You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

8 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

If there aren't currently negotiating some way to get Parliament onside, then the Conservatives are even more incompetent than they look.

There's nothing to negotiate. There is no alternative to the backstop and as much as Labour would like to think there is parliamentary opposition to the whole deal, if May/EU could fix the backstop they'd have enough votes to get it through. What the conservatives are doing now is negotiating with each other and trying to convince enough of their numbers the horrors of no deal are worse than the "no sovereignty" side of the backstop. Except nobody truly believes no deal is an option. This is the sickening thing of all the money they're spending on ships etc at the moment. It will never, ever be used, we are just pissing the cash away that could be used on other things for the benefit of a tory party squabble. 

12 minutes ago, rico1304 said:

It wouldn’t make any difference to the c60% of the country and 70% of his party?  

No, what difference would it make to what you say you want - no Brexit.

I've asked you more than once to say how Corbyn getting involved would change things and you just keep repeating the same digs. You're unloading on him because you can't bring yourself to do it against your own party who both instigated and are perpetuating it. 

Seriously, fill in the gaps below and enlighten everyone. 

(1) Corbyn tells Andrew Marr Brexit is a bad idea.

(2) 

(3)

(4) plug is pulled on Brexit.

They aren’t ‘my party’ ive voted for them because it suited me.  I’ve said this about ten thousand times (give or take a thousand).  If there was a party that suited me more I’d vote for them, if that was Labour you’d think I was one of the cool kids despite my motivation being exactly the same.  

Remaining becomes seen as a serious and viable option

mays deal is voted down, there’s an election (that’s what you’re hoping for too isn’t it?) 

Lib Dem voters may migrate, especially if JC and Lib Dem leadership are

able to do a deal

JC gets the DUP onside (personally I’d never stop laughing at that)

Millions and millions of voters who were seduced by JC last time (paraphrasing you) vote for the only credible Remain party

He’s doing fuck all at the moment, I’d rather go down swinging.  

If we get an election and JC loses what a brilliant tactician he’ll be. 

Just now, Strontium Dog said:

Labour must be able to stop the Tories, because they have 260-odd MPs, and I read on here that you can stop everything the Tories do with 57 MPs.

I think they might be able to do something if they were in government and the other party were dependant on them to get anything through. You know, like the Lib Dems were. 

1 hour ago, rico1304 said:

They aren’t ‘my party’ ive voted for them because it suited me.  I’ve said this about ten thousand times (give or take a thousand).  If there was a party that suited me more I’d vote for them, if that was Labour you’d think I was one of the cool kids despite my motivation being exactly the same.  

Remaining becomes seen as a serious and viable option

mays deal is voted down, there’s an election (that’s what you’re hoping for too isn’t it?) 

Lib Dem voters may migrate, especially if JC and Lib Dem leadership are

able to do a deal

JC gets the DUP onside (personally I’d never stop laughing at that)

Millions and millions of voters who were seduced by JC last time (paraphrasing you) vote for the only credible Remain party

He’s doing fuck all at the moment, I’d rather go down swinging.  

If we get an election and JC loses what a brilliant tactician he’ll be. 

That's some amazing bollocks that son. 

Nobody's "obliged" to get Brexit through parliament at all. The vote was wholly illegitimate, proven lies bankrolled by dubious foreign money. People are going to go to jail for it. Not that the leader of her majesty's opposition has had a word to say about Russian interference in the referendum, which itself should raise all kind of red flags, no matter what your politics is.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Nobody's "obliged" to get Brexit through parliament at all. 

Yes, yes. But, you know, they really are. I agree it wasn’t legitimate. It fucking sucked as I was saying at the time. But also, there was a referendum and there was a result. If the only major opposing party is like ‘nah, fuck it’ they’ll never been in power to do anything. I can only see this ending in one of two ways. First, a crazy No Deal. Second, a referendum that will be stay or go without a deal. Hopefully sooner rather than later and hopefully some cunt can butter Murdoch up to sell, sell, sell it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog said:

Nobody's "obliged" to get Brexit through parliament at all. The vote was wholly illegitimate, proven lies bankrolled by dubious foreign money. People are going to go to jail for it. Not that the leader of her majesty's opposition has had a word to say about Russian interference in the referendum, which itself should raise all kind of red flags, no matter what your politics is.

Bloody facts, didn’t someone say that earlier? 

10 minutes ago, rico1304 said:

Bloody facts, didn’t someone say that earlier? 

That's the biggest issue I have with Brexit, Tories and Labour alike treating it like it's a legitimate thing when it's the dodgiest result since hanging chads in Florida. And apart from the odd MP in those parties (notably Ben Bradshaw) nobody is pointing at the overwhelming Russian interference and saying: "Hang on a minute, hadn't we better get to the bottom of this before we commit our country to a disastrous path, onto which it's been set by a foreign power that wants to see us burn?"

I feel like I'm living in Bizarro World.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

That's the biggest issue I have with Brexit, Tories and Labour alike treating it like it's a legitimate thing when it's the dodgiest result since hanging chads in Florida. And apart from the odd MP in those parties (notably Ben Bradshaw) nobody is pointing at the overwhelming Russian interference and saying: "Hang on a minute, hadn't we better get to the bottom of this before we commit our country to a disastrous path, onto which it's been set by a foreign power that wants to see us burn?"

Genuine question, how many times have the LDs brought up Russian Interference into Brexit as questions to the PM in parliament? 

8 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Who else but that cunt Moof would neg this? The electorate had been proved to be misled by a foreign power but its the Russians so can’t accept it. If only he was a real person rather than a melange.  

If itd been the US he’d be all over it.  Like Corbyn would have as the are the great enemy.