You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

7 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I'm twisting reality by posting the actual charter, instead of just making claims about it?

You've been caught in a lie. It happens. No need to lose your shit.

You're claiming the charter doesn't say things which it does say. I've posted the bits about killing Jews already, I've posted links to Hamas people reiterating the point. Why are you denying the things that are written in black and white? It's all there. Accept the fact that they are hateful people and live with it.

58 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

You're claiming the charter doesn't say things which it does say. I've posted the bits about killing Jews already, I've posted links to Hamas people reiterating the point. Why are you denying the things that are written in black and white? It's all there. Accept the fact that they are hateful people and live with it.

You're claiming that the charter calls on Hamas (Corbyn's BFFs, obviously) to eradicate Jews from the face of the Earth. It does no such thing. Quite the opposite: it states that Jews and Muslims can coexist. 

The bit that you posted - one of the old quotes that pepper the Charter - talks about how to kill Jews, when you're fighting them; horrible as it is, even that doesn't say "kill all the Jews".

The difference between me and you is that you want people to just accept your version.; I posted the Charter, so they can make their own minds up.

If you want to say that the charter is vile, unhinged and thoroughly anti-Semitic, then I'll obviously agree. But don't undermine your argument by making stuff up.

• Upvote 1

You're cherry-picking bits of the charter which contradict other bits. I believe that this - The Islamic Resistance Movement aspires to the realization of Allah’s promise, no matter how long that should take. The Prophet, Allah bless him and grant him salvation, has said: ‘The day of judgment will not come until Muslims fight the Jews (killing the Jews), when the Jews will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say ‘O Muslims, O Abdulla, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him. - is a blatant call to genocide, especially when taken in conjunction with other calls for genocide that Hamas officials make on a regular basis.

Bear in mind that Mein Kampf, which the charter cites, never contained an explicit call for genocide. So the fact that you can, with a bit of wriggling, interpret those words in a less genocidal manner, means very little. You need to judge them by their deeds.

5 hours ago, aRdja said:

I tried a couple of years back. It wasn’t great for me as he bit my arm viciously, but I’d like to think i helped the guy at the receiving end of the pummelling.

625797F4-DCA4-44A6-96CB-381AA768F8CD.jpeg

Bacon looks a bit overdone. Where are the eggs, sausages, mushrooms and toast? Poor effort - 1/10.

• Upvote 4

41 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

You're cherry-picking bits of the charter which contradict other bits. I believe that this - The Islamic Resistance Movement aspires to the realization of Allah’s promise, no matter how long that should take. The Prophet, Allah bless him and grant him salvation, has said: ‘The day of judgment will not come until Muslims fight the Jews (killing the Jews), when the Jews will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say ‘O Muslims, O Abdulla, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him. - is a blatant call to genocide, especially when taken in conjunction with other calls for genocide that Hamas officials make on a regular basis.

Bear in mind that Mein Kampf, which the charter cites, never contained an explicit call for genocide. So the fact that you can, with a bit of wriggling, interpret those words in a less genocidal manner, means very little. You need to judge them by their deeds.

You accuse me of cherry-picking? The lack of self-awareness is strong.

The two contradictory bits are that quote  - which is really not explicitly genocidal and is open to interpretation  - and the bit I keep referring to, which is explicitly not genocidal and cannot be interpreted in any way other than "Muslims and Jews can coexist".

You then say "judge them by their deeds". Are you suggesting that when Hamas kill Israelis, that's genocidal, but when Israelis kill Palestinian civilians it isn't; it's just the rough and tumble of "Chicago rules"?

As a wise man once said "consistency, kids".

• Upvote 1

Just now, Strontium Dog said:

No, we have about 3,000 years of context.

Are you willing to make policies on the rest of the world’s context for the last 3000 years? What relevance does what happened 3000 years ago have to a 10 year old Palestinian kid? 

What is happening now is most important. Only one group of people is oppressing the other group. That’s Israel over Palestine. Hamas should also be judged by their actions. As bad as they are, their actions pale in comparison to those of Israel. 

But this is a sideshow. Israelis and Jewish people are the most well protected in the world. A few oppressed people are of very little threat. Using 3000 years of history to deflect from that is dishonest. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

No, we have about 3,000 years of context.

I don't really want to talk about this topic any more. It makes me sick.

Aren't you really a Tory anyway? They have been in bed with enough evil regimes through the years. Saudi Arabia being one. 

4 minutes ago, skend04 said:

So, if Labour had voted against the Immigration bill later this evening, rather than abstaining as they've been whipped to do, they couldn't have pushed for amendments during the committee phase? 

Or am I smelling bullshit here ?

Immigration and Social Security Co-ordination (EU Withdrawal) Bill 2017-19
2nd reading: House of Commons 28.01.2019
A bill to make provision to end rights to free movement of persons under retained EU law and to repeal other retained EU law relating to immigration; to confer power to modify retained direct EU legislation relating to social security coordination; and for connected purposes.

Seems like a ghastly bill, worthy of anyone's opposition.

55 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Immigration and Social Security Co-ordination (EU Withdrawal) Bill 2017-19
2nd reading: House of Commons 28.01.2019
A bill to make provision to end rights to free movement of persons under retained EU law and to repeal other retained EU law relating to immigration; to confer power to modify retained direct EU legislation relating to social security coordination; and for connected purposes.

Seems like a ghastly bill, worthy of anyone's opposition.

It's the equivalent of Windrush for EU citizens as well as finally stripping our own rights. Abstaining is an embarrassment.