You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

14 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Portman is Jewish but she's a bad Jew.

She refused to accept an award off Netanyahu because of the deaths in Gaza so was branded 'antisimetic' and there were calls to have her Israeli citizenship revoked.

She should have sent Keira Knightley as a decoy. 

• Upvote 5

30 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The irony when the Israelis are committing genocide to Palestinians. You are in bed with evil. 

What the actual fuck are you talking about? I don't condone the excesses of the Israeli government.

It's almost as if there's a middle ground between supporting Netanyahu and supporting genocidal maniacs like Hamas...

• Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

That's not what you said. 

What you said was a lie. Like too many anti-Corbyn obsessives you are inventing charges of anti-Semitism against him and ignoring real anti-Semitism elsewhere.  It's a cunt's trick, but it's nothing new and nothing I post will make you think twice about the shit your slinging.

It's exactly what I said. He has met them in solidarity on many occasions. He called them his friends. That is a fact. I wish it wasn't, because it would be great to be able to count on the leader of the fucking Labour Party as a reliable opponent of anti-semitism, but there we are. Not one ounce of any of that contradicts anything I have written.

7 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

What the actual fuck are you talking about? I don't condone the excesses of the Israeli government.

It's almost as if there's a middle ground between supporting Netanyahu and supporting genocidal maniacs like Hamas...

I am sure Corbyn doesn't condone killing in retaliation to a genocidal maniac state like Israel. Wouldn't you agree? 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I am sure Corbyn doesn't condone killing in retaliation to a genocidal maniac state like Israel. Wouldn't you agree? 

He's awfully pally with people who want to commit genocide against Jews, isn't he.

And stop misusing "genocidal". It's not the same as oppression.

• Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

He's awfully pally with people who want to commit genocide against Jews, isn't he.

And stop misusing "genocidal". It's not the same as oppression.

You are one brainwashed, deluded fucker SD. Wanting to commit genocide and actually committing genocide are two completely different things. You are on the wrong side of that. 

And how is he awfully pally? Wanting both sides of an argument to be brought to the table when people are dying? What a cunt of a man he is. 

You are losing this one so I suggest fucking off out of the thread instead of crop-dusting your bad smell all over the place. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Riely reminds me of one of those birds you'd get talking to in a kebab shop after a night out and would be nice at first but then go proper apeshit and try and get you beaten up before being dragged away by her friends in tears. 

We've all been there. Maybe it was the drink in me, or I was intoxicated by the moonlight shimmering across her Charlton Athletic arse tattoo, as she squatted to piss down a drain hole in the car park, but I was smitten.

Ah, young love.

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You are one brainwashed, deluded fucker SD. Wanting to commit genocide and actually committing genocide are two completely different things. You are on the wrong side of that. 

Fucking hell.

I highly recommend a book on the Middle East conflict. Any one of them. In fact, just any book. On anything.

5 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Fucking hell.

I highly recommend a book on the Middle East conflict. Any one of them. In fact, just any book. On anything.

What do you mean fucking hell? How can you say that Corbyn is awfully pally with them? On what evidence? he met with them? Netanyahu is a fucking murdering cunt. Corbyn isn't. 

I read everyday. The Beano, Viz, The Dandy..... I could go on.

6 hours ago, Strontium Dog said:

He is literally friendly with people who want to exterminate every Jew on the planet.

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog said:

No, it's a fact. Read the Hamas charter. Listen to what the leader of Hezbollah says. These are people Corbyn is happy to associate with. Shame on you for denying it.

I've just skimmed through the Hamas Charter.  Here it is. 

https://fas.org/irp/world/para/docs/880818.htm

It's undoubtedly horrible in its proliferation of anti-Semitic tropes, conflation of Zionists and Jews and its religious fundamentalism, but (as far as I can see) it's not genocidal.  On the contrary, it specifically says that Muslims, Jews and Christians can safely coexist  (provided the Muslims call the shots, of course; this is religious fundamentalism, after all).

Like I say, it's pretty nasty, but there's no point lying and pretending it's worse than it is. That sort of dishonesty just weakens whatever point you're trying to make.

So, what your original post should have said was "He literally used the word 'friends' to address a mixed crowd, whose members included representatives from an organisation whose founding charter references loads of anti-Semitic tropes."

("Shame on you" - you're fucking hilarious when you get pompous.)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I've just skimmed through the Hamas Charter.  Here it is. 

https://fas.org/irp/world/para/docs/880818.htm

It's undoubtedly horrible in its proliferation of anti-Semitic tropes, conflation of Zionists and Jews and its religious fundamentalism, but (as far as I can see) it's not genocidal.

"But even if the links have become distant from each other, and even if the obstacles erected by those who revolve in the Zionist orbit, aiming at obstructing the road before the Jihad fighters, have rendered the pursuance of Jihad impossible; nevertheless, the Hamas has been looking forward to implement Allah's promise whatever time it might take. The prophet, prayer and peace be upon him, said:

The time will not come until Muslims will fight the Jews (and kill them); until the Jews hide behind rocks and trees, which will cry: 0 Muslim! there is a Jew hiding behind me, come on and kill him!"

And then you look at the other things they say:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/senior-hamas-member-calls-for-ridding-palestine-of-filth-of-the-jews/

A senior member of the Hamas terror group which governs the Gaza Strip gave an address last week in which he called to rid “Palestine of the filth of the Jews” and vowed it would happen by 2022.

In a video of the July 12 rally, aired on Al-Jazeera and translated by the Middle East Media Research Institute, former Hamas interior minister Fathi Hammad said: “We are looking forward to two important things which are within sight.”

The first was “the cleansing of Palestine of the filth of the Jews, and their uprooting from it,” which he promised would happen imminently. “Four years, my brothers… By 2022 we will be rid of them,” he said.

The second goal Hammad called for was the establishment of an Islamic caliphate “once the nation has been healed of its cancer — the Jews.”

I mean they literally use the word "cleansing". In what sense is this not genocidal?

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

I mean they literally use the word "cleansing". In what sense is this not genocidal?

Context SD, Context. I hope they eradicate all jewish settlers from their land by 2022. Preferably without force.

Wanting to retaliate to years of oppression and actual genocide isn't that shockable. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Context SD, Context. I hope they eradicate all jewish settlers from their land by 2022. Preferably without force.

Wanting to retaliate to years of oppression and your own new favourite word 'genocide' isn't that shockable. 

No, they aim to eradicate all Jews from Palestine, which includes Israel. That is genocide.

Just now, Strontium Dog said:

No, they aim to eradicate all Jews from Palestine, which includes Israel. That is genocide.

Or maybe they might just knock on their own homes, politely ask for them back and hope that they will leave and give them back to their rightful owners. you know, without using gunboats to shoot Palestinian kids playing on the beach. 

11 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

So...

1.  Corbyn is not "literally friendly" with the Hamas bloke you quoted.

2.  Even that cunt was talking about getting the Jews out of Palestine;  not wanting to "exterminate every Jew on the planet."

You lied. You got caught. Just admit it and move on. 

Just now, AngryofTuebrook said:

So...

1.  Corbyn is not "literally friendly" with the Hamas bloke you quoted.

2.  Even that cunt was talking about getting the Jews out of Palestine;  not wanting to "exterminate every Jew on the planet."

You lied. You got caught. Just admit it and move on. 

Fuck off. You're twisting reality, as usual. Everyone acknowledges that the Hamas charter is genocidal, except you. That "Hamas bloke" is just articulating the Hamas position. That is what they as an organisation believe.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

You hear similar in the Knesset about Palestinians. 

Further: 

Hamas says it accepts '67 borders, but doesn't recognize Israel By Tamara Qiblawi and Angela Dewan and Larry Register, CNN Updated at 0915 GMT (1715 HKT) May 3, 2017 Play Video What's the Israeli-Palestinian two-state solution?00:51 STORY HIGHLIGHTS

Hamas began work on the document four years agoDocument draws a strong rebuke from Israel Doha (CNN) — 

The Palestinian militant group Hamas unveiled a new policy document Monday that sees the group accepting for the first time the idea of a Palestinian state that would fall within the borders that existed in 1967, before Israel took control of the West Bank, Gaza and all of Jerusalem. The group has long been under pressure to update its 1988 founding charter, which calls for the destruction of the state of Israel and advocates violence to achieve its goal of restoring a Palestinian state. However, the new document offers no recognition of the legitimacy of the "Zionist enemy," the term Hamas uses for Israel. Instead, it seeks to draw a distinction between political and religious struggle: "Hamas affirms that its conflict is with the Zionist project, not with the Jews because of their religion," said Hamas leader Khaled Meshaal, who introduced the "political document of principles and general policies" at a press conference in Doha, Qatar, where he lives in exile. He added: "Hamas does not wage a struggle against the Jews because they are Jewish but wages a struggle against the Zionists who occupy Palestine."

https://edition-m.cnn.com/2017/05/01/middleeast/hamas-charter-palestinian-israeli/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F