and for people who are not actually trying to avoid paying the legal amount of tax that they should (or any increase on the legal tax rate), but who instead want to prevent themselves from having to pay a penny more than the much reduced tax sums that they currently pay. 

These fuckers must laugh themselves to sleep at night at the gullibility of the electorate. 

25 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

And it's amazing that people swallow it all up, a narrative being ran by and for people who are not actually trying to avoid paying the legal amount of tax that they should (or any increase on the legal tax rate), but who instead want to prevent themselves from having to pay a penny more than the much reduced tax sums that they currently pay. 

These fuckers must laugh themselves to sleep at night at the gullibility of the electorate. 

I've got to the point were I've accepted nothing will change in this cuntry short of a large scale nuclear strike! We're stuck with the neo-con cunts!