You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

2 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Fair play to them doing what they believe in but it’s doomed to failure, they must know that

I'd have a lot more respect for them if they held by-elections in those constituencies after all they weren't voted in as Independents they were voted in under a Labour banner and manifesto .

Just now, Stickman said:

I'd have a lot more respect for them if they held by-elections in those constituencies after all they weren't voted in as Independents they were voted in under a Labour banner and manifesto .

Yeah, as I’ve said I agree, honourable to walk away but they shouldn’t remain in seat as it was the Labour vote that got them there

3 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

A journalist asked him a stupid question; he tried to answer it honestly. The only clips I've seen are of McDonnell getting as far as "Tonypandy; Villain..." Did he add anything to balance that? Who knows? The media coverage has almost all been about slagging him off as a "Poundland Lenin". Maybe he could have refused to answer or he could have said "both", but I'm not convinced that would have made much difference. 

And if you equate the obvious and understandable enmity of most of the media to the Labour leadership with the absurd delusions of GOT's finest, then frankly you're a fucking moron.

He's the shadow chancellor. He should be taking interviews where he knows what questions are coming. If he doesn't, he shouldn't be there. 

1 minute ago, Barry Wom said:

He's the shadow chancellor. He should be taking interviews where he knows what questions are coming. If he doesn't, he shouldn't be there. 

He should have just said something along the lines of Churchill was a complex character so the question is too simplistic, not hard is it?

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Absolutely, whether you agree with them or not they’re doing the honourable thing, nowt wrong with that

The honourable thing would be to now call a by-election. They were voted in based on being a Labour MP. If they feel they were voted in on the strength of their individual candidacy, then let's see if they will put their money where their mouth is. I won't be holding my breath. (This goes for anyone who resigns the whip from any party).