You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

2 hours ago, Strontium Dog said:

I for one am utterly shocked to see antisemitic slurs hurled at a critic of Jeremy Corbyn. 

I for one am utterly shocked to see Stronts find a single tweet (now removed) and try to use it as evidence that Corbyn and everyone who shares his political ideas must be anti-Semitic.

28 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I’m struggling to see why the idea of a centrist party gets so much shit.  

I'm struggling to see why the idea is given so much credence.  What would a party like that do that the Lib Dems don't?  If people want to join a party somewhere right of Labour and left of the Tories, why not just go and sign up with Big Vince?

6 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I for one am utterly shocked to see Stronts find a single tweet (now removed) and try to use it as evidence that Corbyn and everyone who shares his political ideas must be anti-Semitic.

Except I didn't do that, did I.

Pointing out that Jewish critics of Corbyn are subjected to antisemitic abuse is not remotely the same as claiming that Corbyn and all his followers are antisemites. Those two things are not even on the same planet.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I'm struggling to see why the idea is given so much credence.  What would a party like that do that the Lib Dems don't?  If people want to join a party somewhere right of Labour and left of the Tories, why not just go and sign up with Big Vince?

They might actually have a chance of achieving something? 

Just kidding, Big V.

26 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

What difference does the removal of the tweet have?  

22 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Because I don’t think most people are far left or far right. It’d also put the brakes on those wishing to push the cons or Labour too far.  

20 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Except I didn't do that, did I.

Pointing out that Jewish critics of Corbyn are subjected to antisemitic abuse is not remotely the same as claiming that Corbyn and all his followers are antisemites. Those two things are not even on the same planet.

Bullshit.

How is the phrase "Jewish critics of Corbyn are subjected to antisemitic abuse" supposed to mean anything other than "Corbyn supporters are anti-Semitic"?

There is a far bigger demand for a party to the right of the Conservatives on social values but to the left of most Labour MPs on some economic policies .Than there is for a centrist party.  A Blue Labour meets Peter Hitchens style party. So in favour of reigning business in,  wanting good wages and slightly protectionist,  pro Brexit against immigration,  wary of muslims and loves a bit of political correctness gone mad. 

Bullshit.

How is the phrase "Jewish critics of Corbyn are subjected to antisemitic abuse" supposed to mean anything other than "Corbyn supporters are anti-Semitic"?

Is that a serious question? I thought your understanding of English was better than that.

11 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

What difference does the removal of the tweet have?  

Absence of context.

For example, if it was followed by a load of Corbyn supporters pulling him up on it, then we'd see what SD's usual snide innuendo about those goddam anti-Semitic lefties is worth.

Absence of context.

For example, if it was followed by a load of Corbyn supporters pulling him up on it, then we'd see what SD's usual snide innuendo about those goddam anti-Semitic lefties is worth.

Hold on, so you are saying that because we don’t get to see the reaction of the Corbyn supporters it shouldn’t be viewed as significant that an MP makes a blatantly AS comment?  Have I got that right? 

40 minutes ago, Denny Crane said:

There is a far bigger demand for a party to the right of the Conservatives on social values but to the left of most Labour MPs on some economic policies .Than there is for a centrist party.  A Blue Labour meets Peter Hitchens style party. So in favour of reigning business in,  wanting good wages and slightly protectionist,  pro Brexit against immigration,  wary of muslims and loves a bit of political correctness gone mad. 

Basically the platform Trump ran on not what he has delivered. In other words there is a bigger scope for a poundland Trump than a Macron in the United Kingdom especially if Article 50 was revoked. 

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Hold on, so you are saying that because we don’t get to see the reaction of the Corbyn supporters it shouldn’t be viewed as significant that an MP makes a blatantly AS comment?  Have I got that right? 

I had to Google "Ron Moore MP" before I reacted.

He's someone on Twitter who posts a lot of lefty stuff under a "hilarious" pseudonym.  (Ron Moore/Moore Ron; MP = Minor Pleb).

If an MP says or does anything anti-Semitic then, obviously, they need booting. If some random on Twitter posts something wrong, that needs a proportionate response, too.

59 minutes ago, Content Providicus said:

It's a constant surprise that the Lib Dems aren't polling at about 50%. After all, they're pro remain and centrist.

And, in spite of those dramatic advantages, and being better and smarter than everyone else, they still managed to fuck it all up.