You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

39 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Maybe they didn’t want to work on a Friday? 

Any answer as to why you voted for Tessa when she asked for backing to see Brexit through in 2017 yet?

I’ll just put my feet up while I’m waiting...

It is a fucking joke.

So Watson thinks this is bullying to purely to stop someone from speaking out, but at the same time, when 4 members forwarded and supported two motions, you can justify calling for the suspension of an entire CLP to prevent bullying is true amazing.  

27 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Once again, Louise Ellman can't wait to get her grid on the local news. 

But, she STILL hasn't answered her constituents many requests for clarification regarding her alleged shock to hear about an event that it later transpired that she was actually at herself. 

Hopefully, she's next. 

But another Labour MP in Liverpool, Louise Ellman, called it "an absolutely disgraceful episode" and said it was "very clear the attacks" on Ms Berger were down to anti-Semitism.

How is it clear the attacks are anti-Semitism ?  Is it because there is no evidence whatsoever of her slagging off the party leadership and stating openly she was not considering leaving the party to form another. 

Milne is boss. 

Who says Corbyn isn't learning  anything from New Labour then...

The influence of the Communist Party on New Labour has been neglected. One day it will be an important subject for a dissertation or PhD by a university graduate. It is not merely the case that a significant number of figures in the Government machine - John Reid, David Triesman, Peter Mandelson, Charlie Whelan to name a few - belonged to the Communist Party of Great Britain in all its King Street grandeur.

Many others - Stephen Byers and Alan Milburn among them - were connected in one way or another with the obscure sub-Marxist organisations that abounded in the 1970s, doing their best to tear down capitalism. Even those, like Jack Straw, who had no Marxist sympathies at all, were obliged to come to terms with communist methods and adversaries in the shadowy internecine struggles of the 1970s and 1980s. It is these methods - as opposed to the now despised Marxist dogma about ownership of the means of production - that have endured to influence the Blair Government. Millbank admittedly borrowed its technology - rebuttal units, the Excalibur computer etc - from the United States. But the obsessive secrecy, centralisation and intolerance of dissent which were such overwhelming characteristics of the Millbank operation reek of the CPGB.

David Triesman was a significant figure of the Euro-communist movement of the 1970s, an attempt to give communism a 'human face'. Thirty years on and he is attempting a comparable exercise with New Labour.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2002/aug/25/labour.tonyblair

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Fair enough - I’ll remember this when you are insisting on momentum MPs. 

That won't happen.  Obviously.

I've said plenty of times that I'm perfectly happy with my MP (the not-so-Commie Stephen Twigg).  Labour should be a big tent; but Labour MPs shouldn't devote all their time to fighting against the Labour Party.  That's not much to ask for, is it?