You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

7 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

A statement from Wavertree.  I fully expect this to get the kind of media coverage that Streeting, Umunna and all the other twats got.

https://skwawkbox.org/2019/02/10/wavertree-rejects-bullying-smears/?fbclid=IwAR3x_rkvLsbHmtt6iJGxOXd1AGe4hRDoFqqnu_UNsYJpvOY94iiaA7fQRE4

The Executive of Wavertree Constituency Labour Party wishes to correct both the inaccuracies reported in the media, and the false accusations of bullying, which followed our announcement on February 7 of a special CLP meeting to consider two motions of no confidence in our MP. The motions have since been withdrawn by their proposers and the special CLP meeting cancelled.

Our role as an elected executive is to provide administration, governance and direction for the CLP. We have no control over motions submitted by CLP members and very little choice on whether to debate legitimately submitted motions. The two no-confidence motions met these criteria; our only intervention was to agree to debate them at a special CLP meeting. The purpose of this was to give our MP the maximum opportunity to take part when the motions were debated.

Since the meeting was announced, we have become the subject of much media attention. This came as no surprise, given the controversial nature of the motions (neither of which mentioned antisemitism) submitted by CLP members.

But we strongly reject the media inaccuracies and the accusations of political bullying, for simply adhering to Party rules and doing our jobs.

Furthermore, we as an Executive have always and continue now to express total solidarity with Luciana as a victim of misogyny and of antisemitism – coming mostly from the far right. Our Chair is himself Jewish and the suggestion that the CLP Executive is in any way a party to bullying and antisemitism is a false and slanderous accusation.

Dr Alex Scott-Samuel – Chair
Nina Houghton – Secretary
On behalf of the CLP Executive,
Liverpool Wavertree Constituency Labour Party

And here's Jennie Formby's response.

https://skwawkbox.org/2019/02/10/formbys-email-to-wavertree-empathises-with-berger-but-exonerates-clp/?fbclid=IwAR3P8Kmnm_Ld_rbHnhfro11H4weaW4wtve_Nwa68Vv08kFT5VxGCNqXj5VQ

Spot on from Formby. I'm not holding my breath for any apologies from the Anti-Corbyn Taliban.

14 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

https://skwawkbox.org/2019/02/10/formbys-email-to-wavertree-empathises-with-berger-but-exonerates-clp/?fbclid=IwAR3P8Kmnm_Ld_rbHnhfro11H4weaW4wtve_Nwa68Vv08kFT5VxGCNqXj5VQ

Spot on from Formby. I'm not holding my breath for any apologies from the Anti-Corbyn Taliban.

This is a good look for Corbyn IMO. He could use this to his advantage the next time he’s accused of either being an anti-semite by the likes of Ian Austin and Joan Ryan, or being intolerant of differing views by Chuka and Kinnock.

47 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Taliban? Thought they were misunderstood?

5 minutes ago, Slippin’ Jimmy said:

I've been chuckling at that each time I come on to the thread. He's so eager to put the boot in that he doesn't care about facts like that.

I’m a bit lost. What’s the line on attack today? What was it that Jeremy’s been accused to have done or failed to do?

4 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I’m a bit lost. What’s the line on attack today? What was it that Jeremy’s been accused to have done or failed to do?

Some random on twitter with the username Ron Moore MP posted something about the author of the Corbyn gossip book being Jewish. 

He's not an MP. Rico went on one about Labour MP's posting antisemitic stuff on Twitter. Despite the above - i.e. the person not even being an MP, let alone a Labour MP. 

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Some random on twitter with the username Ron Moore MP posted something about the author of the Corbyn gossip book being Jewish. 

He's not an MP. Rico went on one about Labour MP's posting antisemitic stuff on Twitter. Despite the above - i.e. the person not even being an MP, let alone a Labour MP. 

I got it wrong, I was hoodwinked.