You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog said:

Yes, but what you think bears zero relation what a Jewish person thinks. Jews, whether they survived genocide or not, are generally sympathetic to the idea that they should have a safe haven they can go to so it never happens again.

I don't dispute that at all, any of it, it doesn't preclude the possibility that a lot of people- be they Jewish or not - are spouting shit on this subject for a wide variety of reasons.

I don't remember you stepping up when Ed Miliband's family were being put through the wringer by the right wing press either.  

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Do you know what I would think was worse if I'd survived the holocaust? Members of my own community using it to further their own agendas, to the point where I myself as a holocaust survivor am actually accused of anti-Semitism if I don't fall in line.

Absolutely sickening. 

Fuck me.  I mean this is about as AS as it fucking gets.  Have a word with yourself.  It’s fucking disgusting.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I've been to Auschwitz and written about it twice as a guest of the holocaust memorial trust.

I arranged an interview with a retired Liverpool judge who'd been evacuated as a child as part of the kindertransport and wrote a feature about it so her life story would be preserved.

I've been donating to Amnesty international since the first time I went to Auschwitz, such was its impact on me.

I'm genuinely disgusted by you Rico at your attempts to wind people up purely out of boredom and your faux outrage, you're a twat and you're going on ignore. 

• Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I've been to Auschwitz and written about it twice as a guest of the holocaust memorial trust.

I arranged an interview with a retired Liverpool judge who'd been evacuated as a child as part of the kindertransport and wrote a feature about it so her life story would be preserved.

I've been donating to Amnesty international since the first time I went to Auschwitz, such was its impact on me.

I'm genuinely disgusted by you Rico at your attempts to wind people up purely out of boredom and your faux outrage, you're a twat and you're going on ignore. 

Don't be disgusted. 

It's a badge of honour to be falsely accused of being antisemitic by Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Twat. 

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Don’t feel you need to defend yourself, mate. Nobody worth their salt thinks you’re anti-Semitic just because somebody who - quite literally - can’t even spell it is throwing shit around. He’s a proper cunt and has been for quite a while. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I don't remember you stepping up when Ed Miliband's family were being put through the wringer by the right wing press either.  

Yes, well we've already established that you have a very selective memory. I've been abundantly clear where I stand on that topic.

On 8/28/2018 at 8:38 PM, Strontium Dog said:

The right wing media attacks on Miliband and his father had the whiff of antisemitism about them

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

So you’ve got Jewish mates? Can’t be racist then. 

• Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

So what, my opinion hasn't changed in the intervening period.

Nah, it's because it happened when you were in coalition and Corbyn wasn't on the scene, so the discussion wasn't happening then nationally. It was the right kind of antisemitism, not the wrong sort apparently.

• Upvote 2

Riley has gone off on one now about Owen Jones making out like he was the real victim of the holocaust because he's tweeted some entirely innocuous articles about the recently reported study into holocaust denial/lack of awareness. 

She's unhinged. The best thing for all, including herself, is to just close her Twitter down. She's making a show of herself. 

4 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Riley has gone off on one now about Owen Jones making out like he was the real victim of the holocaust because he's tweeted some entirely innocuous articles about the recently reported study into holocaust denial/lack of awareness. 

She's unhinged. The best thing for all, including herself, is to just close her Twitter down. She's making a show of herself. 

That’s the thing about free sites, any cunt can get an account. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

She said she didn't look typically Jewish. Not the same as questioning her legitimacy, is it.

I haven’t seen the tweet that Rico was referring to as he didn’t post it, so it could’ve been related to that.

• Like 1