You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

1 minute ago, rico1304 said:

Here’s something found from his editing of Wiki

You'll see that Owen Jones wrote that the "notion of Jewish ethnicity is a lie".

He did this because he beleived this helped undermine the Zionist cause of self determination for Jews.

Allegedly.

When he was a student. Can people not change their views? I'm sure you weren't a bad bigot before the podcasts corrupted you. 

The last sentence is complete speculation. Nothing more than guessing at his motive. 

I'm not a fan of Jones. But, oh look, it's another one on the left who she's throwing allegations out against. And, despite her claims of suffering abuse, is also abusing and encouraging abuse of. 

She's a poisonous little troll. That might be why you're sticking up for her...

18 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Allegedly.

When he was a student. Can people not change their views? I'm sure you weren't a bad bigot before the podcasts corrupted you. 

The last sentence is complete speculation. Nothing more than guessing at his motive. 

I'm not a fan of Jones. But, oh look, it's another one on the left who she's throwing allegations out against. And, despite her claims of suffering abuse, is also abusing and encouraging abuse of. 

She's a poisonous little troll. That might be why you're sticking up for her...

Until he says he’s changed his mind or acknowledges we can only assume he’s the same. Hence her allegation. So instead of her being the hysterical woman you described she’s got a point.  Funny that isn’t it.  You went full on ‘delete your account, it’s for the best’ without knowing what she was on about.  As fucking usual. 

PS - mum says hi 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, rico1304 said:

Until he says he’s changed his mind or acknowledges we can only assume he’s the same. Hence her allegation. So instead of her being the hysterical woman you described she’s got a point.  Funny that isn’t it.  You went full on ‘delete your account, it’s for the best’ without knowing what she was on about.  As fucking usual. 

PS - mum says hi 

He's posted numerous articles on his response to Riley which clearly show that he's changed his mind. But, as expected, you've ignored them. She's miles off on this one. Again. As she is with her pathetic Corbyn tweet today. And her slurring of Chomsky. And her encouraging the bullying of a teenager. Christ. You actually thought I meant she should close her account based on her Twitter activity today? Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Not a chance. She's been embarrassing herself for ages now. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

He's posted numerous articles on his response to Riley which clearly show that he's changed his mind. But, as expected, you've ignored them. She's miles off on this one. Again. As she is with her pathetic Corbyn tweet today. And her slurring of Chomsky. And her encouraging the bullying of a teenager. Christ. You actually thought I meant she should close her account based on her Twitter activity today? Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Not a chance. She's been embarrassing herself for ages now. 

You’ve not read the links to the articles have you?  Read them.  It’s worth it. 

• Downvote 1

57 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Riley has gone off on one now about Owen Jones making out like he was the real victim of the holocaust because he's tweeted some entirely innocuous articles about the recently reported study into holocaust denial/lack of awareness. 

She's unhinged. The best thing for all, including herself, is to just close her Twitter down. She's making a show of herself. 

Lots of gays died at Auschwitz, so realistically Jones can claim some ownership of Nazi persecution too and they can have a debate about that. They used to make them wear pink stars. 

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Lots of gays died at Auschwitz, so realistically Jones can claim some ownership of Nazi persecution too and they can have a debate about that. They used to make them wear pink stars. 

I suspect Owen Jones would never write that "the notion of homosexuality is a lie", would he.

10 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

She's not arsed about gays though. She's retweeting some of the homophobic abuse that Owen Jones is getting from her followers. But, rather than condemning it, she's accused Jones of bringing it up as a form of dog-whistling and has said that Jones accusing her of acting in bad faith is a deliberate attempt to accuse her of being a Jew making political smears.  At least I think that's what she's trying to say. Her thought process is difficult to interpret, since she's so all over the place. 

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog said:

I suspect Owen Jones would never write that "the notion of homosexuality is a lie", would he.

I dunno what he said or didn't say to be honest, but I know Corybyn didn't say it, yet he seems to take the blame for what all and sundry have, or haven't, said. 

People can choose to make a meal out of whatever they want, or don't. You can make a meal out of Harry wearing a Swastika or the Daily Mail - a Nazi-backing propoganda pamphlet - calling Ed Milliband's dad a KGB spy - or  you can choose not to. 

You can make a meal of the fact some crackpot from South Shields labour party said something about Jews controlling the world bank and pin it on the whole Labour movement, or you can choose not to, again, depending upon your agenda. 

Antisemitism exists, and I understand fully the fears of how it can rear its head and history can repeat itself, but it's also being perverted by unscrupulous people for selfish ends, and that is horrific. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, ZonkoVille77 said:

Rachel Riley = Cheryl Tweedy, but good at maths. 

Riely reminds me of one of those birds you'd get talking to in a kebab shop after a night out and would be nice at first but then go proper apeshit and try and get you beaten up before being dragged away by her friends in tears. 

• Upvote 1

It’s  weird because almost to a man we all liked her until she said she didn’t like JC.  Now she’s reduced to a silly little girl who shouldn’t involve herself in grown up stuff and instead should still to being pretty.  Despite her being brighter than pretty much everyone on here.  

19 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I dunno what he said or didn't say to be honest, but I know Corybyn didn't say it, yet he seems to take the blame for what all and sundry have, or haven't, said. 

People can choose to make a meal out of whatever they want, or don't. You can make a meal out of Harry wearing a Swastika or the Daily Mail - a Nazi-backing propoganda pamphlet - calling Ed Milliband's dad a KGB spy - or  you can choose not to. 

You can make a meal of the fact some crackpot from South Shields labour party said something about Jews controlling the world bank and pin it on the whole Labour movement, or you can choose not to, again, depending upon your agenda. 

Antisemitism exists, and I understand fully the fears of how it can rear its head and history can repeat itself, but it's also being perverted by unscrupulous people for selfish ends, and that is horrific. 

So you’re reducing it to a couple of cranks too. Despite all the evidence to the contrary.  

Then accusing her of milking it.  Classy cunt.  

4 minutes ago, rico1304 said:

It’s  weird because almost to a man we all liked her until she said she didn’t like JC.  Now she’s reduced to a silly little girl who shouldn’t involve herself in grown up stuff and instead should still to being pretty.  Despite her being brighter than pretty much everyone on here.  

Why can't you stop lying? 

11 minutes ago, rico1304 said:

For the record, I’ve always been in the ‘just want to fuck her’ camp. That said, if we are picking our favourite Jews to bang, I’m going with the following before her: Gal Gadot; Natalie Portman; Scarlet Johansen. 

I’m an equal opportunity misogynist. 

2 minutes ago, rico1304 said:

Look, it’s not my fault your comprehension skills are shit.  Think more and stop wanking over my mum.  

Yeah. It's all about Corbyn. 

Nothing to do with Chomsky. Nothing to do with bullying kids on Twitter. And revealing her dad's identity. Nothing about falsely linking criticism of Israel with antisemitism. Nothing about her calling out abuse but being very abusive herself. Nothing about her own antisemitic remarks. Nothing about her portraying herself as a fervent antisemitism campaigner but continuing to work with Jimmy Carr or continuing to give the benefit of the doubt too or completely ignore right wing antisemitism. Or today's Owen Jones meltdown - and her remarkable ability in the space of 2 or 3 tweets from her first unsolicited tweet to Jones to try and sway the narrative to her being the bullied party, despite Jones not even interacting with her in the first place.

None of that. It's all about her not liking Corbyn.

Not a cunt, though...