You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

On 1/26/2019 at 12:39 PM, Section_31 said:

Rachel Riley has had to get extra security on Countdown because of "TWITTER THREATS FROM CORBYN"S VILE TROLL STORMTROOPER ARMY OF BASTARDS."

Otherwise know as Jeff82, a taxi driver with no girlfriend. 

He’s a busy busy boy then.  

RR has said that she was inspired to look into Anti-Semitism by listening to a Muslim who called into Majid Narwaz’s radio show.  He called into the show to talk about how he’d noticed more AS and fear amongst the Jewish community so he’d signed up to an online course.  So Jeff82 must get around.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just read this on Twitter;

‘If you spend more time claiming Jews lie or exaggerate about instances of anti-Semitism than calling out actual anti-Semitism, consider that you may be part of why anti-Semitism has persisted all these years.’

I can’t think of any other claim of racism that would be dismissed so easily on here.  

1 minute ago, rico1304 said:

‘If you spend more time claiming Jews lie or exaggerate about instances of anti-Semitism than calling out actual anti-Semitism, consider that you may be part of why anti-Semitism has persisted all these years.’

I can’t think of any other claim of racism that would be dismissed so easily on here.  

I can't think of any other criticism of a country that would be so easily twisted to be portayed as a form of religious/ethnic hatred. If you're critical of the human rights abuses or war crimes of Saudi Arabia, Syria or Sudan, you're rarely, if ever, accused of being anti-Islamic/Alawite etc. 

Antisemitism should be condemned. But, it's head in the sand time to not acknowledge that it is sometimes falsely brought up as a tactically weaponised means of silencing people and attacking them rather than addressing their legitimate concerns and criticism.

13 minutes ago, rico1304 said:

Genuine anti semitism exists, aspects of it have been exaggerated to further various goals.

Calling someone from Jamaica a n**ger is racist, criticising the Jamaican government for carpet bombing civilians isn't, and anyone who used the former as a shield against the latter is a twat - end of.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I can't think of any other criticism of a country that would be so easily twisted to be portayed as a form of religious/ethnic hatred. If you're critical of the human rights abuses or war crimes of Saudi Arabia, Syria or Sudan, you're rarely, if ever, accused of being anti-Islamic/Alawite etc. 

Antisemitism should be condemned. But, it's head in the sand time to not acknowledge that it is sometimes falsely brought up as a tactically weaponised means of silencing people and attacking them rather than addressing their legitimate concerns and criticism.

RR is not religious and has fuck all to do with Israel.  She’s got tonnes of shit on this thread for talking about AS and every time someone shouts ‘But Israel!’  What has Israel got to do with her? Same with Baddiel, same with Schneider. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, rico1304 said:

RR is not religious and has fuck all to do with Israel.  She’s got tonnes of shit on this thread for talking about AS and every time someone shouts ‘But Israel!’  What has Israel got to do with her? Same with Baddiel, same with Schneider. 

A largely irrelevant and untruthful reply. Par for the course. 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, rico1304 said:

With Rachel Riley IMO it’s less to do with her being a militant Israel supporter (of which I don’t know if she is), but more to do with her calling Corbyn, Galloway and Chomsky anti-semites for calling out Israel’s actions. 

3 minutes ago, aRdja said:

With Rachel Riley IMO it’s less to do with her being an militant Israel supporter (of which I don’t know if she is), but more to do with her calling Corbyn, Galloway and Chomsky anti-semites for calling out Israel’s actions. 

I don't think she really knows what she's on about to be honest. 

2 minutes ago, rico1304 said:

Yes, no fucking way she’s as clever as you kids.  No fucking way.  

When I saw that you'd quoted my post about Corbyn it opened up a whole world of possibilities, I could barely contain my excitement to see what you'd written. In fact I had to sit down first. 

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

Just had a look at her timeline, she's retweeted someone accusing Corbyn of trolling six million Jews for saying the holocaust shouldn't be allowed to happen again. What?

He is literally friendly with people who want to exterminate every Jew on the planet.

• Downvote 4

9 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

So heartening to see people using Holocaust Memorial Day to tell Jews they don't know what they're talking about and that they're exaggerating anti-semitism for political purposes.

Same again next year?

Do you know what I would think was worse if I'd survived the holocaust? Members of my own community using it to further their own agendas, to the point where I myself as a holocaust survivor am actually accused of anti-Semitism if I don't fall in line.

Absolutely sickening. 

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

Just had a look at her timeline, she's retweeted someone accusing Corbyn of trolling six million Jews for saying the holocaust shouldn't be allowed to happen again. What?

That bastard. It she never be allowed to happen again? You won’t take away might rights you commie shithouse. 

Just now, Section_31 said:

Do you know what I would think was worse if I'd survived the holocaust? Members of my own community using it to further their own agendas, to the point where I myself as a holocaust survivor am actually accused of anti-Semitism if I don't fall in line.

Absolutely sickening. 

Yes, but what you think bears zero relation what a Jewish person thinks. Jews, whether they survived genocide or not, are generally sympathetic to the idea that they should have a safe haven they can go to so it never happens again.

• Downvote 1