You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

The kid fucking in the loft wasn’t enough for you?  

If this shit wasn't covered up there'd probably be paedos right across all the main parties and you know it. How you can say that knowing that Tories have probably been engaged in covering it up in the past I have no idea, but yeah if it all comes out maybe everyone can abandon party memberships because of it like you suggest. Then maybe try out anarchism or something, especially with the police and other authorities likely being involved so we'll have to abandon them too according to your logic.

1 minute ago, Red Phoenix said:

If this shit wasn't covered up there'd probably be paedos right across all the main parties and you know it. How you can say that knowing that Tories have probably been engaged in covering it up in the past I have no idea, but yeah if it all comes out maybe everyone can abandon party memberships because of it like you suggest. Then maybe try out anarchism or something, especially with the police and other authorities likely being involved so we'll have to abandon them too according to your logic.

Your first sentence - that’s all. 

19 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Seeing Owen Jones pontificating about Churchill has boiled my piss to blue lagoon proportions.

Why? I’m sick of people sticking up for Churchill. He was a white supremacist genocidal maniac who was booted out of government the second the war ended. I admit I haven’t seen what Owen jones has said about it, but if it’s anything along those lines then good on him 

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, moof said:

Why? I’m sick of people sticking up for Churchill. He was a white supremacist genocidal maniac who was booted out of government the second the war ended. I admit I haven’t seen what Owen jones has said about it, but if it’s anything along those lines then good on him 

I'd say as the man who arguably did more to save western civilisation than possibly any other who's lived before or since, his good points outweighed his bad.

Plus, he was a child of his time. George Washington had 120 slaves.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Your first sentence - that’s all. 

Right back at you. It's fine to support Tories saying what you did because it looks like they've managed to cover things up so far, so you feel safe going on about Greens instead. Of course it's fucking sick, but at least the Greens know what's happened and have to try and work out how to be aware of shit like that in the future so it doesn't happen again. Don't pretend nothing seems dodgy with the Tories and their past though if you've looked into some of it.

If anything does come out I'll look forward to you going on about how Tories should leave their party too.

17 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

The Clintons UK branch have been noncing up kids beneath a Wimpy restaurant in Stockport since 1982.

Haha, I had to google Wimpy to wonder how I even remembered the name. Might have been what the Burger King in Hull used to be before it was converted.

30 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Right back at you. It's fine to support Tories saying what you did because it looks like they've managed to cover things up so far, so you feel safe going on about Greens instead. Of course it's fucking sick, but at least the Greens know what's happened and have to try and work out how to be aware of shit like that in the future so it doesn't happen again. Don't pretend nothing seems dodgy with the Tories and their past though if you've looked into some of it.

If anything does come out I'll look forward to you going on about how Tories should leave their party too.

Labour have covered it up so far etc. Bollocks. 

3 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Labour have covered it up so far etc. Bollocks. 

Yeah, maybe I was just baiting you. Not really bothered as you were surely baiting yourself. The Greens clearly made a huge mistake by not checking into that guy earlier, I don't think it invalidates the entire party though. His daughter didn't help by not giving enough information when he'd been charged, but the party should've also followed up more to see what was going on as well. So it was a failure on both sides.

Do I think the entire party should be doomed from that alone though? Nope. If there was a pattern of failures happening repeatedly with something this serious then you'd have a point, but there isn't as far as we know and hopefully that type of crap won't be allowed to happen again.

7 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I'd say as the man who arguably did more to save western civilisation than possibly any other who's lived before or since, his good points outweighed his bad.

Certain parts of the world may disagree.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Not everyone in Churchill's time tried to gas Kurds in Iraq; or was so committed to white supremacy; or sent troops against striking Welsh miners;  or sent a gunboat against striking Liverpool transport workers; or permitted (arguably engineered) famine in India; or deployed the Black & Tans against Irish civilians; etc. etc.

Churchill was a great wartime leader in World War II. (The less said about his leadership of the Gallipoli disaster in WWI, the better.) He was an inspirational figurehead for the people doing the actual fighting. The same is true of Stalin. Both were also cunts.

• Upvote 5

10 hours ago, moof said:

Stalin was pretty good against the nazis as well.