You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

5 minutes ago, Hank Moody said:

Honestly, I've got no issue with people resigning from a political party if they feel the party doesn't reflect their values. If you think a party is or has become institutionally racist and the leader is unfit, resigning is probably the only honourable thing to do. 

Absolutely, whether you agree with them or not they’re doing the honourable thing, nowt wrong with that

5 minutes ago, Hank Moody said:

Honestly, I've got no issue with people resigning from a political party if they feel the party doesn't reflect their values. If you think a party is or has become institutionally racist and the leader is unfit, resigning is probably the only honourable thing to do. 

Seeing as the vast majority of the public vote for party preference rather than on the merits of the individual MP, it's not very honourable to stay as an MP on the back of those votes and not have a by-election once they decide to resign.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Captain Howdy said:

Absolutely, whether you agree with them or not they’re doing the honourable thing, nowt wrong with that

Yeah, I definitely don't agree with them. I do believe that they think that they're doing the right thing though. It's probably the end of their career in any real sense, so... 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Vincent Vega said:

Seeing as the vast majority of the public vote for party preference rather than on the merits of the individual MP, it's not very honourable to stay as an MP on the back of those votes and not have a by-election once they decide to resign.

Maybe, they’ll be bombed out soon enough if the people don’t want them

3 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Whether they vote for them because they like Labour or because they like the MP is both unknown and irrelevant when you consider they actually vote for the MP and not the party. I get your point, but that's just the reality of that. I do agree they should have a by-election. 

Just now, Vincent Vega said:

This has been coming from the first second Corbyn was voted as leader, you only had to look at the faces of Burnham, Kendall, Cooper and Tristram Hunt when it was announced that Corbyn had won.

Yeah. I wonder if we will see many more join this gaggle or whether that's it. It'll be really interesting to see what happens. 

Bu I thought that vote of no-confidence in Berger was called because she was Jewish??

They are so heroic aren't they and yet not one of them will call a by-election

So basically this gang don't like the democratic vote of Brexit but are happy to sit in seats they would never have won if in 2017 they'd have stood as Independents under an anti-brexit banner

That's every democratic of them

DzrkcDPWsAA_CEM.jpg

• Upvote 2

Just now, Captain Howdy said:

I’d imagine they will have a number of other MPs waiting to follow suite, an avalanche effect for maximum impact ? Could be talking out of my arse like.

Maybe, although I'm surprised they didn't drag the first seven out to take up the entire news day with new stories. Individual press releases, etc.