You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

1 minute ago, moof said:

Yes, that is exactly what you do every time you parrot far right propaganda. Perhaps unwittingly, if I’m being charitable. 

You're so full of shit it's untrue. Not once have I ever parroted any propaganda, far-right or otherwise.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

You're so full of shit it's untrue. Not once have I ever parroted any propaganda, far-right or otherwise.

So she’s far-right now?  Maybe Countdown has radicalised her?  Wasn’t like that in Richard Whitely’s day.  

Or was it Strictly?  Darcy Bussell rocking an SS tattoo.  

8 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I’d be quite happy to call a person who promotes anti-semitism, an anti-semite.

I wouldn't. There are lots of ways a person could enable something without actively supporting and believing it.

But since you're not Jewish, you don't get to define what antisemitism is anyway, so the point is moot.

• Downvote 3

8 minutes ago, moof said:

You realise the people who read your posts have a functioning memory? 

I certainly hope so.

Funny how your memory never stretches to specific examples, isn't it. Almost like it was a baseless smear or something.

6 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

I wouldn't. There are lots of ways a person could enable something without actively supporting and believing it.

But since you're not Jewish, you don't get to define what antisemitism is anyway, so the point is moot.

Lucky there is a definition out there with examples right?

Please keep it civil Strontium.

Just now, aRdja said:

Lucky there is a definition out there with examples right?

Please keep it civil Strontium.

What wasn't civil about my response?!

Given the sly little comments you've been making all day, I think my response was actually remarkably civil.

What Riley means is that Chomsky is a critic of Israeli war crimes, apartheid and the bastardisation of Zionism as well as being an advocate of Palestinian rights. 

She's perpetuating the same tired, old bare faced lie that anybody who holds such views has an underlying motivation - antisemitism - and she's desperately trying to squeeze advocating Palestinian rights into the same box as encouraging antisemitism. 

She's quite close to making the collective comparison as per the unfit for purpose IHRA definition of Israel = jews. 

She's really adding very little to the discussion. 

14 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

What wasn't civil about my response?!

Given the sly little comments you've been making all day, I think my response was actually remarkably civil.

It was a “know your place” comment, which is uncalled for.

9 minutes ago, rico1304 said:

I think this is where someone comes in and says ‘some of my best friends are black’. 

Two non Jews tell another non jew he’s not allowed to call out an anti-semitic act if he sees one... I’ve seen it all now. Didn’t agree with it at the time but Moof might have made a good point earlier, in hindsight. 

2 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Two non Jews tell another non jew he’s not allowed to call out an anti-semitic act if he sees one... I’ve seen it all now.

When did you see that? Are you seeing things again? I certainly didn’t say it and SD is Jewish.  Keep up kid! 

2 minutes ago, rico1304 said:

When did you see that? Are you seeing things again? I certainly didn’t say it and SD is Jewish.  Keep up kid! 

Err that was the whole discussion Rico? SD said just a couple of posts back only jews are allowed call out anti-semites. Also you don’t need to be patronising, calling me “kid”. It’s not a good look.

1 minute ago, aRdja said:

Err that was the whole discussion Rico? SD said just a couple of posts back only jews are allowed call out anti-semites. Also you don’t need to be patronising, calling me “kid”. It’s not a good look.

I didn’t say it though did I? And I don’t think he said that either.  

Ha, sorry love.  

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jan/07/labour-backs-cross-party-amendment-to-block-no-deal-brexit

When the majority of the Labour party decided to vote for Art.50 you guaranteed that No Deal was the most likely outcome because that's the only thing Art 50 guarantees.

The Tory and Labour party is  chock top to bottom with absolute fucking imbeciles.

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, skend04 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jan/07/labour-backs-cross-party-amendment-to-block-no-deal-brexit

When the majority of the Labour party decided to vote for Art.50 you guaranteed that No Deal was the most likely outcome because that's the only thing Art 50 guarantees.

The Tory and Labour party is  chock top to bottom with absolute fucking imbeciles.

Article 50 does not "guarantee" a No Deal Brexit. It doesn't even guarantee Brexit. It is unilaterally revocable. 

"Let us not talk falsely, now; the hour's getting late."